Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbelievable Job - Very Big Club with Massive fanbase

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Big clubs are clubs that won things.....lots of times....or really good things.
Liverpool
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Leeds
Nottingham Forest
Aston Villa
Manchester City
Spurs

Not Brighton.

I love my club,but it isn't a big one.

Feb 14, 2010

No they are not. Wigan have won something and Blackpool & Preston North End have won lots of things. Big club is the size of the support, not the trophy. Its rare to have a club with a big support without having had trophies. That's why Brighton are a very big club, because just imagine if they ever did have some success.

Yup, great!

One day our academy might produce someone worth more than a packet of crisps. Excellent.

Nothing changes the fact that our last three managers have NOT WANTED TO BE HERE.

Incidentally, how many academies produce decent players on a regular basis? Getting good players comes from being successful. Being successful is largely down to having good managers. Managers who want to stay around.

Nice short-termism there then!

You said he utterly failed in his role, I was merely pointing out that he hasn't.

And what proof is there that Burke is the reason managers don't want to be here? He is an employee of Tony Bloom with Barber being his boss and therefore works to Bloom and Barber. If you want to point the blame as to who is the reason why managers don't want to be at the club I suggest you look higher than Burke.

el punal

We could all tow the company line. Assume nothing wrong. But hey, things are starting to stink.
Poyet left, and got slated for it, but it seems vindicated. Oscar left for no apparent reason. Now, despite appearing to have the full backing of the board Hyppia has gone. You think he just left because he got a few boos and we'd not won many games? Or do you think, actually, it just wasn't worth the fight?
When three managers, in one year, leave because they don't have the fight, questions need to be asked. And questions will be asked. By people like Pulis, who would coast us to safety, but who has just left a job because of conflict with the board. If people honestly think the likes of Sherwood are a reassuring sign this is an appealing job they're utterly mental.

So I'm assuming that you regard Pulis as one of the better managers. Anyone else?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Nice short-termism there then!

You said he utterly failed in his role, I was merely pointing out that he hasn't.

And what proof is there that Burke is the reason managers don't want to be here? He is an employee of Tony Bloom and Barber is his boss and therefore works to Bloom and Barber. If you want to point the blame as to who is the reason why managers don't want to be at the club I suggest you look higher than Burke.

What proof is there i've said he is the main reason managers have left? What i've said is, he has signed shit. He has.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Liverpool
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Leeds
Nottingham Forest
Aston Villa
Manchester City
Spurs

Not Brighton.

I love my club,but it isn't a big one.
Winning cups is an achievement and does not make you a big club...big crowds and a big fanbase makes a big club.
Newcastle and sunderland are big clubs aswell as others.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So I'm assuming that you regard Pulis as one of the better managers. Anyone else?

I'm not getting into a game of picking names for you to critique. All i'm saying is, we're not as appealing now as we were before three managers rather publicly walked out on us.

What proof is there i've said he is the main reason managers have left? What i've said is, he has signed shit. He has.

My original post in this thread was in reply to your statement that Burke had utterly failed in his role. When I pointed out this was not the case you replied in your post about academies: Nothing changes the fact that our last three managers have NOT WANTED TO BE HERE. As we were talking about Burke in the previous post I assumed that you meant Burke was the reason for this.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010

No they are not. Wigan have won something and Blackpool & Preston North End have won lots of things. Big club is the size of the support, not the trophy. Its rare to have a club with a big support without having had trophies. That's why Brighton are a very big club, because just imagine if they ever did have some success.

Imagine there's no countries.It isn't hard to do.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm not getting into a game of picking names for you to critique. All i'm saying is, we're not as appealing now as we were before three managers rather publicly walked out on us.

3 managers
One was sacked for gross misconduct, hardly walking out.
One resigned for various reasons, who then did the same to his next club and then left the one after for health reasons.
The third resigned and as yet we do not know the full reason. But he left us in the bottom 3 only winning 3 league games. A lot of the other clubs around us or above us had already sacked their managers. I think what this tells any potential manager is that he will have the backing of the board and plenty of time, which is a rarity these days.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
A great job if you can put up with SERIOUS meddling behind the scenes and no control whatsoever over player recruitment.

We've had three managers resign in just over a year. THREE. The better managers are going to look at that very suspiciously.

1. Was fired for whatever reason, but ultimately would have left to pursue a higher job in the Premier League so shouldnt reflect badly on BHA
2. Ultimately left 2 other jobs within the space of a few months so shouldnt reflect badly on BHA (Nor on him, given the reasons for leaving both)
3. Ultimately left for the sake of the club as he had won 1 game in the last 18 and only 3 in the league all season

Three very different reasons for leaving, not one has come out in the press and said that Bloom/Barber/Burke were difficult to work with (and nothing would stop them from doing so)

The problem isnt that we have had 3 managers leave... yes, there are issues with recruitment, although Hyypia did have some control over those himself (and Oscar didnt want to) - Apart from that the CEO/Owner are trying to financially stabilise the club while still making them competitive. Previously with Gus maybe they went too far on the competitive side, now theyve gone a little too far on the conservative side - so hopefully they'll go for the middle ground this Jan/next summer and all will be well again!

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Who was sacked for "Gross misconduct" and what was that "Gross misconduct"?
I never saw that reported anywhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
3 managers
One was sacked for gross misconduct, hardly walking out.
One resigned for various reasons, who then did the same to his next club and then left the one after for health reasons.
The third resigned and as yet we do not know the full reason. But he left us in the bottom 3 only winning 3 league games. A lot of the other clubs around us or above us had already sacked their managers. I think what this tells any potential manager is that he will have the backing of the board and plenty of time, which is a rarity these days.
Gus was sacked but only after Tony refused to accept his resignation three months earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here