Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that the Muslim population may have increased, but not by anything like as much as some think. People see an extra Muslim on the streets and jump to the conclusion that we are being invaded by stealth and all our basic human rights are going to be taken away, our hands chopped off and made to pray five times a day. Along with certain sections of the media this is a nice narrative to keep on plugging, as it makes those sections of the media a lot of money, people love lapping this stuff up like rabid dogs!

Agree. And people have to understand the world moves on, countries and cultures change. We will never have just 3 tv stations any more and people have to accept this. Fighting it is futile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not true, see below with the last census

The table below shows data regarding religion for the 2001 and 2011 censuses:

Religion 2001/2011

Christian 42,079,417 71.58% 37,583,962 59.49%
Muslim 1,591,126 2.71% 2,786,635 4.41%
Hindu 558,810 0.95% 835,394 1.32%
Sikh 336,149 0.57% 432,429 0.68%
Jewish 266,740 0.45% 269,568 0.43%
Buddhist 151,816 0.26% 261,584 0.41%
Other religion 178,837 0.30% 262,774 0.42%
No religion 16,221,509 25.67%
Religion not stated 4,528,323 7.17%
(No religion and Religion not stated) 13,626,299 23.18% 20,749,832 32.84%
Total population 58,789,194 100.00% 63,182,178 100.00%

Does it matter what religion people are?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Eh? As responses from you go that had to be the weakest yet. Look how long you had to respond and this is your best effort. Where to begin?

Firstly, I've been stating my point to you all last evening, I've never once shirked from it. This time I responded to a particularly crap reply to you in the way I know best: a song lyric.

Secondly, clearly I know where the lyric comes from. You think I'd know a lyric and not know its origin especially one as famous as that? The reason I asked others to help YOU out (not me) was because I wanted to prove that although you didn't recognise it others would because it was so well-known.

And you've got the audacity to say I talk shit. Even for you, your latest reply was bad.
**** me you are tiresome, now I remember why I stopped responding to your nonsense.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
**** me you are tiresome, now I remember why I stopped responding to your nonsense.

As I recall, it was because all you had was that 'pigeon' insult and it made you look like a simpering hypocrite when you started moaning about people being abusive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Out of all the right-wing nutjobs on this site, Buzzer is by far the most tedious. More interested in fishing for reactions, rather than joining the debate like the others.
Wilfully ignoring the points being made (no-one can really be that thick) too argue his own agenda. I thought at least he would stand by his own half naked opinions rather that hiding behind a get out clause of "I used a song lyric so it doesn't count". As for assuming someone on a football forum had never heard Eaton Rifles well that is just ignorant arrogance at its finest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As for assuming someone on a football forum had never heard Eaton Rifles well that is just ignorant arrogance at its finest.

It's "Eton Rifles" btw. But just how is quoting a lyric that you clearly didn't recognise and then asking others to name it for you showing "arrogant ignorance"? I'm not sure it's safe to even debate with you if you take such offence at me asking others to name a song for you. You're not right in the head.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wilfully ignoring the points being made (no-one can really be that thick) too argue his own agenda. I thought at least he would stand by his own half naked opinions rather that hiding behind a get out clause of "I used a song lyric so it doesn't count". As for assuming someone on a football forum had never heard Eaton Rifles well that is just ignorant arrogance at its finest.

I have heard of Eton Rifles did not realise they did a posh school remix though

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It's me that's the fool?

You said and I quote "My god you talk shit" to which I cheekily responded with a lyric you didn't recognise. Your (over)reaction to that is this:

I thought at least he would stand by his own half naked opinions rather that hiding behind a get out clause of "I used a song lyric so it doesn't count".

Jesus wept man, how exactly do you expect someone to respond to "my God you talk shit"? And what exactly is 'it' that doesn't count?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's "Eton Rifles" btw. But just how is quoting a lyric that you clearly didn't recognise and then asking others to name it for you showing "arrogant ignorance"? I'm not sure it's safe to even debate with you if you take such offence at me asking others to name a song for you. You're not right in the head.
Even with your lack of comprehension I don't understand how you assume that I didn't recognise it. I didn't realise you needed me to cite your quotes for you, I just responded to the point you were making rather than the manner in which you made it. I am a but old for the I know more about music that you games.

Apologies for my spelling but I am on my phone walking home after a few beers. Autocorrect is a pain.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Even with your lack of comprehension I don't understand how you assume that I didn't recognise it.

Err...because when I wrote that I'm no match for your untamed wit you replied:

That wasn't wit, that was just an observation. Although judging by your track record I am not surprised to confused the two.

Now call me a silly sausage if you want but if you'd got the song reference you wouldn't have gone off on that dead-end of an argument. You didn't get the song reference until I'd pointed it out. Do you remember writing that response? This is getting very surreal.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's me that's the fool?

You said and I quote "My god you talk shit" to which I cheekily responded with a lyric you didn't recognise. Your (over)reaction to that is this:

Jesus wept man, how exactly do you expect someone to respond to "my God you talk shit"? And what exactly is 'it' that doesn't count?
Tedious is definitely right.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think that the Muslim population may have increased, but not by anything like as much as some think. People see an extra Muslim on the streets and jump to the conclusion that we are being invaded by stealth and all our basic human rights are going to be taken away, our hands chopped off and made to pray five times a day. Along with certain sections of the media this is a nice narrative to keep on plugging, as it makes those sections of the media a lot of money, people love lapping this stuff up like rabid dogs!

I think you're confusing numbers with influence, that is the key point here, although I suspect both our increasing.

Again I think you underestimate many peoples grievances and you seem to infer some underlying racism that for most doesnt exist, there is however a tendency to offer Islam a greater preference to other faiths that tend to be less demanding.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Err...because when I wrote that I'm no match for your untamed wit you replied:

Now call me a silly sausage if you want but if you'd got the song reference you wouldn't have gone off on that dead-end of an argument. You didn't get the song reference until I'd pointed it out. Do you remember writing that response? This is getting very surreal.

Think and think hard buzzer (till it hurts, is this willful our are you really so stupid). You used the lyrics of a song that everyone over the age of 30 knows, to make a point.

I responded to that point (not the song lyric).

Then you backed away from that point by suggesting that because you used a song lyric your point didn't count and I shouldn't have responded to it.

You have then tediously banged on about this (whilst suggesting I didn't know the lyric) for hours.

If you can't get your head around this by now I think I am done trying to explain it to you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm arguing with someone who's both stupid and drunk, a lethal combination. Lesson learned. Enjoy the hangover tomorrow Badfish.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Think and think hard buzzer (till it hurts, is this willful our are you really so stupid). You used the lyrics of a song that everyone over the age of 30 knows, to make a point.

I responded to that point (not the song lyric).

Then you backed away from that point by suggesting that because you used a song lyric your point didn't count and I shouldn't have responded to it.

You have then tediously banged on about this (whilst suggesting I didn't know the lyric) for hours.

If you can't get your head around this by now I think I am done trying to explain it to you.

You've had a few beers on the way home from school, spelt Eton wrong and got more confused. We've all done it, posted rubbish after a few scoops, just move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here