Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Англия против Бельгии (England vs Belgium)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We won’t get past Colombia

Based on what? Not saying we definitely will, but overall we’ve looked better than them so far. If they’re missing Rodriguez then we are definitely favourites with the neutral.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Breezed over by the pundits et al. Harry Kane has scored most of our goals, doesn't play and we don't score. Sterling no form missed golden opportunities, Rashford likewise with missed opportunities, im thinking we're a one man team:goal::goal::goal: But don't forget we only lost by a single goal, could have scored on two occassions, ended up with a potential better draw, find out that Keiron Dier is made to look better by the people he plays with at THS and there is now little doubt over the selection for the match.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Waiting for the thread on 'Would you boo Izquierdo next season if he scored the winner against England on Tuesday?'

Any poll is likely to be hijacked by Palace fans on NSC who'd probably boo him anyway.

(The correct answer is, of course, 'No', although that probably wouldn't stop some goons on Twitter sending him death threats...)

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
ITV4 is worth a watch.

G.Neville, Wright, Giggs and Dixon are really concerned about rebounds caused by Pickford consistently spilling balls.

Opposition coaches will now tell their players to follow up all shots.

You mean you think the Colombia coaches might have been watching ITV4, and will now realise they should tell their forwards about that little-known skill of following up shots in case the goalie spills it?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We won’t get past Colombia

Waiting for the thread on 'Would you boo Izquierdo next season if he scored the winner against England on Tuesday?'

Any poll is likely to be hijacked by Palace fans on NSC who'd probably boo him anyway.

(The correct answer is, of course, 'No', although that probably wouldn't stop some goons on Twitter sending him death threats...)

Doubt he will play. :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Based on what? Not saying we definitely will, but overall we’ve looked better than them so far. If they’re missing Rodriguez then we are definitely favourites with the neutral.

Based on the whole nation making a massive deal of finishing second in the group and it being a wonderful thing...

You just know it will happen...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agree with most your comments.

Not so sure about RLC - some good second half runs, but an awful first half and his decision making at the end of those runs was poor.

What did you reckon of?:

Delph - I thought he was poor.

Jones - chaotically crap.

I like Delph usually but he was poor tonight. Don’t understand why he played TBH as he was flying home straight away afterwards for the birth of his child, surely he couldn’t have been massively focussed on the game?

Jones is awful. Do not understand why he was picked for the squad?!

What I like most about RLC is his directness and positivity. I’ve been crying out for an England player to run at defenders for years and we haven’t really done it since Gazza. He’s a beast, so powerful he scares defenders. The decision making will come with time and experience.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I felt like we the fans were cheated by both England and Belgium. We need a new format. I love those words "sudden death." Play every game like your life is at stake. It worked for the christians and the lions, gladiators, etc. But NO PENALTIES! to decide a match. Find a new way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Frankly, I was dismayed when I saw he'd made 8 changes. Maybe 2, 3, 4 tops, to take Trippier and Walker (on yellows) out of the firing line. But EIGHT ?

All this talk about building momentum was clearly bollocks. You simply cannot build momentum by playing 2 completely different teams, and all this postmatch flimflam about all the squad players "deserving" to play in a World Cup is a load of old PONCE. You pick as close to your strongest team as is rational (cards / injuries allowing), and bloody stick with it. This isn't a school sports day, where everyone deserves a runout just for turning up for christs sake.

Southgate is still in credit for the way we've looked so far, but tonight was most certainly a step right back to the Bad Old England. Now if we stuff it up on Tuesday, people will rightly point towards the disruption of completely throwing his team up in the air for tonights game. Hodgson did exactly the same in the last group game 2 years ago, and just look at how that turned out.

I still think we'll have enough to take care of Colombia in the next round when we go back to our proper team. But we've done ourselves no favours IMO.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Before the game, a bunch of experts on 5Live including (Spurs loving) Jenas, explained that Dier at the moment lacks the mobility, pace and the ability to get around to shield the back 4 at international level. Henderson has earned the right to start in that position.

It showed last night for sure. I'm sure a couple of years ago he was excellent in there, what happened? Is he the international version of Rohan Ince?

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Frankly, I was dismayed when I saw he'd made 8 changes. Maybe 2, 3, 4 tops, to take Trippier and Walker (on yellows) out of the firing line. But EIGHT ?

All this talk about building momentum was clearly bollocks. You simply cannot build momentum by playing 2 completely different teams, and all this postmatch flimflam about all the squad players "deserving" to play in a World Cup is a load of old PONCE. You pick as close to your strongest team as is rational (cards / injuries allowing), and bloody stick with it. This isn't a school sports day, where everyone deserves a runout just for turning up for christs sake.

Southgate is still in credit for the way we've looked so far, but tonight was most certainly a step right back to the Bad Old England. Now if we stuff it up on Tuesday, people will rightly point towards the disruption of completely throwing his team up in the air for tonights game. Hodgson did exactly the same in the last group game 2 years ago, and just look at how that turned out.

I still think we'll have enough to take care of Colombia in the next round when we go back to our proper team. But we've done ourselves no favours IMO.

A thousand times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We still don't know where this team is at. Good performance against a weak Panama and a somewhat stuttered performance against a half decent Tunisia told us little. The debacle against Belgium told us even less. The game against Colombia will give us an idea of where we are at.

I remain skeptical about our ability to mix it with the best but am pleased that this team are gaining experience of a world cup so we can build for the future.

Now we need to get that crop of exiting youngsters playing regularly at the highest level possible so they kick on and become proper international standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here