Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus stop going on about other clubs

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because it is Gus it is seen as being honest and therefore something we should celebrate.

Honesty is indeed important. But so is respect. Respect for your employer and the fans who idolise you.

Gus can be honest without saying how much he would love to manager other clubs and how special his relationship with their fans was.

So we would rather he lied as this would make us all feel better....even if we know he's lying.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So we would rather he lied as this would make us all feel better....even if we know he's lying.

It isn't lying to not go on about it all the time...

He could just say something like, "I enjoyed my time at Leeds but I am manager of Brighton & Hove Albion and I am concentrating on getting this fantastic club and its amazing supporters up into the Premier League."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not going on about it all the time though is it. 99.9% of all his interviews are completely Brighton related. However when he is interviewed by Leeds or Chelsea journalists, naturally he is going to answer them appropriately - and there really is nothing wrong with saying he is fond of other clubs and wishes to manage them one day.

Brighton fans getting their knickers in a twist about this is embarrassing and frankly rather pathetic. I wonder if Real Madrid fans get their knickers in a twist every time Mourinho talks about returning to Porto or Chelsea one day - doubt it somehow.

I don't often agree with your posts but I am completely in agreement with this.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My Girlfriend analogy, seeming that the last one went so well :)

Bloke and his missus go out with their friends for a night at the local disco. A couple of shandys later and the bloke, full of dutch courage and feeling abit randy starts chatting up every bird in the place, irrespective of the glances he's getting from his party. Girlfriend who is obviously smitten with this bloke, makes best attempts to laugh off the bravado on show insisting "he'd never do anything bad" whilst secretly crying inside.

I feel abit like the bird in this story just incase it needs explaining :sick: :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's not going on about it all the time though is it. 99.9% of all his interviews are completely Brighton related. However when he is interviewed by Leeds or Chelsea journalists, naturally he is going to answer them appropriately - and there really is nothing wrong with saying he is fond of other clubs and wishes to manage them one day.

Brighton fans getting their knickers in a twist about this is embarrassing and frankly rather pathetic. I wonder if Real Madrid fans get their knickers in a twist every time Mourinho talks about returning to Porto or Chelsea one day - doubt it somehow.

But it isn't "Leeds of Chelsea journalists", it is people in the national press.

It does not bother me that much. I just find it a bit annoying that whenever Gus is on Sky Sports on in the national press it seems to be talking about how great some other club is, or how much he loved that set of fans...

If he stopped serving up such easy copy on Suarez, Chelsea etc, the national press would stop asking him about it all the time.

Also, I doubt most Madrid fans care as they are not exacly smitten with Mr Mourinho...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do you really think so?

Yes.

Journalists, even on well-staffed national desks, are busy. Too busy to get the train down to Brighton to go to a press conference in the hope of scrambling together a couple of hundred words to fill a space on Suarez etc if they know Gus won't oblige.

As it is, the tabloids et al know that if they ask Gus about Suarez controversy, Chelsea management saga etc he will almost certainly provide them with decent copy.

Once he stops being a rent-a-quote, the questions would dry up.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm sorry but I find it very disrespectful him going on about going back to Leeds sooner or later. Shouldn't be talking about any other clubs than Brighton !!

I totally agree. If he feels like that he should just f uck off at the end of this season, and we will get somone who shows Tont Bloom and the Club some respect.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Word.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I totally agree. If he feels like that he should just f uck off at the end of this season, and we will get somone who shows Tont Bloom and the Club some respect.

I normally think you come across as a moron in your Poyet-related posts but I'm happy to say, this time you....

Oh. no. You're still coming across the same. MY BAD.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you like the taste of his shit or something? You are always trying to lick his arse.

I know. I remember that time when we have 17 games to go and you claimed poyet had "****ed" (you like that word) our playoff hopes and I was a brown-nosed lunatic and defended him then also. Madness eh?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
My Girlfriend analogy, seeming that the last one went so well :)

Bloke and his missus go out with their friends for a night at the local disco. A couple of shandys later and the bloke, full of dutch courage and feeling abit randy starts chatting up every bird in the place, irrespective of the glances he's getting from his party. Girlfriend who is obviously smitten with this bloke, makes best attempts to laugh off the bravado on show insisting "he'd never do anything bad" whilst secretly crying inside.

I feel abit like the bird in this story just incase it needs explaining :sick: :)

It doesn't work though does it? When you're with a girlfriend/boyfriend, you're hardly expecting things to end at some point, or there would be no point in being together. Whereas we know full well that Gus won't be with us for his entire career, very very few managers are. The same applies to many jobs these days. The fact that he's been one of our longest serving managers in recent times says a lot already.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can't blame the journalists for asking the questions, but Gus does not HAVE to answer them in the way he does.

The problem isn't Gus or how he answers the questions - the problem is with people trying to analysis every last word and being far too precious about what he says.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I know. I remember that time when we have 17 games to go and you claimed poyet had "****ed" (you like that word) our playoff hopes and I was a brown-nosed lunatic and defended him then also. Madness eh?

How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. But, I am obviously happy that we are. If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. But, I am obviously happy that we are. If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

I stick by my previous description of your posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here