Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil moved to Fri, live on sky

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some poor arguments here

"They should give us notice" - you've got a month. It's not like they've decided to televise the Middlesbrough game. Most companies only require 28 days notice when booking time off, if necessary.

"Think of the loyal fans!" - Surely if you're such a loyal fan you'll take the necessary steps to get to the game? Not to mention the implication that anyone who isn't complaining about it isn't loyal.

"The club should just say no" - Great. So, with the club working towards FFP limits you want them to turn down major contribution to the coffers? I believe El Presidente has said for every pound in tickets we get 50-55p from TV money. Why would we turn down the equivalent of another 13,000 tickets sold because 3000 (many of whom have paid anyway) can't/don't want to make the effort to come on a friday night?

If the game being moved is inconvenient for you, you have my sympathies. But that's life with football at this level.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
On a personnel note not good as I'm unable to make the trip, but the club will benifit with increased tele revenue so got to think if the bigger picture.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Some poor arguments here

"They should give us notice" - you've got a month. It's not like they've decided to televise the Middlesbrough game. Most companies only require 28 days notice when booking time off, if necessary.

"Think of the loyal fans!" - Surely if you're such a loyal fan you'll take the necessary steps to get to the game? Not to mention the implication that anyone who isn't complaining about it isn't loyal.

"The club should just say no" - Great. So, with the club working towards FFP limits you want them to turn down major contribution to the coffers? I believe El Presidente has said for every pound in tickets we get 50-55p from TV money. Why would we turn down the equivalent of another 13,000 tickets sold because 3000 (many of whom have paid anyway) can't/don't want to make the effort to come on a friday night?

If the game being moved is inconvenient for you, you have my sympathies. But that's life with football at this level.
How do I get my plane to go 24 hours early from the US and it was going to be my big day out ! Last home game and my birthday, thanks FL/Sky

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Happy enough - Friday game good for the beer and if still in the play off hunt it will be banging !

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
How do I get my plane to go 24 hours early from the US and it was going to be my big day out ! Last home game and my birthday, thanks FL/Sky

What about the positives? No going to the airport, no over priced food, no sitting next to annoying passengers/crying babies, no cost of ticket, no jet lag, sitting at home or in a bar watching the game, not having to keep geting up to make room for the early leavers. So many positives to be had.:thumbsup:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
utter ballacks - the last home game should be a Saturday where everyone optimistically sports a polo and shorts, has a few jars and stays out later than usual because it's the last day n that - real shame

it will be 0-0

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
People make plans. When will they realise this?

yes, I know it adds a few coffers to the account but us mere mortals have to make plans around the season even as STHs. I will probably now have to miss our final home game because of this. Cheers!:cheers:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

That doesn't seem to be a claim that you don't have enough notice, that you're a loyal fan the club should be sacrificing income for, or that the club should just tell sky where to go, so not sure why you quoted me.

But in answer to your question: maybe, if it's important enough to you, you could phone the airline and see if they have any space on an earlier flight, or see if other airlines have space on a flight the day before?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Love it, few beers in the club, back in time for phone up pizza and kick off with all Saturday morning to sleep it off, thank you Mr Murdoch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I feel sorry for the viewers. Itll be a dire game. By that point we will be mid table and Yeovil will probably be down by that point. Stupid sky.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
That is why I have not renewed. The club has been playing on insecurities for the last 3 seasons, thankfully Oscar has swept most of these away, I can now expect to buy tickets on a game by game basis in the Championship next year, probably........and avoid the mare of evening games at the Amex.

I've done the same, evening games are hard to get to, I love a Saturday game.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Fanbloodytastic - what about those of us who have already organised our end of term post match extraviganza in Shoreham?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love a Friday night game and was gutted we didn't have one this season so - YES!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
God help us if we ever get promoted as our matches will be all over the place. Judging by this thread this place will go into meltdown

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Will have to miss this one due to work commitments (thanks Sky) - god knows how many games I would miss if we were in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here