Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza tweet - free agent Alou Diarra

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think it may be someone fairly significant as my source at the club is refusing to say who it is. They have been specifically told not to disclose.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
ince is a box to box midfielder in my mind. When he came onto the scene he was causing absolute havoc with his ridiculous solo runs. His form has suffered from being played as a holding midfielder

Did those solo runs tend to have an end product though? He always seemed to turn into Bambi as he got into the opposition's half

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
The latter. Someone like Bridcutt needs to sit just behind Rohan, mop up behind him and then give him the ball to RAMPAGE forwards. I like Ince but he is a LUNATIC and the last person I want to sit as the last line before defence. It doesn't suit him at all.

not convinced it fits either role tbh. clearly we need a proper DM and then we need someone in front who can dictate the midfield and direct the forward play. i have to say i think he is more the former than the latter if you made me choose.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
there having a tough time at the moment as is the team.

But we must continue with JFC and Ince in my opinion, we will be handsomely rewarded in the long run.

God I miss Stephens and want him alongside those 2 so much !

Oct 25, 2003
Did those solo runs tend to have an end product though? He always seemed to turn into Bambi as he got into the opposition's half

doesn't matter for me...if he's given license to ROAM then something will come of it eventually. One time he committed about SIX opposition players and he bombarded forward and left them all QUIVERING WRECKS by the end of it. It's all about creating that sense of uncertainty in the opposition that none of our players are currently capable of. It seems obvious- the guys a physical phenomenon and it should be an absolute no brainer that he should be unleashed like a caged, angry bear. You wouldn't ask a bear or a rhino to perform a calm, tactical role would you? Wind them up, poke them while they're in their cage and unleash them to feast on the oppositions physically inferior weaklings. He's an alpha male, an apex predator and is currently being stifled like those orcas at seaworld

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Holla Stephens Tex would probably be my preferred 3. Holla and Stephens if just two in the middle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Holla Stephens Tex would probably be my preferred 3. Holla and Stephens if just two in the middle.

Same. A midfield 3 of JFC Ince & Gardner is average league 1 at BEST! Let's be honest...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Same. A midfield 3 of JFC Ince & Gardner is average league 1 at BEST! Let's be honest...

They all have some good attributes and the 3 of them would make one decent player if you took the best of each. But all playing together it's incredibly weak and flimsy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyway, we're getting off topic.

What do we know about this mysterious signing?

1. French
2. Free Agent
3. Possibly a bit older/not match fit
4. ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They all have some good attributes and the 3 of them would make one decent player if you took the best of each. But all playing together it's incredibly weak and flimsy.

Top post. I still maintain ive seen 50% of 11 yr olds head a football better than Rohan Ince :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here