Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whatever they're allegedly doing in secret they have very publicly stated one of their first aims, before anything else, is to secure the rights of EU citizens. If they were secretly trying to block this it would be incredibly easy for May to smoke them out on this....all she need do is make a phone call to Brussels and start negotiations. Or take the lead and make a call about EU citizens in the UK herself. Sadly she is now wasting over a month with this election.

Perhaps you are right on the first point. But I don't think she will regard this month as a waste. I believe that as Corbyn is only appealing to a minority of British voters, she will return a large majority. British politics is in a parlous state, and I for one, am not looking forward to a huge Tory majority.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I can't be arsed to play your daft game. I actually looked back at yesterday's posts and you were actually involved in them. Weird. Others had a reasonable discussion about this very point yesterday, and it seems it's starting again today. If you want to contribute to this then fine. But no need to play this odd game or resort to cliched name calling. I'm out.

I have followed the conversation, when you claim the EU are ready to sort out citizenship, like you are claiming with no other attachments involved then you are lying.
They have other attachments.
They are using citizens as bargaining chips......we are not.
I would bow out as well if i were you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps you are right on the first point. But I don't think she will regard this month as a waste. I believe that as Corbyn is only appealing to a minority of British voters, she will return a large majority. British politics is in a parlous state, and I for one, am not looking forward to a huge Tory majority.

Agree on the last part.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The Daily Telegraph reports this today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...retly-plotting-block-theresa-may-eu-migrants/

Other papers, for instance the Guardian, report from the other 'side' in almost an opposite manner where the UK is the bad boy not allowing the EU their way.

Who to believe? I don't trust the EU one little bit, but then I don't trust the Tories either. They are all rubbish.
You do realise that Brexit isn't a specific Conservative voter issue...... as many Labour voters ticked the box too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You do realise that Brexit isn't a specific Conservative voter issue...... as many Labour voters ticked the box too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Of course. I didn't vote to leave the EU on party political lines. I am not keen on any party nor do i have confidence in any of them. I don't like the idea of the Tories getting in again but i think the Labour party would be equally disastrous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what does NSC think of John McDonnell's speech in in London yesterday, under a communist banner, with supporters chanting 'Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin’?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That doesn't make any sense at all. A Tory majority of one seat could see the ratification of any deal blocked by a single conservative remainer.

It makes sense if you consider the likely outcome of the election ... increased Tory majority ranging from a worst case scenario of 50, best case100 +. There are approximately 60 ish committed Tory Brexiteer MP's (very few committed Remainers). May keeps going on about calling this election to strenghten her hand in the negotiations emphasising the problems from opposition benches and the EU but I would think it's also about nullifying possible rebellions in the Tory party.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So what does NSC think of John McDonnell's speech in in London yesterday, under a communist banner, with supporters chanting 'Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin’?

Combined with the Abbott interview debacle I'm beginning to wonder if they are stress testing the 'you could stick a red rosette on a pig and some people would still vote Labour' theory.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Combined with the Abbott interview debacle
The Abbott interview just shows what an idiot she is and the mess her party is currently in.

McDonnell's rally is a completely different ball game for me. How come it's ok to praise far left leaders who have killed many millions of people?
If a Tory MP had done a rally in front of posters of Hitler, the shit would have hit the fan. And this is actually one example where comparing something to Hitler is accurate, rather than sensationalising. Except Hitler didn't kill as many as the far left leaders.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Abbott interview just shows what an idiot she is and the mess her party is currently in.

McDonnell's rally is a completely different ball game for me. How come it's ok to praise far left leaders who have killed many millions of people?
If a Tory MP had done a rally in front of posters of Hitler, the shit would have hit the fan. And this is actually one example where comparing something to Hitler is accurate, rather than sensationalising. Except Hitler didn't kill as many as the far left leaders.

Just another example of the jaw-dropping hypocrisy of some elements on the left. Communism is cool comrade :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What majority within the EU want this sorted out early, I have not seen anything where the majority of the EU citizens want this, There is however a lot of articles, no doubt you can provide a link.

Stupid post. Have you seen anything anywhere that suggests a majority of EU citizens want all Brits repatriated, or anything that suggests that a majority in the UK wants to kick out all EU nationals? Thought not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course. I didn't vote to leave the EU on party political lines. I am not keen on any party nor do i have confidence in any of them. I don't like the idea of the Tories getting in again but i think the Labour party would be equally disastrous.

Agree. I don't like the idea of the tories getting in again. Never dreamt in my worst nightmares that I'd ever actually have to vote for them, but I don't trust any of the other parties not to try and weasel their way out of Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So No. 10 and Theresa from Eastbourne's super best nodding poodle, Amber from Hastings don't recognise the Frankfurter Allgemeine account of the recent dinner, but what they do recognise is this country needs strong and stable leadership.

That's okay then.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Daily Telegraph reports this today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...retly-plotting-block-theresa-may-eu-migrants/

Other papers, for instance the Guardian, report from the other 'side' in almost an opposite manner where the UK is the bad boy not allowing the EU their way.

Who to believe? I don't trust the EU one little bit, but then I don't trust the Tories either. They are all rubbish.

It was predictable but still disappointing to see leaks and spin from the EU side being gleefully seized on by the usual suspects to bash the Government/Brexit. To think we have at least two more years of this :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christ, this is the most depressing election in living memory. It's literally being contested by idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Then why wont Mrs May enter into a leaders debate and show Jeremy Corbyn and everyone else what a mess the Labour Party is in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here