Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket no shows - loyalty points deduction

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nope, but is it fair you get points for a game you didn’t attend ?

I see where you are coming from but say I can`t go to the Chelsea game my brother goes in my place should I get points deduction according to Wookiee ? I`m season ticket holder and won`t be there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FFS this has been done to death so many times before.

Maybe there should be a 100 point deduction for anyone who starts a pointless thread on this issue like the OP has.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We have a season ticket waiting list, so demand is exceeding supply. If there are s/t holders who are routinely missing games, (I don't know this to be the case) but are keeping their season ticket to make sure they have access to the big 6 games, then yes, I agree, they should be deducted loyalty points. I don't particularly see a lot of distinction between missing this game and the Bournemouth away cup game, in terms of whether loyalty points should be allocated for attending it

If I made the rules. It would go something like ... missing 0-1 games a season, no penalty, 2-4 games, pro rata loyalty point deduction, 5+ games, season ticket revoked. Harsh yes, but it's also harsh that fans who want a season ticket can't get one.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
FFS this has been done to death so many times before.

Maybe there should be a 100 point deduction for anyone who starts a pointless thread on this issue like the OP has.

Excellent point, well made. This could be a goer, I think. Can we include threads including those expressing dismay at people who have the temerity to leave before the final whistle; threads bemoaning lack of atmosphere at the game; contributions to threads about Latin American footballers who were never going to be signed and a 200 point deduction to anyone who can’t spell out manager’s surname properly.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
I take it all those that say yes will all come from Brighton and surrounding area. I'm a season tkt holder from Plymouth who goes to most home games weekends and midweek, and away games, are you telling me that because i miss 2 or 3 games a season I should have points taken off me.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I take it all those that say yes will all come from Brighton and surrounding area. I'm a season tkt holder from Plymouth who goes to most home games weekends and midweek, and away games, are you telling me that because i miss 2 or 3 games a season I should have points taken off me.

Miss 5 games and Blue-Shifted thinks you should lose your ST!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We have a season ticket waiting list, so demand is exceeding supply. If there are s/t holders who are routinely missing games, (I don't know this to be the case) but are keeping their season ticket to make sure they have access to the big 6 games, then yes, I agree, they should be deducted loyalty points. I don't particularly see a lot of distinction between missing this game and the Bournemouth away cup game, in terms of whether loyalty points should be allocated for attending it

If I made the rules. It would go something like ... missing 0-1 games a season, no penalty, 2-4 games, pro rata loyalty point deduction, 5+ games, season ticket revoked. Harsh yes, but it's also harsh that fans who want a season ticket can't get one.

I missed several games last season because my son was dying of cancer, so would be no ST for me this season. Great idea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should season ticket holders, who don’t turn up to home games, have a loyalty points deduction?

No.

That is a bit of a Nazi suggestion, if you don't mind my saying.

Time you tried thinking a little about the point of view of other folk, perhaps. It may come as a surprise but not every Englishman and women shares exactly your life experience, lifestyle and circumstances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m guessing those who have said no are season ticket holders who have not been to every home game ?

Wrong. I have missed one home game in the Amex era owing to unavoidable circumstances. As I said earlier....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm with the OP.

If away loyalty points are only realised if you show up, then why should it be different for home games?

The clue is in the word loyalty. Loyalty is not just about paying your money, it's also about showing up and getting behind the team.
(I draw the line at tagging and deducting points for leaving early but only just(!))

There is a seat in the row in front of us which has been empty for the last 2 seasons, and this year only filled for the Liverpool and Man City games. Someone with more money than sense. But as things stand, they accrue the same ST loyalty points as the rest of us foot soldiers. Is this not worthy of debate on here? Under the Bayern Munich model, they would lose the right to their ST, and rightly so.

PG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like the idea of what Bayern Munich do after people were buying season tickets just to see the big games. If ST holders miss a certain number of games their ST is cancelled and it allows the next person on the waiting list to buy it.

Yes, but their season tickets are cheap as chips. And the ground hold about 80,000. WTF?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Again a TV company dictates the kick off time of another match, this game was originally a 3PM kick off.
I'm sure a few more fans would have attended if the game hadn't started at 12.30 on New Year's Day.
I attended today but I was tired after celebrating last night and going to bed at 1.30 this morning.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Don't the club write to Season Ticket Holders if they don't go to a certain amount of matches anyway?

To answer the original post, no.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm with the OP.

If away loyalty points are only realised if you show up, then why should it be different for home games?

The clue is in the word loyalty. Loyalty is not just about paying your money, it's also about showing up and getting behind the team.
(I draw the line at tagging and deducting points for leaving early but only just(!))

There is a seat in the row in front of us which has been empty for the last 2 seasons, and this year only filled for the Liverpool and Man City games. Someone with more money than sense. But as things stand, they accrue the same ST loyalty points as the rest of us foot soldiers. Is this not worthy of debate on here? Under the Bayern Munich model, they would lose the right to their ST, and rightly so.

PG

Yes, but there is a huge difference between buying a season ticket and attending the odd game and buying a season ticket and missing the odd game.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No. I know of several people who had gone away for New Year and missed the game because of that- nothing wrong there.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Should season ticket holders, who don’t turn up to home games, have a loyalty points deduction?

No. And don't try broaching that idea with the sickly Mrs Earle who was unable to attend today otherwise you'll probably be a little sickly too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here