Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm not sure how this works then. Do Villa have to cough up whatever compensation we demand in order to "buy out" CC from his 3 months gardening leave ?

Yep, exactly that. In a normal senior employee contract there is no "buy-out" clause. So, CC is under contract to BHAFC until the end of his notice period, unless the club say "OK, we'll waive the rest of your notice period". There is absolutely no incentive for the club to do that unless someone says "here's a wad of cash - pls waive the rest of the notice period". If Villa think that CC is essential to their plans, and their plans include promotion this season, then the passing of time without him on board is incredibly valuable to them. Gotta be worth at least £1m per month waived in those circumstances to a club with that amount of money, Shirley?

It's a straight up bluff and double bluff game...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And then watch a formation of pigs fly over.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You obviously do not feel that we are one of the two best sides in the Championship or that we are going to replicate or better last season. Or that any of our talented younger players are improving or that all our senior players are hell bent on reaching the PL. Or that we are in some of the best hands at this level and we might even strengthen more in January. Or that we have two of our better players to come back and that the law of averages dictate we will suffer nowhere near the ridiculous level of injuries last season, which stopped us going up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, exactly that. In a normal senior employee contract there is no "buy-out" clause. So, CC is under contract to BHAFC until the end of his notice period, unless the club say "OK, we'll waive the rest of your notice period". There is absolutely no incentive for the club to do that unless someone says "here's a wad of cash - pls waive the rest of the notice period". If Villa think that CC is essential to their plans, and their plans include promotion this season, then the passing of time without him on board is incredibly valuable to them. Gotta be worth at least £1m per month waived in those circumstances to a club with that amount of money, Shirley?

f83e13fc005394433a6a76a793f11042.jpg

You obviously do not feel that we are one of the two best sides in the Championship or that we are going to replicate or better last season. Or that any of our talented younger players are improving or that all our senior players are hell bent on reaching the PL. Or that we are in some of the best hands at this level and we might even strengthen more in January. Or that we have two of our better players to come back and that the law of averages dictate we will suffer nowhere near the ridiculous level of injuries last season, which stopped us going up.

That's right.
Here's my prediction,our usual festive ****,followed by a bit of a rally in the spring,pipped into the play off places again and taken apart by Leeds in the semis.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

See, I believe all of that :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the guy who took training and handed the bibs out has left big ****ing deal. :lolol:
Not far wrong, some of the snowflakes, on here, need a reality check.

'Backroom staffer in poorly timed move to a bigger club' is hardly new in the world of football.

Bearing in mind this has been ongoing for weeks, and was finally leaked via Villa, it's not exactly earth shattering.

For all we know, CC might have already made kissy faces at Birmingham, West Brom and Wolves, before his opportunity arrived when Villa appointed his old sparing partner Bruce..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's right.
Here's my prediction,our usual festive ****,followed by a bit of a rally in the spring,pipped into the play off places again and taken apart by Leeds in the semis.

The sad thing is, you'd actually LOVE that to happen wouldn't you. Just so you can come on here in May and gloat that "you knew it all along".

No doubt you're getting a semi now, just thinking about it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So the guy who took training and handed the bibs out has left big ****ing deal. :lolol:

I agree in so much if we were playing say, Leeds tonight then would hardly have got a mention.

The irony/coincidence or call it whatever has compounded it out of its true place in reality, but the fear of any assistance possibly or possibly not passed on and/or any disruptive effect just adds fuel to the fire.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's right.

Must be a laugh a minute in your house at Christmas.

Do you hope that film stars die, so that you get to see a rerun of their films?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Don't bite! He's a WUM.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i know loads of villa lads and one of them has an uncle that is involved quite heavily in the club.....he told me yesterday that villa are monitoring the stephens situation closely and that they are also going to try to " poach" kayal.......seems like they view us as a top championship unit and they want all our stuff....the twatts...!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... not impressed by CC in this scenario... where is his loyalty to a man who has, basically, provided him with his ongoing football career? Let alone his loyalty to our club.

I'm not surprised by Villa's underhand tactics... they have history of poaching our assets and their timing is, to say the least, naughty... I hope we win well tonight...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
i know loads of villa lads and one of them has an uncle that is involved quite heavily in the club.....he told me yesterday that villa are monitoring the stephens situation closely and that they are also going to try to " poach" kayal.......seems like they view us as a top championship unit and they want all our stuff....the twatts...!!

No ****ing chance... they can **** off...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be staggered if CH and the Club did not know of CC desire to move back to the midlands to be nearer home.

This is a guy that has worked for/with CH for many many years, they clearly have an excellent relationship.

The only dissapointng part is someone has decided to leak the news on the eve of the game between the 2 sides.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Colin Calderwood was doing a job. He seems a thoroughly decent bloke but he's doing a job and will have limited loyalty to the Albion.

If anyone had to drive up and down from Northampton a lot, it would surely wear them down sooner rather than later. If he didn't want to, or couldn't, move down (family, kids settled in school or whatever) then a job that requires less time behind the wheel is surely going to be attractive.

Any "we've got a better chance of going up than Villa" bollocks is just that: bollocks. Despite their current position, they are a big club, considerably more so than the Albion and I don't doubt they can offer Calderwood a hefty pay rise to make the move too.

People move in football for a variety of reasons. We shouldn't forget, for example, that when we plucked young up-and-coming coach Nathan Jones from Charlton he said: "The offer from Brighton was too good to turn down." I suspect Colin Calderwood has received the same.

Is he good at his job? How big a part has he been in our success? I genuinely have no idea. Regardless, with everything going so well, I'm disappointed that our tight-knit team is having this change enforced upon them. I'd much rather things stayed as they were.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Any "we've got a better chance of going up than Villa" bollocks is just that: bollocks.

I'd definitely agree that Villa are a bigger club than the Albion, and probably have a better chance of going up than us over the long term. But, looking at this season, they have to get 0.433 points per game over 30 games more than us simply to catch up with us. Impossible? No, of course not, but I do subscribe to the theory that we have a better chance of going up than Villa this season.

However, ask me again at 10:30 tonight...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd definitely agree that Villa are a bigger club than the Albion, and probably have a better chance of going up than us over the long term. But, looking at this season, they have to get 0.433 points per game over 30 games more than us simply to catch up with us. Impossible? No, of course not, but I do subscribe to the theory that we have a better chance of going up than Villa this season.

However, ask me again at 10:30 tonight...
We need to keep going at 2 points a game, and Villa will not catch us.

In other words, we need to 'worry' about us, not them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here