Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club are to be commended for doing it right this time. When Ulloa left we had no replacement for a season, this time we have two replacements signed before selling for a considerable sum. Cannot see Dunk being an Albion player by the end of the window.

Good inside info from the op [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] btw

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
just because naylor says it, its suddenly a fact??

there is no source in that article at all.

he may well have refused to play, but not quite sure why naylor's word is suddenly gospel on here, when he has got everything else spectacularly wrong so far

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Chasing the £..... we shouldn't be surprised, I would struggle if I was only on 6 grand a week.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] provides some useful information, even things he gets underserved flack for have an element of fact involved (see Fulham away).

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Finding Dunks attitude very disappointing, ok, maybe you might find it excusable if it was a Manchester club, Arsenal or Chelsea looking to sign him, but Fulham! FFS !

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Even the Argus wouldn't be this stupid, it's been leaked to them to either stop the questioning, or to brace us for the sale. I think he'll be off the next day or so.
OK [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] this is as good as evidence. You can have your thread.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

he may well have refused to play, but not quite sure why naylor's word is suddenly gospel on here, when he has got everything else spectacularly wrong so far
Seems unlikely that he'd have made it up though doesn't it?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Journalists don't have to quote a source to make a story credible.

I can't see Naylor making such a specific claim without the confidence of knowing it was correct. If he were wrong he would have the club, Dunk and all and sundry issuing statements saying he was incorrect. His credibility (such that it is you might say) down the pan and an embarrassment for the Argus

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I imagine there is an official list somewhere of league players that are fined 2 weeks wages, and Naylor has looked at this ( or done a FOI request ).

No doubt in this story, but we shouldn't forget this happened 2 weeks ago, and the situation has probably moved on and it seems we are attempting to get Dunk on a better contract.

I trust the club to do the best and most pragmatic thing here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most interesting bit of that article is that (if true) we really are trying to keep him! Offered an improved deal - I think the Argus had said that before too. Very suprised as we'd have 4 good centre halves...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Disappointed Dunk is apparently "doing a Bridcutt" especially for a glamour move to err...... Fulham FFS

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Disappointed Dunk is apparently "doing a Bridcutt" especially for a glamour move to err...... Fulham FFS

As far as we know it was just 1 match, he was clearly badly advised, has been punished, and now we see what happens.

Not quite in the same league as Bridcutt's lack of focus.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am wondering if the club is thinking to try and keep him until January which will give us half a season with him as an Albion player and then sell in that window at a more inflated price which in general it usually is

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very sad when a local lad refuses to play for his club. I can only speculate that his agent told him not to play and get cup tied as it would slightly lower his value and earning potential and subsequent cut for the agent in question. It can only be about money with the proposed move to Fulham as currently, Dunk would be swapping playing for a side with an automatic promotion place for a team in a relegation dog fight. Very sad.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As far as we know it was just 1 match, he was clearly badly advised, has been punished, and now we see what happens.

Not quite in the same league as Bridcutt's lack of focus.

Hope you're right. I guess we'll see in the weeks to come if he doesn't get his dream move away from the Albion

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
O k....I take back what I said earlier. The Argus have it in the open . I apologise.

Get rid quickly and take what we can. A poncing prima Donna who plays when he feels like it is no good to us.. Unless he was nursing injury and felt he was not fit? But I don't think so.
I heard Bobby Robson say once that you don't only need good players, you need good people!
I agree with that...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Cheers for the memories Lewis.

Take as much as we can and move on.

I only want players here that genuinely want to be here.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

We will find out very quickly if this is not true - the club will come down on the Argus like a ton of bricks. In the past, inflammatory and incorrect headlines/stories have been changed very quickly, so unless something happens in the next couple of hours to that story, we can take it as the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here