Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In any other division, across Europe, this match would be a textbook lesson in having your foot on everyone else's throat, and pushing down, hard.

We all know the championship doesnt, and has never, worked like that.

1-0 to them, bringing forth the next wave of palace dribblers.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
They were disappointing at the Amex, changed their tactics and came for a point with time wasting from the off. They press hard and play good possession stuff, but their goals tally at home is not great. I'm hoping we can catch them on the break and take advantage from dead ball situations, where they do concede from. Wagner likes to tinker with his side and I'd be happy if Mooy doesn't play. They may be happy with a playoff position, so I am expecting them to be cagey and not gung ho. They also have Leeds at home Sunday, which is probably a bigger match for them.I'd take a sneaky 1-0 now and then anything at Brentford is a bonus.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I can't see us grinding out a result against them as we have done against others, as they will be seriously up for it I'd wager.

Wednesday were well up for it, but we weathered their Massive storm. After about 75 minutes they were knackered and we took 'em down. Looking forward to another hard fought match...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just got my first pang of nerves thinking about tonight's impending game.

Ugh. It's only FEBRUARY. So much more of this to go. Love/Hate it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If they have a go at us instead of the bus parking we saw at the Amex then we've more chance of getting a win. I hope they really go for it, but they'll definitely have one eye on the Leeds game as they HATE them.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Tasty matchup here, against a rival who play good football and are likeable to most football fans (outside Yorkshire, of course)....

I don't rate Colin Quaner though.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If they have a go at us instead of the bus parking we saw at the Amex then we've more chance of getting a win. I hope they really go for it, but they'll definitely have one eye on the Leeds game as they HATE them.

They might hate Leeds, but I doubt the manager has that same passion, they need to win to increase that gap from 7th which is only 3 points so they have to come at us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've been fretting about our away performance at Preston until I re-read the team sheet. We had issues that day. No Dunk, Stephens, Bong/Pog, Kayal. Stronger line-up tonight:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Duffy
Adekugbe

Knockaert
Sidwell (Kayal 73')
Norwood
Skalak (Murphy 56')

Baldock (Hemed 63')
Murray

Our blips this season could be put down injuries, even that 1-0 win over Cardiff minor blip. .

Newcastle had the same excuse vs QPR. The whole Championship could be decided on injuries again.

A lot of bluff said about Newcastle having a better team and better squad than us. I don't buy into this at all. They had more luck with lack of injuries though.

We've had a bit of good luck though. Who would have thought Bruno would play over 70 consecutive games?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We are to them what Middlesbrough were to us last season.

We will find a way to win this one. 3-1 Albion

That means set pieces then. I would not be surprised if we had a routine worked out and used in this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here