Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PL games are the bread and butter, they’ll determine the club’s future.

Bouremouth and violence?

the problem with that ( and I agree to some extent) is that we might as well scrap entry to all cup games for Premier sides as staying in the Premier is the be and end all of all football now.

So the logical conclusion is that once you get in the Prem, you only concentrate on that and do not concern yourselves with any trivial cup competitions.

there is no doubt it would save fans in the Prem heaps of money not having to go to these pesky cup games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Suggest you go back to start of thread and read through - plenty of rationale behind why so many regulars are missing.

I already have. thanks for your advice.

but a lot of which is "i'll watch it on the telly"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
i am struggling to understand the reticence of people wanting to go to this....its our biggest rivals, its the FA cup and its at home

Ok so he may put out a few second stringers, but it's Palace for gawd sake...if you can't get excited about palace at home......

Town have Bolton away....now that is a nothing game...

I don't give two f**ks about Palace or the FA Cup.

But really, the 100% truth is this: It's my time and my money and I'll choose how to spend both however I bloody well like and two fingers up to being viewed as less of a fan by people on the Internet I've never met.

Simple really.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Eh? Explain?

I assume you saw the post to which I was responding?? If you did, why would an explanation be at all necessary. The poster said that reasons for not going to the cup tie were that it was on the TV and 2 weeks after Xmas -the same reasons you could give for the league match v Bournemouth.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I assume you saw the post to which I was responding?? If you did, why would an explanation be at all necessary. The poster said that reasons for not going to the cup tie were that it was on the TV and 2 weeks after Xmas -the same reasons you could give for the league match v Bournemouth.
But that ignores the fact that most of us have season tickets and therefore the Bournemouth payment is not an extra.

*And I'm going btw*

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I cant believe how much sanctimonius clap trap there is on this thread and feeling the need to explain whether they want or dont want to go or indeed can or cant

People need to get off their high horses, it is quite simple, not every one can/will want to attend ever game ever. This I'm a better fan than you I got rained on at Gillingham to yeah but I was there for Palace in the cup in 2018 where were you JCL. It's quite odd

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
****ing part-time butterflies! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any chance that CH could let us know if he is going to take this seriously, and play a strong team,if not I may be tempted to watch it on TV. The Barnet Cup game was a complete snooze fest and I saw nothing from any of the development squad players to raise the pulse. This is Palace, we need to go out intending to win the game imo. If so, I will definitely be there, if not it’s tv for me. I guess I’m pissing in the wind expecting to know the squad in enough time for me to make a decision. :wink:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Two, possibly three of these reasons apply for the Bournemouth match - I presume you will be missing that too.

none of the reasons apply for Bournmouth though..... 1. Its part of my season ticket, I really cant afford to take me and my 2 lads straight after xmas, 2. it will be 2 sides with at lease 7 or 8 changes... 3. Idiot fans will make trouble...4. I can watch it on the box and remove all of these issues.

So nothing at all like the Bournemouth game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I already have. thanks for your advice.

but a lot of which is "i'll watch it on the telly"

Well you would when it’s on there? Been daft not if the other reasons cumulatively put you off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See 466

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Plentys of JCL's showing their true colours. lol How can anybody rather watch us on TV than in the flesh except for exceptional circumstances.

um, let's see.......sitting stationary in the coach park for nearly an hour, ready to go, but waiting for Palace coaches to fill up and go before us ?
115 mile drive back to Dorset, via diversions for road works on the M27, getting home about 2 am .............have made the point before, so make it yet again, not all STHs live in Brighton/Sussex.....and no, I'm not a glory hunting JCL !!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tricky one for me as ........ Do we want to win ???? We certainly don`t want a draw and replay !!! I will not be going even though I live within a couple of miles !!!!

Went to Chelsea,Newcastle to far for me, Looking forward to three points on monday !!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

But really, the 100% truth is this: It's my time and my money and I'll choose how to spend both however I bloody well like and two fingers up to being viewed as less of a fan by people on the Internet I've never met.

Simple really.

Beautifully put.
Some people need to get off the internet and get a life as it is bringing out their inner traffic warden. I will not be traveling down from Norfolk for a Monday night game whether it’s against Accrington Stanley, Crystal Palace or Real Madrid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m a JCL. Not going to Newcastle or Bournemouth games (we’re away)
Went to Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Swansea, Man U etc
Going to the Palace game - why ? It’s Palace, good chance to maybe see a couple (or 8 ?) of second-stringers in action, good chance to sit somewhere different from normal ST Seat etc

Really don’t give a **** whether people go or not. Some proper sanctimonious bollocks on this thread. Surely it’s personal choice ? Croydon morons, travel ballache, Christmas expense, on TV, first day back at work for many all perfectly valid reasons to swerve it if you want.

RowXintheNorth

Aug 12, 2011
Bishopstone
I read 11 pages of this and fast forwarded to the end of the thread because I became disinterested in some of the bitching. I've bought a ticket with the aim of supporting which ever team is fielded by CH, it'll give me a chance to see some lesser known players and it'll give CH the chance to explore options should they be needed for later in the season, including anyone that comes in early in the window. I was more undecided than usual because of the finance/Monday/aggravation/tv influences, I'd normally just buy a ticket as I love the FA cup and always have and that's what swung it for me. I'm hoping for a win and no grief from the Nigels. UTA :bhasign:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But that ignores the fact that most of us have season tickets and therefore the Bournemouth payment is not an extra.

*And I'm going btw*

Good that you are going! Yes, the season ticket covers the match on January 1st, of course it does. But the poster talked about the TV and the fact that it was 2 weeks after Xmas, and I was not sure that the reason might have been financial, which is understandable. Some posters recently have mentioned that it is their right to decide what they spend their hard-earned cash on, and I fully support that principle, even though I am disappointed that they do not wish to go. Others quote the rigours of long journeys which is also understandable. Talk of bad fan etc is not really fair, as there are so many criteria as to what constitutes a bad or good fan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Simple really.

It wasn't a personal critisim, it was merly an observation made on the internet on a message board infested with football fans :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like TV, some people like it more than me, some less. I occasionally enjoy playing PS4 and Xbox games, although I am not a hardcore gamer like some. I love the Albion, more than most people, yet obviously nowhere near as much as some do. There were times when I would never miss a game and football and the Albion were even more important to me than they are now. So f#*cking what? Fans that are looking down on others that don't want to pay to watch this fixture now, may very well find that at certain points in their lives, football may not be as important to them as it is now. It doesn't mean they are bad people. If you want to go, (and I am incidentally) enjoy it, if not that's fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here