Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex or Goldstone?

Jan 30, 2008
bottom line is, don't matter if we've got a nice stadium crowds will be similar to Goldstone turn outs depending on team performance/ league position ,we've snared a few glory hunters along the way to boost the figures GREAT, looks great on paper, BETTER SUPPORT no way !
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ha ha here we go , how many WOULD give it a swerve because it's not a BIG game . another pretend attendance looms:facepalm:
regards
DR
Oh well, dry your fckin' eyes love. :facepalm:

Wasn't there a cardiff game where around 25% of the s/t holders went missing???
Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION].

1983 averages were after 3 seasons of poor performances and results! So the extra fantastic plastics are all going to turn up for hull city:blush:
Your argument is all over the place. Even if that was true (which it clearly isn't), so what? We once got 9,800 for a top flight game against Notts County. Why not mention that?

But ok, let's have it your way - 14,000 averages at the Goldstone is miles better than what we'd get after 3 years of poor performance nowadays and you'd rather believe that we would almost certainly have smaller Premier league gates than Wigan who in 8 seasons of averageness only once averaged lower than 18,000.

Wigan's last 4 Premier league positions and average gates:
18 19.359
15 18.634
16 16.812
16 18.006

Jan 30, 2008
oh well, dry your fckin' eyes love. :facepalm:

Calling [mention=34942]dr. No[/mention].

Your argument is all over the place. Even if that was true (which it clearly isn't), so what? We once got 9,800 for a top flight game against notts county. Why not mention that?

But ok, let's have it your way - 14,000 averages at the goldstone is miles better than what we'd get after 3 years of poor performance nowadays and you'd rather believe that we would almost certainly have smaller premier league gates than wigan who in 8 seasons of averageness only once averaged lower than 18,000.

Wigan's last 4 premier league positions and average gates:
18 19.359
15 18.634
16 16.812
16 18.006

any need to swear ???
regards
DR

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its a great shame that the Amex would not fit in the space available at the Goldstone, going out of town to attend matches plus the time involved does clash with other family interests resulting in rationing the number of attendances at matches

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
bottom line is, don't matter if we've got a nice stadium crowds will be similar to Goldstone turn outs depending on team performance/ league position ,we've snared a few glory hunters along the way to boost the figures GREAT, looks great on paper, BETTER SUPPORT no way !
regards
DR

Should we be promoted the cost of seats plus the very defensive football we would have to play is bound to affect attendances after the first season,should we survive,take note of the empty seats in stadiums
in the lower part of the Premiership

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
regards
DR

Err we had glory hunters at the Goldstone, I'm thinking that you were probably one of them. Only here for the ruck? :wink:

Bet you weren't there pre Clough....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sure I read a story last season about the club helping out in such cases, might be worth an advance email to the club before we know what division we are In.

Cheers, I will follow that one up.
I will be going to games whatever league we are in as I am there, but stats say we will be in the Premiership, (fingers and toes crossed).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just wondering about the carnage and misery that got us to Falmer and our spanking new state of the art stadium, The Amex. Great days indeed for the Albion. Given the choice though, would anyone prefer to have kept and upgraded the old Goldstone? To me its a complete no brainer - Goldstone 100% but that is because I grew up bouncing around the NS and it's in my blood. What say you lot? Poll anyone?

No. Never. I loved my 27 years at the Goldstone, but the Amex is to Shoreham Road what Fanny Ardant is to Pam St. Clement.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I would have the Goldstone back, but only if we could have it back when it was at its 38k capacity best. Biggest crowd I ever saw there was 27k and the whole ground was absolutely rocking.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Goldstone for me. Football is a social thing in my eyes. I miss the terraces and the area around the Stadium was much better than Falmer. Oh and Hove is a proper station.

Jan 30, 2008
Goldstone for me. Football is a social thing in my eyes. I miss the terraces and the area around the Stadium was much better than Falmer. Oh and Hove is a proper station.
the Amex is a clinical experience, staged managed from arrival to exit ,
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

Goldstone by a country mile.:love:

Everything was great about it.....oh apart from when the fencing went up and when those naughty boys pulled the goal post down.:ohmy:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
For atmosphere, excitement and incident The Goldstone has to win. For purpose, excitement and pies it's The Amex. For curry sauce on chips, getting pissed on and having the piss taken out of you its Withdean. For bugger all its Pxxxxxxxxxd

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
goldstone for me but i do love the amex football has changed so much just have to move with the times or get left behind.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I hate the commute to The Amex, its major minus even though the club have made the effort to make it as easy as possible. It was nice being able to walk from your house to the stadium or drive and park near by the stadium. Im also bias as I love the old stadia!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll always treasure my memories of the Goldstone, especially the 70's, but it was well past its sell by date.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Amex is a swine to get to/away from. Stick it on the old Goldstone and would be the greatest stadium ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here