Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket no shows - loyalty points deduction

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What an objectionable and arrogant thread. I wouldn’t miss a game unless there was a cause that prevented me from doing so and such a cause being for me to decide and absolutely no affair of anyone else. If any of the regulars sitting near me didn’t turn up to a game, I’d be more concerned about their welfare than spitting feathers about them getting a deduction of loyalty points. The club have had the money and reflect same in their attendance figures. What next, getting the equivalent of a parents note to teacher to explain absence? Truly pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What an objectionable and arrogant thread. I wouldn’t miss a game unless there was a cause that prevented me from doing so and such a cause being for me to decide and absolutely no affair of anyone else. If any of the regulars sitting near me didn’t turn up to a game, I’d be more concerned about their welfare than spitting feathers about them getting a deduction of loyalty points. The club have had the money and reflect same in their attendance figures. What next, getting the equivalent of a parents note to teacher to explain absence? Truly pathetic.

I agree.

Deleting my rant though. Enough said.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is a seat in the row in front of us which has been empty for the last 2 seasons, and this year only filled for the Liverpool and Man City games. Someone with more money than sense. But as things stand, they accrue the same ST loyalty points as the rest of us foot soldiers. Is this not worthy of debate on here?

PG

Do you know for a fact that seat is used by a season ticket holder?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You can just image a ST holder is admitted to ICU at the Royal Sussex on the Friday before a game the following day, the medical team spend many hours successfully saving the ST holders life. While still having lots of tubes attached to his body a well as being connected to the machine that goes ping, the ST holder vaguely comes around mid morning and immediately discharges themselves from the hospital, going against all the medical advice. With all the breathe they can muster they whisper that they must get to the Amex for the game this afternoon, otherwise they will have loyalty points deducted for not attending, and the only permitted excuse for not attending any home game is death.

You have been warned

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have a season ticket waiting list, so demand is exceeding supply. If there are s/t holders who are routinely missing games, (I don't know this to be the case) but are keeping their season ticket to make sure they have access to the big 6 games, then yes, I agree, they should be deducted loyalty points. I don't particularly see a lot of distinction between missing this game and the Bournemouth away cup game, in terms of whether loyalty points should be allocated for attending it

If I made the rules. It would go something like ... missing 0-1 games a season, no penalty, 2-4 games, pro rata loyalty point deduction, 5+ games, season ticket revoked. Harsh yes, but it's also harsh that fans who want a season ticket can't get one.

So if you made the rules wouldn't you also have every match at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Seems to me it only our new fans doing the most moaning maybe if they supported us when we were fighting relegation three years ago they might not be on the waiting list now.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No.

That is a bit of a Nazi suggestion, if you don't mind my saying.

Time you tried thinking a little about the point of view of other folk, perhaps. It may come as a surprise but not every Englishman and women shares exactly your life experience, lifestyle and circumstances.

WTF are you on a about ? Nazi ?? I find that highly offensive and out of order !

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Should season ticket holders, who don’t turn up to home games, have a loyalty points deduction?

This comes across as the view of someone who struggles to get away tickets due to having Insufficient loyalty points and is desperately looking for a ‘leveller’ !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can just image a ST holder is admitted to ICU at the Royal Sussex on the Friday before a game the following day, the medical team spend many hours successfully saving the ST holders life. While still having lots of tubes attached to his body a well as being connected to the machine that goes ping, the ST holder vaguely comes around mid morning and immediately discharges themselves from the hospital, going against all the medical advice. With all the breathe they can muster they whisper that they must get to the Amex for the game this afternoon, otherwise they will have loyalty points deducted for not attending, and the only permitted excuse for not attending any home game is death.

You have been warned

Not forgetting that the nurses who work at the Sussex County are also season ticket holders, but have to miss matches, when their shifts happen to coincide with a game.
Or other emergency workers, or aren't they allowed to be season ticket holders because they might miss some matches?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Usual outrage and diatribe, with just about every excuse under the sun called upon to rebuke a suggestion where similar already happens at other clubs.

As someone has already said, ST holders who repeatedly miss games are ALREADY written to, and if demand for season tickets continues at current rate it won't be long before some slightly harsher measures are taken.

I would assume the op is trying to weed out these repeat offenders, not lambast you for missing a couple of games due to illness<insert perfectly valid alternative>... but who doesn't love a bit of pompous outrage.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The rate we are winning/losing points in the actual game of football, it won't be a problem next season.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like the idea of what Bayern Munich do after people were buying season tickets just to see the big games. If ST holders miss a certain number of games their ST is cancelled and it allows the next person on the waiting list to buy it.

Bayern Munich expect ST holders to miss no more than 8 home games, out of 17 - so nearly half their home fixtures.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The idiots who start these sorts of threads only see life through their myopic eyes. Imagine this scenario if they got their way.
Ring ring, ring ring...“Hello, Browns residence”
Club “why did Mr Brown not turn up on Sat”?
Mrs Brown “my husband died on Sat morning...(starts sobbing)”
Club “oh, er, um...does that mean he might miss tomorrow nights match too? We’ll have to deduct some points if so...”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bayern Munich expect ST holders to miss no more than 8 home games, out of 17 - so nearly half their home fixtures.

I still can’t believe people are putting BM in same sentence with Albion! Even for hypothetical comparative purposes!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Usual outrage and diatribe, with just about every excuse under the sun called upon to rebuke a suggestion where similar already happens at other clubs.

As someone has already said, ST holders who repeatedly miss games are ALREADY written to, and if demand for season tickets continues at current rate it won't be long before some slightly harsher measures are taken.

I would assume the op is trying to weed out these repeat offenders, not lambast you for missing a couple of games due to illness<insert perfectly valid alternative>... but who doesn't love a bit of pompous outrage.

I’ve missed a lot of home games inc today and even an away match this season. Mostly due to Club agreeing to Sky’s terms (no, it’s not Sky who are at fault - it’s the PL who do deals and the clubs control the PL) but also illness and even a flat battery. Don’t recall club moaning or anyone policing when I had a ST for 2 years at Gillingham and 11 at Withdean...or is this an idea from those who followed the Albion since we got the nice shiney new stadium and played in top 2 divisions I.e. people who aren’t fit for many of us to piss on let alone tell us how to follow our club?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here