Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First championship match he's had the opportunity to play alongside our 'first team' if you take into account the number of players signed after the Birmingham game

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Thought that COG looked lost when hd came on and did next to nothing. If CMS is out for any length of time we need to use the loan market.

I have been a critic of him but I would ask Leicester about Wood on 93 day loan.

Must of been watching a different game to me- I thought he did ok

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He does look a bit lost in a way but his link up play was excellent and helped create some of the latter chances. I can't seem him scoring sadly but if the midfielders had their shooting boots on we should have won easily.

In a 4-4-1-1 set up he could play at the top, and McSmudger or Baldrick could run on to his knockdowns

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If we think we're going to finish in the top half with O'Grady, CMS and Baldock up top we have another thing coming. £8million for Ulloa, what's to show for it? We need goal scorers how obvious can it get that these three will not fire in the goals?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ive always defended cms since his arrival but blimey he had a shocker tonight. COG looked much better when he came on. The biggest worry is none of our strikers look like scoring regularly and we are talking an apparent £5.5m worth of talent!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought COG was poor very slow and unaware of what was happening around him. Held the ball up then did nothing with it, time to use the loan market me thinks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought COG was poor very slow and unaware of what was happening around him. Held the ball up then did nothing with it, time to use the loan market me thinks.

A little harsh, (wouldn't say he was poor) but largely true. He kept drifting wide, when we needed a presence in the box.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
A little harsh, (wouldn't say he was poor) but largely true. He kept drifting wide, when we needed a presence in the box.

I agree with you. I thought his hold up play and link up play was pretty good, he usually found his man. He also made some reasonably intelligent runs off the ball - but as you say, into the channels. He doesn't look a goalscoring threat. But I don't think he was as harsh as bg says above. Just needs a goalscorer played off him. Step forward Sam Baldock?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very good performance when he came on. Strong, held the ball up well, laid it off well and was in good positions. Had once chance to have a shot and it had real power, shame it was blocked. Very pleased with him and for him

albionite

May 20, 2009

Probably why I can never take anything you say serious. Every time he won or received the ball he managed to pass or cross it.... A much better option than CMS. He just needs a goal scoring partner up front.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Last night? Jeez there's 2 polarised views then. He held up and laid the ball off well and made 2/3 really incisive passes to the runners. Fierce shot on him too, one from the right side, edge of box that had Marshall rubbing his hands.

We may well need better but he acquitted himself well last night, did more in 30 mins than CMS in 60

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Are you on the CMS payroll?

I thought COG did well last night, a solid 6/7 out of 10. CMS was utterly dire. Neither really looked like scoring, at least COG brought others into the game.

Maybe you should change you name to Craig's grandad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
COG looked good last night, he won a couple of decent headers and was full of running, played a very tidy pass through someones legs which put us on the counter, very tidy.

Only issue I had with him, was his movement upfront looked a little poor and often seemed to be out of posistion after trying to do too much to get involved in the game, but overall he looked alright, certainly an option.

I think he would look better with someone playing closer to him, but by the time he came on the game was getting a little streched and he didnt have the support of tex and lua lua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here