Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'm in Brighton... what a shit hole. Seriously horrid."

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
To be fair to the Norwich. I doubt they've left Brighton. & hove is much nicer

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who childlike says "Well Norwich is a shithole too" in tit for tat is clearly as stupid as that Canary. Both are great cities albeit offering very different things. Love both albeit we're way ahead in the pretentious stakes let's face it. Can be nauseatingly if not a little annoying at times. Other parts of the UK are available...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes agreed....Brighton just never really gets any investment and will always rely on tourists and rich Londoners.

Guess having the greens really did deprive the city of moving with the times as bike and bus lanes were more important than creating jobs and attracting investment.

I'm shocked the I360 got built as hardly anything gets the go ahead in Brighton:lolol:

When was the last time you were actually in Brighton? 1974?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Brighton is fantastic it has everything you could possibly need.

The problem with living in Brighton is that every time you visit somewhere else
It's always a dissapointment compared to Brighton.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Norwich isn't bad. Decent cathedral, some interesting medieval areas, the walk from the station to Carrow Road along the river bank is pleasant on a sunny day. I'm prepared to believe that it has some culture. Okay, it's miles better than Luton. But it's miles from anywhere along a horrible road or one of the most expensive rail lines in the country. And there's a reason why Steve Coogan and Armando Ianucci decided that Alan Partridge came from Norwich.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I don't know whether Brighton has gone down hill in recent years or whether because I moved away I see it with different eyes now but I think it's over rated and tacky . That fish and chip shop between the pier and where the wheel used to be is seaside tackiness at its peak . I recently visited Bristol and found it much nicer and cleaner than Brighton . Decent pubs and cider bars , a nice new Quay area while keeping old buildings restored .

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton and Hove needs tidy up the city it needs to clean and keep painting and repairing the seafront and beech as I feel Brighton a great place to visit.
Encourage private landlords to maintain there properties as I sure it would be worth millions to the economy.
I think the standard of the gardens have gone downhill.
The council and residents and business need to work together.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Any chance you could make that bigger?

Very hard to read.

Is this better?

image.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wow he got a big haul here. one pithy comment, which goes back on later anyway, and this board has more negative things to say than they do :facepalm:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
and of course since the bombing of Dresden, Norwich has boasted the most pre-Reformation churches in the world.

Well if that's the case, f@ck the football, I'm off to Norwich. Can't wait!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here