Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General sale for arsenal

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There are about 350 non-season tickets in each of W1I and W1A. These 700 tickets are normally the last to be sold in the stadium (not great views and relatively expensive to other places with better views). For the Arsenal game, when there were still hundreds of better seats available around the stadium these blocks were all but "sold out". The only possible explanation for this is that the club held them back and the only reason they'd do that is for non-regulation fans i.e. sponsors etc.

For a league game these WSL blocks are sold in the normal way (currently 300+ available in each for Ipswich tomorrow night) but something similar happens with tickets held back on a smaller scale in the southern end of the ESL and sometimes in the South Stand.

I know because I pay attention on NSC and (sadly) spend time looking at ticket sales in the lead up to games. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

You are anxious about 700 tickets used by the club for sponsors / charities / Albion in the Community etc... rather than the 29,800 which have been sold to season ticket holders and regular fans?

Really ??

This.. :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As there were only a few hundred available today, which presumably all went to STH buying one or two extra, virtually every seat has gone to either a STH or someone with a previous purchase history hasn't it ?

Think the club have managed this very well personally. Sold out to mostly previous attenders, reasonable prices relative to the opposition, fair discount for kids. Just need to await the inevitable multiple threads on Sunday about pisspoor catering, dead atmosphere, lack of songs, rail queues, car park drama, the ref, linos, Gully, Stockdale's distribution, JFC being crap and so on.........

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A few more have just been made available online.

12 tickets in total. E3E (1) Family Stand (9) and on the Shelf (3)... and there are still people QUEUEing to get on to the ticket website.

There are about 350 non-season tickets in each of W1I and W1A. These 700 tickets are normally the last to be sold in the stadium (not great views and relatively expensive to other places with better views). For the Arsenal game, when there were still hundreds of better seats available around the stadium these blocks were all but "sold out". The only possible explanation for this is that the club held them back and the only reason they'd do that is for non-regulation fans i.e. sponsors etc.

For a league game these WSL blocks are sold in the normal way (currently 300+ available in each for Ipswich tomorrow night) but something similar happens with tickets held back on a smaller scale in the southern end of the ESL and sometimes in the South Stand.

I know because I pay attention on NSC and (sadly) spend time looking at ticket sales in the lead up to games. :thumbsup:

Or it could be those STH's that were located in the East stand that is part of Arsenals 15% have moved there?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A few more have just been made available online.

12 tickets in total. E3E (1) Family Stand (9) and on the Shelf (3)... and there are still people QUEUEing to get on to the ticket website.

And back to 'This event is Sold Out' - they are obviously doing everything they can to make tickets available to meet the demand. Good job Mr Barber!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
77 seats available ... good game this!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
77 seats available ... good game this!

22 in front row of Family Stand, 25 in E3H and 24 at the front of W1H and W1I... they look they would normally be held back for disabled supporters perhaps, but now released for general sale.

Squeezing them in!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"Day-tripper" is football parlance for an uncommitted fan who you are unlikely to see again anytime soon. If you looked a bit more carefully instead of jumping to conclusions you would notice I acknowledged the modern day realities of football finance.

In my extremely humble opinion, "Tony" and his minions would have been better off setting the price of tickets at a level where they were gleefully snapped up by Albion fans i.e. STHs and other people with purchase history at The Amex. The fact that so many have gone to sponsors, and so many more have gone to people without purchase history at The Amex, does not delight me. Sorry.

After nearly a day and a half at my desk without pressing work I now have some to do, so you will be spared further wisdom for a while.

Day tripper is not a modern phenomenon though, they were around when the Beatles sang it about them and before. There were dozens of times when Goldstone attendances were greatly inflated by supporters at "big" games. Just a fact of life - Same as it ever was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here