Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Because it is going to happen.

You'd stake your mortgage or your house ?

On a player for whom no bid has been accepted and on whom the first move will see immediate challenge from elsewhere ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both clubs and we also have another player they're apparently interested in - Jamie Murphy.

£20 mill plus Murphy for Dembele.

A little birdie tells me that Murphy could well be off to Leeds.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Chris Sutton on btsport talking about what a TERRIBLE move it would be for Dembele to come here. “It’s a nice place for a holiday but they’re hardly an attacking force”

Coming across as a right tosser

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The fee is not to low considering the standard of the league he's beien playing in. If Celtic had our Antony the fans would be demanding £50m for him it's a relevant fee in my view and maybe a little to high.

to to is too incorrect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chris Sutton on btsport talking about what a TERRIBLE move it would be for Dembele to come here. “It’s a nice place for a holiday but they’re hardly an attacking force”

Precisely the reason he might want to come here l would of thought. He would automatically become our main striker, and could stand out as being the man who turned us into an attacking force.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did he play any good when Fulham visited in 2016?
Didn't we win 5-0 or something? Can't help but wonder how Celtic managed to spot him for under a million and now we're interested at 18m after he's proved he can score against Scottish teams.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

This proves he knows **** all

For one Brighton is an awful choice for a holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Sutton is a prick, he’s also a former Celtic player who is trying (desperately) to cling on to a bit of the former adulation he enjoyed up there by appeasing their fans with the whole “massive Celtic” spiel.

It’s difficult to be objective when you’re like that. Celtic are a big club in Scotland but Scottish football is basically a laughingstock.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Didn't we win 5-0 or something? Can't help but wonder how Celtic managed to spot him for under a million and now we're interested at 18m after he's proved he can score against Scottish teams.

His contract with Fulham had expired, so could move 'abroad' for a minimal compensation fee, Fulham actually got closer to 500k, PSG got a equal sized amount for their hand in his development. If he had gone to a English club (Spurs were very interested at the time) the amount would have been significantly larger that would have been nearer to £5-6m.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have no idea how good he could be in the Premier League but he looks a real prospect and he would probably be an improvement on what we have. I would just love him to sign for us to prove the Celtic fans wrong who are belittling our club. Let's face it he would be first choice here and a good season and a half could triple his value and move to a big six club. How would that make Celtic fans feel? I like Celtic and believe they are a massive club but it would be ironic if he had to come to little old Brighton to further his career :lol:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
To be honest, I hope we get him to just to piss off obnoxious Celtic fans and jerks like Sutton, hated him as a player and a pundit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His contract with Fulham had expired, so could move 'abroad' for a minimal compensation fee, Fulham actually got closer to 500k, PSG got a equal sized amount for their hand in his development. If he had gone to a English club (Spurs were very interested at the time) the amount would have been significantly larger that would have been nearer to £5-6m.

Even at £5 -£6M I rather wish we had spotted him at the time - a double coup of Dembele and Murray in the summer of 2016 might have been a bit too much to ask for though, I suppose. Four strikers throughout last season - wow, we might just have broken few records and won the Championship, not 'just' come second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here