Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos lose again - Rams keep us down to 7 points. With Chiefs beating the Hawks the AFC West becomes interesting with two teams on 7-3 and probably the Bolts following up at 6-4 after their game against the Raiders.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is going to sound somewhat odd, but I'm not convinced by my Packers.

They would appear to be too good, too soon.
I did think the Lionesses would actually run them close, but their standard capitulation might have already started.

I seem to remember a recent season when GB and Rodgers were playing unstoppable football, and then got unceremoniously dumped out of the play offs by the wild card winner.

The whole team looked so good last night, it's hard to think they can hold that through to February, esp as the Gaytriots (at home) is the only obvious test between now and the play-offs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Skins are DONE, and maybe RGIII too. Who knows where to start with that game the defence was terrible again, the o-line was terrible again, RGIII had what looked like his worst game ever, and kai couldn't kick a field goal. I am keeping my head down this week.

DC will be in meltdown and there is every chance Griffin is pronounced a bust. He could be great but I am struggling to see how you can build a franchise around him when he looks so fragile both physically and mentally, he is too unreliable.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Adrian Teague, I've no idea where the scholarship was for.* He's coaching over in Denmark for the Triangle Razorbacks now, still plays DE for the senior team.

Edit.* Hamden Hall County Day School in Connecticut, 1988.

I know Adrian - used to play on the B52s Jnr team for a while with him, & still friends on FB :eek:)
I saw his "HC" photo yesterday ... thought he looked like a younger, smaller version of Andy Reid! ;o)
Seems to be doing well out there though & good to see him still flattening players on the field too. I can sympathise with anyone who gets in the way of him - still remember the big hits when he was 16!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I really want us to trade Cutler, I feel the Bears win this week was merely papering over some very dangerous cracks. Schefter even tweeted we could save money on trading him at the end of the season, and teams are interested. Titans? Bills? Jets? Rams?

Either way, trade for some picks and go shopping this summer and build around a new QB.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know Adrian - used to play on the B52s Jnr team for a while with him, & still friends on FB :eek:)
I saw his "HC" photo yesterday ... thought he looked like a younger, smaller version of Andy Reid! ;o)
Seems to be doing well out there though & good to see him still flattening players on the field too. I can sympathise with anyone who gets in the way of him - still remember the big hits when he was 16!
Tbh I've not seen him for a very long time, but from his Razorbacks clips and pics he hasn't changed much, still a big unit, he's the biggest of the bunch at 6'5, our Dad is 6'4 and I'm 6'3 and then there's the runt who's only 6ft :lol:
Did you see his Pick 6 clip? Looked like he was running in treacle with concrete boots but he gets it home, fair play at 42.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Tbh I've not seen him for a very long time, but from his Razorbacks clips and pics he hasn't changed much, still a big unit, he's the biggest of the bunch at 6'5, our Dad is 6'4 and I'm 6'3 and then there's the runt who's only 6ft :lol:
Did you see his Pick 6 clip? Looked like he was running in treacle with concrete boots but he gets it home, fair play at 42.

I did see that - I think everyone else was too scared to tackle him! Glad to see he's still enjoying his football & mixing it up with the younger lads though... wish I was still, but no chance of a comeback at 40!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So, Cardinals anyone? Really quite happy that the Seahawks managed to lose yesterday, still can't see us winning the division but it should be pretty close...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So, Cardinals anyone? Really quite happy that the Seahawks managed to lose yesterday, still can't see us winning the division but it should be pretty close...

I watched the Cards/ Lions game as soon as it became clear that the Packers game was going to be a blow out.

This Cards side are capable of going a long way.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is going to sound somewhat odd, but I'm not convinced by my Packers.

They would appear to be too good, too soon.

I know what you mean, as do Broncos fans I'd imagine. It's very difficult to maintain the sort of level the Packers are showing now, or the Broncos were a month ago.

BUT having said that, the Packers do appear to have every facet of the game covered at the moment. There is probably no team I would rather be (other than perhaps the Pats) right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here