Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Assistants come and go, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

I don't buy this loyalty thing though, clubs get shot of staff at the drop of a hat, staff move on when a 'better' offer comes along, the big wheel keeps on turning....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not reading 250 posts to see if this has been asked. If this were to happen in Football Manager, we would get compensation from Villa. Given how accurate they make the game, is that how it works in real life? Is it CC buying himself out of his contract? Transfer fees for players I get but staff?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Slightly off topic but is always baffles me the commutes that people in football are prepared to make. A 258 mile, four hour round trip (without traffic) 5-6 times a week.

You could hardly blame him if he wants to work closer to home - that would kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that - and it also baffles me why employers let their staff live so far away. Bound to end in tears at some point, not sustainable long-term.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
On reflection think this could be an error by Calderwood. Short term more money and closer to home but Hughton will manage again in the Premiership with or without us, will he offer an assistant manager position to CC after this? Doubt it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I agree with that - and it also baffles me why employers let their staff live so far away. Bound to end in tears at some point, not sustainable long-term.
He has a rental locally I am informed,..somewhere near Singing Hills Golf Course.... that's what I heard anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Guy Butters played for us since 2002, now works for Albion in the Community, so 14 years of service, commuting from Southampton every day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"All three parties agreed". What the hell would this have to do with Villa? None of their business. I hope he's on 3 months notice and we hold him to it.
Bruce can feck off. Can't stand the Fergie wannabe and I hope we smash them even more so tonight now 😡

His notice is definitely months.

[tweet]799373116107472896[/tweet]

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
He has a rental locally I am informed,..somewhere near Singing Hills Golf Course.... that's what I heard anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn't type it but I meant that sort of arrangement is normally not sustainable either - family in one place, Dad in another - for 5 days a week or whatever.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm not that fussed. He's replaceable.

He would have had a rough idea that the commute would be quite punishing, so he knew what he was letting himself in for. That said, I think he should have seen the season out.

Colin just ain't a cool name anyway.

Colin-Fast-Show-300x180.jpg

el punal

Think we can all say that he's well and truly burnt his bridges with this club... anyhow he's Southgates right hand man at mo, so little chance that shyster would be interested.

I suppose we could give him a day return rail ticket, that will give him time to sign a contract, think about it, make a phone call to his agent, and then resign within a space of an hour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure how this works then. Do Villa have to cough up whatever compensation we demand in order to "buy out" CC from his 3 months gardening leave ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not sure how this works then. Do Villa have to cough up whatever compensation we demand in order to "buy out" CC from his 3 months gardening leave ?

I'd imagine so. Tony Bloom won't fold on this hand

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
CC is a very good defensive coach - as shown by our record this season.
Chris knows a thing or two about defending too. And we have good defenders.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hands up who wants to work with the nicest man in football Chris Hughton for Brighton in their premiership level training facilities and stadium as they chase promotion?
Anyone?

Quite right.

It's very easy to say "It's not a problem, it's an opportunity", but one has to see it as a way of getting somebody better or working towards a more effective coaching set-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here