Gus stop going on about other clubs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. But, I am obviously happy that we are. If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

This. I really wish he would stop using those negative tactics that only brought 6 goals on Saturday. He should get on his bike.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How was I to know that we would play shit and still get into the playoff zone because the rest bottled it? We simply should not be there. But, I am obviously happy that we are. If we go up, and Poyet goes in the summer, I will be very happy. The thought of his negative tactics to try to stay up makes the Mike Bailey era sound positively riveting.

Unreal.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Why not? He loves all the clubs he's worked at, either as a player or staff. We all know he's not going to stay with us forever so just relax, and enjoy the time that he's here.
I don't have a problem with him being honest, as that's just Gus. I've no doubt, that at some time in the future, when we're doing well under a new manager, he will say that he loved his time at Brighton.

Quite. Just enjoy it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Our goal difference is only +23. It's just not good enough.

Personally I think the worst thing he's done is to have needed 11 players on the pitch to beat Palace 3-0. Everybody knows we should be able to beat them with 8 players blindfolded. Pathetic - GUS OUT !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

HEY:shutup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm sorry but I find it very disrespectful him going on about going back to Leeds sooner or later. Shouldn't be talking about any other clubs than Brighton !!

Absolutely, after all you have done for the Albion, he owes you a huge amount of respect.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because he doesn't think before he answers. Shirley some diplomacy is needed in respect of our club and fans.,

At first I thought you were being ironic, and then staggeringly I realised you actually mean it.

He owes 'us' nothing. Remember all the 'Poyet in or out' polls over the past couple of years after a couple of defeats?

Too many fans have no respect or loyalty towards the players or management, all they care about it success, and if it doesn't arrive they will want the player/manager shipped out straight away.

Respect? It's a two way street.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At first I thought you were being ironic, and then staggeringly I realised you actually mean it.

He owes 'us' nothing. Remember all the 'Poyet in or out' polls over the past couple of years after a couple of defeats?

Too many fans have no respect or loyalty towards the players or management, all they care about it success, and if it doesn't arrive they will want the player/manager shipped out straight away.

Word.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
at first i thought you were being ironic, and then staggeringly i realised you actually mean it.

He owes 'us' nothing. Remember all the 'poyet in or out' polls over the past couple of years after a couple of defeats?

Wooosh!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

This over and over again. Strange how when it comes to getting rid of a manager / player some people want to be considered as a customer ( i.e. always right ) but when it comes to their experience of the club they want to be considered as a fan !

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
It is in Gus's and Brighton's interest for him to say nice things about the opposition before a game.
He doesn't want to slag them off and wind them up and motivate them to up their game.

I don't think he is being honest, don't think he would go back to Leeds just making things as easy as possible for his team.
People on here are getting a bit too sensitive.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

We have not played shit though. We have put in some bloody hard work and shown some resolve to get where we are. A resolve that has been lacking in our rivals. I do not think our fellow playoff hopefuls will be thinking blimey Brighton are shit. They are currently worried about the prospect of meeting us in the playoffs.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It does piss me off. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut. He is a very good manager but he is not bigger than the club. I would swap Gus for Mcdermott yesterday

Of course you would. Still not managed to change that broken record then?

Did he say he thought he had a shit job at Brighton? Did he say that Leeds are a bigger / better club than Brighton?

I will keep hoping that he does answer questions this honestly, if for no other reason than to continue to piss off the likes of you and you're whinging anti-Gus cronies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports