Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just tried to buy a guest ticket but Palace isn't on the list of Home Matches, the next available ticket for is an U23's game v Sunderland.

Am I missing something simple that I should be doing?

I believe it has to be a named fan who is a member, so you'll need to allocate the ticket to them if they are one.

If they are not a member, I guess you could allocate the ticket to any other of your Friends & Family who is not attending the game. I'm not advocating anyone should do this, obviously.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If it had been a Saturday or a Sunday 3pm Kick off then would have been a 25k crowd easily?

I do see what you are saying, but the fact that it is on a Monday night cannot be used as a reason for mass absence, surely, though admittedly some travel from afar. Have we not have had much larger crowds for league night matches in cold weather with the travel subsidy on, which have also been televised?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No, I want to watch a game where both clubs and managers were trying their damnedest to win, and selected their full strength side to try and do just that. That would be treating the rivalry with the reverence it deserves. It would mean winning (and losing for that matter) counted for something.

As it is, for me at least, it doesn't at all. Losers to winners tomorrow night: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April."

You sound like a spoilt brat a jcl it’s Brighton v palace in the record book as a proper game . You are everything that’s wrong with today’s modern supporter shame on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
-it's a Monday night
- it's bloody cold
- its another train strike day (with no Brighton - Hove shuttle and severely restricted west coastway service)
- it's live on tv
- CH will not be fieldiing anywhere close to our first XI

I can understand why so many are disinclined to go.

If holding the game on a Monday evening was at the behest of the club rather than the FA / BT then it was a pretty stupid idea. The only way to fill the ground tonight would have been to sell the tickets at a far lower price. It should have been clear to the club that demand would be low and therefore the ticket prices should have been cut. Basic economic law of "supply and demand".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interestingly both Hodgson and Hughton have are now arguing (or at least the press are writing) they are picking strong teams for tonight.
"Hodgson will not be resting anyone" via http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...l-news/roy-hodgson-not-resting-anyone-1019060
although he says injuries will force his hand.

Hughton is a bit more honest"We will certainly use that competitive edge that we have. In that first team squad there will probably be only two or three that haven't figured at all.
"We know what the match means. Apart from the fact that it's an FA Cup tie, we know who it's against and what it means to the supporters. It's a game that, which ever side we put out, we will want to win.
"We are playing a Premier League team. I am conscious of that and I'm also conscious that we are in a very competitive division and we need to get the most out of our players.
"Although we have done okay so far, it's one we want to maintain and protect a little bit, so there are a lot of balances that I need to get around."

ie: Krul, Skalak, Baldock, Goldson, Uwe, Kayal, Scheletto, Hemed rather than Matt Ryan, Glenn Murray, Knockaert, Bruno, Propper, Dunk or Duffy.

They'll both say it will be strong teams, largely of squad players. That's a world of difference from their strongest sides they'd be putting out if this were a league fixture.

Hodgson (https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/hodgson-on-cup-tie-team-selection/): "even though the fans may not like to hear it, I know I am going to give some players who haven't been involved a chance to show what they can do"

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Does anyone know if Palace have sold out their allocation?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You sound like a spoilt brat a jcl it’s Brighton v palace in the record book as a proper game . You are everything that’s wrong with today’s modern supporter shame on you

Albion fan for 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I estimate I have have been to well over 1,000 Albion games, fanzine editor, Albion fansite owner and both of my children have intentionally Albion-related names. I'm as modern football as they come.

I'm not telling anyone who is up for this game that they are wrong. Personally I'm not.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Bozza on this. And for the record 20 years a supporter. A bit more circumspection maybe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They really don't want people to go do they?

Why limit sales this early? Maybe 6pm to stop those turning up causing any issues, but surely if you just restrict to fan number sales only it's a non issue. All very odd.
I think it said on the site yesterday that no tickets for Palace fans would be available after midday but tickets for Brighton fans would still be available from the ticket office. Maybe they've just taken them down from online?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here