Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For which Albion goal were you in the ultimate place to watch it sail in.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Ulloa's diving header against Arsenal.
Our lot go in the North for all the cup games.
Even better is the footage saved on my Virgin box---the dull THUD picked up by the pitch microphone of Barnes cross sends shivers down my spine.

You'll like this video then, I love it especially because there's no commentary and you can just hear the roar of the crowd.

Calde's Screamer for me, V Bristol City, was perfectly in line to see it fly past David James, to his far post, sublime strike ★★★★★

This. One of my favourite goals at the Amex so far.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Richard Carpenters free kick away in the FA Cup to Spurs.

David Lopezs free kick against Palace

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'll always remember that goal scored by Lawro against, nope cant remember. South stand, goldstone (rip) and certain it was a cup game. One of those times your on your feet celebrating before the ball hits the net as it zooms in, and had the net not stopped the ball then it would have carried on to me. Right in line.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Mick Robinson against Spurs at White Hart Lane in late 1981, I was right behind the goal where he scored an individual break away goal.
Remember a pissed off looking Ray Clemence picking the ball up. One nil, never did like Spurs.

You were stood next to me then. That made our robbery of QPR look fair, Spurs had their top team Archibald/Crooks and Hoddle pulling the strings. They battered us. One breakaway and Robbo finished, cue pandemonium.

Mate and I were at Warwick Uni and we cadged a lift down on the free CND rally coaches. Token march in the morning, quick beer, WHL then back to pick up the coach back. Free band in the Student Union were...appropriately enough, A Flock of Seagulls! Good day all around.

PG

All four goals (ours and theirs) at Newcastle in 1979. I was right behind the goal. I see myself on the screens at The Amex every week when Nobby's header goes in. :mad:

Happy day that one, I also enjoy seeing myself on the screens every week. Tidy goal from Alun Shoulder too wasn't it?

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'll always remember that goal scored by Lawro against, nope cant remember. South stand, goldstone (rip) and certain it was a cup game. One of those times your on your feet celebrating before the ball hits the net as it zooms in, and had the net not stopped the ball then it would have carried on to me. Right in line.
Found it and I was miles out. Away to Tottenham September 8th 1979. Still Lawro though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I will nominate two:

Munday's glorious one at Leicester. I was in the front row as far along to the centre as possible. Just watched it clearly as it flew over (well, more like sailed over) the keeper.

Chapman's equaliser in the 3-3 draw at home to Bournemouth. From behind the goal in the North watching it curl away in to the top corner with the keeper (Bartram?) nowhere near it.

I was going to say Mundays goal so must have been sitting behind you further up the stand.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Johnny Crumplin, Football Genius - Goldstone Ground - late eightes / early ninties. Can't recall opposition.

He got on the ball just outside the box, north goal, and hit a beautifully dipping drive over the top of the 'keeper and into the roof of the net. It was an evening fixture, just after Easter Monday, and I was standing in the North Stand, right in line with the ball. It was in the moment he hit it.

:goal:

Watford at home in a 4-0 win. David James was in goal

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Behind the goal at Semi Final to see Jimmy Case smash in his free kick and also behind the goal
when Robbie Reinelt equalised for Albion up at Hereford !
Can't say which was better really both fantastic days.

Hmm - perfect view for Case. But to my enduring regret, although I saw the initial shot, I simply couldn't see Reinelt put the rebound off the post in, as there were simply too many towards the touchline, and I was too low down. Although I've seen it on video countless times - I still know that I only knew we had scored by everyone's reaction - and didn't see it go in. I desperately hoped we'd score a winner so I could celebrate properly, and have that magic moment in my mind forever...

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I was stood behind the goal for Gary Nelson's wonder goal away to Brentford in the FA Cup 2nd round sometime in the early 90's

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
For some reason the one I remember as Withdean is a Dean Hammond free kick, think it was against Norwich. Never left the ground but could see if was going in as soon as it snuck under the wall

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
FA cup semi-final, was behind the stanchion that Jimmy Case's shot hit........ Fantastic.

Of course more or less behind Buckley at an angle when he scored winner vs Doncaster.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You'll like this video then, I love it especially because there's no commentary and you can just hear the roar of the crowd.

I was right in line with Leo as he went for the header, what a cross from Barnes. Hearing that goalscorer announcement again sent shivers down my spine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here