Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Also anyone else got vincente back ?

I saw him on the game last night and chose to sign Simao instead as I knew Vicente would be injured all the time, must be on my conscience as I had a dream of Vicente banging in goals for the Albion that night.

Injuries in general on this game are a pisser, I bet they've made it so that Vicente might be fit enough to appear in one or two reserve fixtures per season.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
I saw him on the game last night and chose to sign Simao instead as I knew Vicente would be injured all the time, must be on my conscience as I had a dream of Vicente banging in goals for the Albion that night.

Injuries in general on this game are a pisser, I bet they've made it so that Vicente might be fit enough to appear in one or two reserve fixtures per season.

He is actually no worse than any of the others for injuries and better than tex and quite a good buy !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My (very fledgling) game thus far:

INS -

Eero Markkanen (Castilla) - 500k
Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) - Season-Long Loan
Marnick Vermilj (Manchester United) - 250k
Borja Martinez (Atletico Madrid) - 105k

OUTS -

Adam Chicksen - Yeovil (Season-Long Loan)
Kemy Agustien - Heerenveen (325k)

Only played one friendly so far, a 3-1 win over Southend with goals from Grealish, LuaLua and March - friendlies against Deportivo and Sampdoria coming up before we kick off the league away to Middlesbrough

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Will be starting a new game with the Albion tonight after messing around with the beta. Any recommended signings?

Jack Grealish on loan from Villa is definitely worth going for in my opinion.

On another note, I'd echo what others have said about injury problems - I'm not even out of pre-season and I've got injured players left, right and centre.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Jack Grealish on loan from Villa is definitely worth going for in my opinion.

On another note, I'd echo what others have said about injury problems - I'm not even out of pre-season and I've got injured players left, right and centre.

I got him on the beta after my big money (£2.1m + add ons) signing, Matt Ritchie, got injured for 4-5 months after just 3 games, and he never really got going. An average rating of about 6.7. Ritchie, on the other hand was fantastic for 3 games. A hatrick in the first, A goal and an assist in the second, and 2 assists and an injury in the third!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ante Coric. I got him for £1.2m. 17 year old AMC, rated as a potential premier league star.

How on EARTH did you get him?

I tried based on your recommendation, but missed out due to competing bids from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, PSG, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Porto, Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid. :down:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Scraped into the playoffs on the final day of the season after a very inconsistent season, results-wise. I'd go unbeaten for 5 or 6 games then lose 3 in a row or something.

Beat Boro in the Semi and then Leeds in the final to secure a very unlikely promotion!

Just signed Darren Fletcher, Tim Howard, John Guidetti, Danny Rose and a few others but predicting a season of struggle in the Prem.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
My (very fledgling) game thus far:

INS -

Eero Markkanen (Castilla) - 500k
Jack Grealish (Aston Villa) - Season-Long Loan
Marnick Vermilj (Manchester United) - 250k
Borja Martinez (Atletico Madrid) - 105k

OUTS -

Adam Chicksen - Yeovil (Season-Long Loan)
Kemy Agustien - Heerenveen (325k)

Only played one friendly so far, a 3-1 win over Southend with goals from Grealish, LuaLua and March - friendlies against Deportivo and Sampdoria coming up before we kick off the league away to Middlesbrough

How did you manage to get rid of Kemy? I even offered him on a free and no one was interested.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How did you manage to get rid of Kemy? I even offered him on a free and no one was interested.

I didn't even have to try, oddly enough. Heerenveen came in with a bid and he asked for a private chat to say that he'd like it to be accepted as he wanted to test himself at a higher level.

Job done.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
A poor season for me. Limped to 19th with the Albion and was then sacked a week after the end of the season. Now at Port Vale and despite being predicted a 20th finish I'm sitting 3rd after 12 games.

This game is already taking up far too much of my time.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Just finished 1st month of season

Transfers
View attachment 60037

Fixtures
View attachment 60024

How the Players have performed
View attachment 60025
View attachment 60026

Team Competitions
SkyBet Championship: 1st
Capital One Cup: 3rd Round (Vs Watford)
FA Cup: Not Yet Entered

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Chris O'Grady! (5)
Most Assists: Andrew Crofts (3)
Most Man of the Matches: Kazenga LuaLua (2)
Yellow Cards: Andrew Crofts (2)
Red Cards: None
Top Rating: Kazenga LuaLua (7.75)

P.S. I sent SWP back to QPR as did not perform well and did not feel he was worth the wages we was spending

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Started again after my beta save corrupted.. progress will be made tonight hopefully!

Ins:
Yannick Stark- 1860 Munich- Loan
Jack Grealish- Villa- Loan
Oguchi Onyewu- Free
Lluis Sastre- Valladolid- 600k
Kevin Conboy- NEC- 325k
Chris Eagles- Free
Demba Savage- HJK- 70k

Out:
CMS- Forest- 900k
Chicksen- Yeovil- Loan

Also sacked Nathan Jones and David Burke and replaced them with Michael Lindemann and Eric Cantona respectively :lolol:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Started again after my beta save corrupted.. progress will be made tonight hopefully!

Ins:
Yannick Stark- 1860 Munich- Loan
Jack Grealish- Villa- Loan
Oguchi Onyewu- Free
Lluis Sastre- Valladolid- 600k
Kevin Conboy- NEC- 325k
Chris Eagles- Free
Demba Savage- HJK- 70k

Out:
CMS- Forest- 900k
Chicksen- Yeovil- Loan

Also sacked Nathan Jones and David Burke and replaced them with Michael Lindemann and Eric Cantona respectively :lolol:

I also signed Onyewu but he was woeful for me. When he wasn't injured he was continually making mistakes leading to a conceded goal.

Did get 4 assists with his long throws though!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I had a trialist who was fantastic, but rejected my offer and agreed terms with someone else. A centre mid named Karja (sp?) - well worth a look.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hate this game. :down:

Nice pre-season, tactics and new players settled nicely...and then the season started.

Got absolutely humped (4-2) away to 'Boro in the first league game, and then contrived to bugger up a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 to Northampton AET in the COCup. I also have Baldock, Solly, Kaz, CMS and Gardner out injured.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I had a trialist who was fantastic, but rejected my offer and agreed terms with someone else. A centre mid named Karja (sp?) - well worth a look.

I signed him on a free- Houssine Kharja. Very good playmaker but had a habit of making rash tackles- got sent off 3 times for me in the course of the season. Also got called up for African Cup of Nations so was away for a good month in Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here