Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm not having a go - I've enjoyed the podcast. Just think it would do a lot, lot, lot better and have a potentially much wider listenership (probably not a word) if the shows were recorded on the even of or Sunday after a game, a la The Tuesday Club.

I see where you're coming from, you'll have to ask Ady and Al about that

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This thread prompted me to listen to The Roar for the first time in a year or more. Not because I don't like it - I've always enjoyed it a lot - but it just seems to refuse to appear on my iPhone like all other podcasts.

And,if you're as lazy as I am, that's a significant barrier.

Is it only me that this happens to?

See a few posts above yours..

Edit..download the rssradio app..problem solved

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Radio Reverb are also on TuneInRadio which is a fantastic app for smartphones. Thoroughly endorsed.

I've often listened in rural and other random parts of the country to stations from all over the planet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

After weeks of building on a volunteers' budget, including putting on false walls and ceiling, carpet-laying, carpet-hanging, cabling and wiring, painting, testing and generally getting stuff together, Radio Reverb will be broadcasting live this Saturday from its new home at the Open Market.

The first live show is going out on Thursday (the brilliant Kathy Caton's 'Out In Brighton'). On Saturday, we will be broadcasting our first live show from the new venue.

Joining us will be Roar semi-regulars Andy Bass and Marcus Hancocks (guest vocalist Adam Virgo will be saved for another day). We may be be interspersed with the sound of Herbie Flowers sound-checking outside in the main market area while we're on air. But face it, it could be worse. It could be Bros.

So we are LIVE (been a while) on air on 97.2FM and all the usual platforms at 12pm this Saturday discussing the Barnsley and Ipswich games, players' needless backchat, Shirt of the Week, and facepalming the FA and all its little wizards. And more besides.

Is Kathy's show still airing before yours as well ? The two will always be a good two hour listen on a Saturday when home 'on call' and nothing happening. I like the podcasts too, very convenient.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

After weeks of building on a volunteers' budget, including putting on false walls and ceiling, carpet-laying, carpet-hanging, cabling and wiring, painting, testing and generally getting stuff together, Radio Reverb will be broadcasting live this Saturday from its new home at the Open Market.

The first live show is going out on Thursday (the brilliant Kathy Caton's 'Out In Brighton'). On Saturday, we will be broadcasting our first live show from the new venue.

Joining us will be Roar semi-regulars Andy Bass and Marcus Hancocks (guest vocalist Adam Virgo will be saved for another day). We may be be interspersed with the sound of Herbie Flowers sound-checking outside in the main market area while we're on air. But face it, it could be worse. It could be Bros.

So we are LIVE (been a while) on air on 97.2FM and all the usual platforms at 12pm this Saturday discussing the Barnsley and Ipswich games, players' needless backchat, Shirt of the Week, and facepalming the FA and all its little wizards. And more besides.

You will be able to go into Streets cafe and attempt their mega brekkie and then report how you ate it all.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Request....

Is there anyway the show could be available for download straight after the show either on Itunes or the website? Often the Roar carries a lot more relevance prior to the Saturday games than after it (great listening on route to the match), so if you miss the live Reverb broadcast you have to wait sometimes until the following day

For the past few weeks, we have been putting the show up as a podcast before the radio broadcast.

We put the podcast up after a live show as soon as possible. If it's the day of a match, we'll go straight from the studio to the game. For the podcast we have to save the show in a different format to the radio broadcast. With the temparemental internet connection we've had in the previous studio, we haven't always been able to do so.

Saturdays are precious to us as well, and we like to take full advantage.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not having a go - I've enjoyed the podcast. Just think it would do a lot, lot, lot better and have a potentially much wider listenership (probably not a word) if the shows were recorded on the even of or Sunday after a game, a la The Tuesday Club.

Can I suggest 'audience' as an alternative?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
So it IS still directly before a game, meaning it's immediately out of date for all podcast listeners....?

Well only in regard to discussion about that days match, the conversation normally discusses the previous game or games, and then stuff regarding the guest and/or current (relevant) news stories.

We hardly ever talk about the upcoming match. In fact, I don't recall having done so for years.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Anyone having an issue downloading this fantastic podcast on to their Apple device? I have an iPad Air and it just won't seem to download. So annyoing as I work on a cruise ship so like to listen to it when I have no internet!

Yes I have that problem too. Can't download it. Can only stream it. So need Internet whenever I listen to the podcast.

This thread prompted me to listen to The Roar for the first time in a year or more. Not because I don't like it - I've always enjoyed it a lot - but it just seems to refuse to appear on my iPhone like all other podcasts.

And,if you're as lazy as I am, that's a significant barrier.

Is it only me that this happens to?

We've encountered this issue before - especially for iOS9 users.

Rewind a couple of pages on this thread, and we've found that the factory setting podcast app arbitrarily downloaded some podcasts and not others. It seems to be resolved if you downloaded another podcast app (e.g. Overcast), and subscribed from there.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Is Kathy's show still airing before yours as well ? The two will always be a good two hour listen on a Saturday when home 'on call' and nothing happening. I like the podcasts too, very convenient.

Kathy before us, then Slipstreem Worldwide Beats for two hours after us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We hardly ever talk about the upcoming match. In fact, I don't recall having done so for years.

But the point is, (it is my semi-educated guess that) those listening on to the Albion Roar on podcast want to hear chat and analysis about game(s) just gone, a la the Tuesday Club, Football Weekly, pretty much all football podcasts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But the point is, (it is my semi-educated guess that) those listening on to the Albion Roar on podcast want to hear chat and analysis about game(s) just gone, a la the Tuesday Club, Football Weekly, pretty much all football podcasts.

Maybe there should be an AR2 ..say Wednesday..cover a week day game as well :moo:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Albion Roar is ESSENTIAL listening, discovered season before last, now listen to more than my wife ;)

Carry on chaps, love the show!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here