Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A Charlton contact has just said to me..." steer well clear "

He sounds shit and cheap. When is he signing?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6157974 said:
Sounds like complete desperation this one :shrug:

This whole window practically has been. Really disappointed with the players we have been linked with so far

Who's scouting this rubbish?

Don't give a sh** what the blinkered on this board think but I really would have hoped for better than this.

This is what a Charlton season ticket holder friend said of him.
A decent Championship player, no more than that. Definitely not Premiership which is why they were surprised when A.Villa were sniffing around.
Cant see how he fits into you squad as your guys (BHA) have small technical players. (I explained that has been changing. He said he is a tall CM who wins the ball) (sounded a bit like our Ince).
I asked him to value him... he said never more the 1.5 million (which I thought was a lot).
Asked whether he was one of there best players he said ..... he is alright/good but not best.

It could prove to be a very good deal at that price.

Second name on the team sheet.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford

Totally vital! It's funny because he did play last season like my friend said "decent championship no more than that". I think Kayal partnership has really helped him. Totally awesome pairing wouldn't sell him for anything at one stage mom game after game.

Great pleasure telling my mate he is f***ing brilliant. :) I take it Kayal is first?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a fair cop and totally right about being second on the team sheet. Probably best player on the pitch today and looks a Premier league player to me, along with Kayal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was amazed at many on the 'Stephens to Derby' thread saying 'take £3million' etc. I voiced the opinion at the time that they clearly didn't understand partnerships in football and that was correct :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was amazed at many on the 'Stephens to Derby' thread saying 'take £3million' etc. I voiced the opinion at the time that they clearly didn't understand partnerships in football and that was correct :thumbsup:
My take on that was 'who are you going to replace him with for 'only' £3m?'.

Admittedly I was coming at that from a just how ludicrous is football finance stance, but the point still stands.
£3m was taking the pi$$ for our second best central midfielder, and yet plenty wanted the cash.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bladders

Thought I was in the Kemy thread when I posted that .........................true story

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's funny because he did play last season like my friend said "decent championship no more than that". I think Kayal partnership has really helped him.
He was injured, and also playing in a whole team that wasn't working well. Obviously he's formed a good partnership with Kayal, but even without Kayal I'm sure he'd still be decent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bladders

Thought I was in the Kemy thread when I posted that .........................true story
:lolol:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
He was injured, and also playing in a whole team that wasn't working well. Obviously he's formed a good partnership with Kayal, but even without Kayal I'm sure he'd still be decent.

Yes there are other factors.

Hughton and coaching staff seem to have got much more out of the same players.
Feel good factor right from the start of the season as opposed to last year. Dunk Zamora.

Who knows exactly why he is brilliant and improving. Long may it continue all the way into the premiership, champions league and club World Cup.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm a big fan of Stephens, but now we have strength in depth, Chris should give him a much needed break. He played today like he needs a week in the Sun to recharge his batteries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here