Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most pissed you have ever been at a Brighton match

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Swindon 88/89 season was in an unconscious stupor by the time I got to Brighton from Littlehampton, was dragged onto the train, woke up sometime along the journey and back onto it, cant remember the game although I think we lost 3-0.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
For me it was away vs Hull in 2000. It was a Friday night game due to the England vs Germany game on the Saturday. I travelled up by train on Friday morning and booked in to a B & B about 1ish. Was in a pub 30 minutes later and proceeded to have a drink or two in every pub between where I was staying and the ground ending up in the Honest Lawyer. At the game I was so pissed I could not even make out our players. After the game went back to the Honest Lawyer and was invited to a lock-in by the landlord. Left the pub at about 2 am and had to be up for my train which left at about 8.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Match at the Goldstone versus West Brom when we were in Division 1. Can't remember which year it was (probably winter eRly 1980) It was a 0-0 bore draw. I took a German visitor and we drank a lot of beer before the game. Had to prop myself against the railings and don't remember much of the game! Guy close to us was even more pissed and dropped his trousers at the end in protest at the boring game

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Omg...don't know where to begin. ..there's been so many. ..but I would think Southampton away a few years back has to be up there. ..although ive been so pissed that ive fallen asleep on the train to seaford and ended up back in Brighton..more than once..!!!!!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I've got to say I have never been pissed at a game as I've nearly always had to drive.
Went to Highbury on the train for the 1983 semi,but didn't have a drink until I got home to my local pub............then got well pissed and had a row with my then girlfriend.Completely my fault.
Pretty pissed after the cup-final too.

jonny61

May 30, 2011
Dorking Surrey
Shrewsbury late eighties so drunk had double vision at the match . Went up with load from Worthing on coach bit of stand off with English border firm . Stopped at Watford on way back and all kicked off aswell. Short Nigel from Worthing with us.

Probably the first league game at the Amex - all of our group were well lubricated for that. I think we'd had at least 6/7 pints before kick off and more at half-time and full-time then went into Brighton and carried on drinking all night.

According to at least one of folks who sit near us in WSU, [MENTION=12881]meanmachine25[/MENTION] and I were "the two most drunk people he'd ever seen at a match" earlier this season vs Derby... a heady cocktail of August sunshine and first home game of the season excitement meant we were quite enthusiastically drinking in The Craft Beer Co in Brighton pre-match. On reflection starting off at 12pm with pints of Omnipollo Nathalius Double IPA at 8% and £11 (ELEVEN POUNDS) a pint was never going to end well, but on the plus side it dulled the pain of losing 1-2 and a pretty forgettable game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably the first NSC sponsored game I went to at Withdean. Forget when it was, or indeed who I was, but Lush organised it and it was I think the last one the legendary loveable rogue Canarian Seagull went to. I believe Lance still owes Lush his dinner money. With hospitality drink taken, I more or less crawled back from Withdean on my hands and knees and still have a deep gouge in my front door where I tried and failed to get my key in the lock. Happy daze!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Sadly too many times to detail.

Probably the worst, & I get reminded of it now & again was Fulham away years back. Numerous pints followed by the best part of half a bottle of scotch, bumped into the juggler at Covent Garden who dropped his balls. Somehow mates got me in the ground, felt not to chipper so left at some stage for a walk, & woke up on a bench at Parsons Green underground around 6.30 pm. Not proud of myself!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Brentford at Griffin Park as recently as 2011

Totally spannered after a drinking game involving the pubs at the four corners of the ground.

Got refused entry to the ground so went back to the pub...lovely summers day...more drink until another assault on the ground via a different gate...home supporters only...success! Puked, thrown out again..pub..half time..again staggered up to the deliveries door, rasta bloke in there smuggled me in...got into round via offices...into away end...said hello to OGH who was sitting in with our lot...fell down steps fell asleep missed second half. 0-0 I didn't miss much.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Shrewsbury late eighties so drunk had double vision at the match . Went up with load from Worthing on coach bit of stand off with English border firm . Stopped at Watford on way back and all kicked off aswell. Short Nigel from Worthing with us.

Haha I was on that coach to Shrewsbury and also the coach to Plymouth about the same time. Both cracking days out

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
By tangoed, you mean 'jumped on me'...

I didn't mention Le Harve the 1st season 0830 Ferry Friday Morning drink more drink sh1tting seagulls a mullett ,teargas a fake South American band a G string and a lost passenger followed by a Gas leak on the ferry which we only just made on the Sunday.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Watford away in the cup in 84. Collapsed unconscious in the ground before the teams came out, covered in a Union Jack and then roused after the teams had left the field. Don't remember how I got back to Euston and then Victoria.

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
One game at the Withdean.

Can`t really remember who we played or which season it was but had done a nightshift and only had 2-3 hours sleep before getting the train with 8 cans of something of which i finished on the 1 1/2 hour trip.
Went in to a pub outside Brighton train station and remember drinking with some away fans.Got to the game and within 15 mins fell a sleep through over an hour of the game.
Then when i finally got to me feet falling arse over tit down the stairs.
Worse thing was that i was with my 2 sons who were only 12 and 14 at the time oopps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here