Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm arguing with someone who's both stupid and drunk, a lethal combination. Lesson learned. Enjoy the hangover tomorrow Badfish.
Oh do **** off you pompous dullard, at least I have an excuse for continuing this tedious nonsense. You have been sober (and stupid) through the entire sorry episode.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think you're confusing numbers with influence, that is the key point here, although I suspect both our increasing.

Again I think you underestimate many peoples grievances and you seem to infer some underlying racism that for most doesnt exist, there is however a tendency to offer Islam a greater preference to other faiths that tend to be less demanding.

If that's the case then it's good to see that the biggest increase in 'religious' groupings is amongst those with no religious affiliation, both in numbers and percentage wise.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good post except that the people that are fed up are not all far right, no where near. Let's say the Liberals are the only left wing party out there, well their support has plummeted, could that be because more voters are worried about the issues that you mentioned.
I agree that it is not just the far right. I mentioned the far right as i think there is a great danger from them in the current climate. I count myself as moderate however I am very upset at the sheer scale of immigration and the apparent failure of multiculturalism.
I agree with nearly all of your points except for the last bit.

Many when offering a wholly reasonable views on the lack of western Muslim integration and its effects, then nearly always feels obliged to counter it with a 'rise in the extreme right'.

Accepting this perhaps is happening in Europe for many reasons, I actually do not see it here, I see a belated rally from the out of touch main parties on immigration and a more narrow and sharper view on immigration and its consequences from UKIP, but these are not far right wing.

Nor should those supporting them be classed as such, there is just an inevitable view that those Muslims that seem to have an unbreakable loyalty and empathy with an unknown Muslim 1000's of miles away seem to struggle to offer anything similar to a community of a different faith just around the corner.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think you're confusing numbers with influence, that is the key point here, although I suspect both our increasing.

Again I think you underestimate many peoples grievances and you seem to infer some underlying racism that for most doesnt exist, there is however a tendency to offer Islam a greater preference to other faiths that tend to be less demanding.

If you want to split hairs and suggest numbers and influence aren't interchangeable then so be it!

No I don't underestimate peoples grievances; I just think they are in the majority unfounded grievances. A debate about integration and all its forms is probably a good thing, just so long as it doesn't involve massive histrionics, which almost entirely arise from those against Muslim integration.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree that it is not just the far right. I mentioned the far right as i think there is a great danger from them in the current climate. I count myself as moderate however I am very upset at the sheer scale of immigration and the apparent failure of multiculturalism.

I think a lot of the problem with apparent failure of multiculturalism was the timing and quantity. Remember that Labour admitted they made a mistake, especially when the country was in recession, this caused problems with labour immigrating here and competing for few jobs and with little overheads being able to accept low wages.
I think most have integrated ok, albeit too many here, and as i have stated MANY times there are little problems from the vast majority here, that includes their religions....except one that seems to stir up trouble on a weekly basis.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If you want to split hairs and suggest numbers and influence aren't interchangeable then so be it!

No I don't underestimate peoples grievances; I just think they are in the majority unfounded grievances. A debate about integration and all its forms is probably a good thing, just so long as it doesn't involve massive histrionics, which almost entirely arise from those against Muslim integration.

I am not splitting hairs, if as Creaky has said that the largest growing group our those non religious, then how can there be greater religious driven decisions similar to those discussed on this thread.

How do soberly dressed middle class Muslim men try to effect the governance of some of our schools in Birmingham, then there is the offshoot of a cult of Islam willing to kill on our own streets.

I fear part of the non affiliated religious groups are those too accepting and unchallenging that then inadvertently allow this to happen.

Its not anti Muslim, its just in reference to all religions by saying 'just back off, we dont do that s**t here'.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I think a lot of the problem with apparent failure of multiculturalism was the timing and quantity. Remember that Labour admitted they made a mistake, especially when the country was in recession, this caused problems with labour immigrating here and competing for few jobs and with little overheads being able to accept low wages.
I think most have integrated ok, albeit too many here, and as i have stated MANY times there are little problems from the vast majority here, that includes their religions....except one that seems to stir up trouble on a weekly basis.

I agree with 95% of what you've said here.

Although i believe that the same as been said about every wave of immigrants in the past. I do think that part of the problem of integration lies in faith schools, as that will slow the process down.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Aren't those most 'against Muslim integration' from within the Muslim community itself?!

D

Deleted member 22389

You also forgot the word quality.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014

Damn Papists..................been causing problems over here for centuries

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So following progress on the original story.... well I'm sure some will see it as an Islamist plot but its mainly a whole load of bile puffed up by the press. Seems Mr Khans family asked the cemetery, council asked the Smiths, Smiths said no, Khans said fair enough, Smiths go to press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here