Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It wasn't a personal critisim, it was merly an observation made on the internet on a message board infested with football fans :)

Of course :thumbsup:

Similarly, I was responding to you but my comment was more aimed at the ones who are making criticisms and casting aspersions.

Maybe I need a pint but threads like this always wind me up. The assumptions that everyone who supports the Albion has the same priorities, finances, distances etc etc

But then, as I say, I've never met any of the people on here so shouldn't let it wind me up.

...Yep, I'm going for a pint.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
the problem with that ( and I agree to some extent) is that we might as well scrap entry to all cup games for Premier sides as staying in the Premier is the be and end all of all football now.

So the logical conclusion is that once you get in the Prem, you only concentrate on that and do not concern yourselves with any trivial cup competitions.

there is no doubt it would save fans in the Prem heaps of money not having to go to these pesky cup games.

I wasn’t interested in the FAC when we were in the Championship either. Promotion and survival in divisions dominated my interest.

Despite the (understandable as they’re paying) hype, to many the cup means so littte these days. Don’t know why exactly, but it’s happened over the last 20 years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the 70s and 80s winning the FA Cup was almost on a par with winning Div 1. In the 80s we half expected an English team (with mainly British players) to with the European Cup. Changing the names of these competitions has really bug***** us up!
How times change

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Plentys of JCL's showing their true colours. lol How can anybody rather watch us on TV than in the flesh except for exceptional circumstances.

I already have. thanks for your advice.

but a lot of which is "i'll watch it on the telly"

Football matches being moved from weekends for TV has ruined the game for ticket buying fans ( I know this match is on a Monday for other reasons as well as TV)
But I can see some fans saying " if you can't beat them, join them" and watch matches on the box rather than take time off work and get home late because games are on weekdays.
I can't see any benefit for the ticket buying Albion or Palace fan having this game on a Monday.

I won't be watching on TV as I haven't got BT Sport or Sky Sports, but I can see why some will.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I wasn’t interested in the FAC when we were in the Championship either. Promotion and survival in divisions dominated my interest.

Despite the (understandable as they’re paying) hype, to many the cup means so littte these days. Don’t know why exactly, but it’s happened over the last 20 years.

The dagger in the heart of the FACup was when Man UTD pulled out of it to go to the world club championships. It seems crazy now, but it was the beginning of money over matches and it killed the cup.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The dagger in the heart of the FACup was when Man UTD pulled out of it to go to the world club championships. It seems crazy now, but it was the beginning of money over matches and it killed the cup.

This. And nothing else.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like TV, some people like it more than me, some less. I occasionally enjoy playing PS4 and Xbox games, although I am not a hardcore gamer like some. I love the Albion, more than most people, yet obviously nowhere near as much as some do. There were times when I would never miss a game and football and the Albion were even more important to me than they are now. So f#*cking what? Fans that are looking down on others that don't want to pay to watch this fixture now, may very well find that at certain points in their lives, football may not be as important to them as it is now. It doesn't mean they are bad people. If you want to go, (and I am incidentally) enjoy it, if not that's fine.

But I don't think the people who aren't going are saying that football is no longer important to them. They're just saying they're not interested in this particular fixture. I think what's surprising is just how many people are giving it a miss. Everyone has their reasons of course, but as someone who was actually pretty excited when the draw was made and bought a ticket immediately it's a bit hard to get my head round. I live in London so it will be a ball-ache travel-wise but I wouldn't consider not going. It's Palace in the Cup.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
But I don't think the people who aren't going are saying that football is no longer important to them. They're just saying they're not interested in this particular fixture. I think what's surprising is just how many people are giving it a miss. Everyone has their reasons of course, but as someone who was actually pretty excited when the draw was made and bought a ticket immediately it's a bit hard to get my head round. I live in London so it will be a ball-ache travel-wise but I wouldn't consider not going. It's Palace in the Cup.
Well said sir.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think a lot of people my age, I'm 50, would have been excited by this draw, were we still at the Goldstone. The fact that you could just roll up and leave with a relatively small amount of hassle would have been attractive. The police used to keep palace behind after the match for a while so the home fans would dissipate. Now we have the police holding up home fans for up to an hour after the game just so palace can get their train. Add to that that the trains won't be running for this one, and i can well see why so many are giving it a swerve.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think a lot of people my age, I'm 50, would have been excited by this draw, were we still at the Goldstone. The fact that you could just roll up and leave with a relatively small amount of hassle would have been attractive. The police used to keep palace behind after the match for a while so the home fans would dissipate. Now we have the police holding up home fans for up to an hour after the game just so palace can get their train. Add to that that the trains won't be running for this one, and i can well see why so many are giving it a swerve.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's not how I remember it at the Goldstone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

... in the Cup. You’d be surprised, many people have so little interest in the FAC.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

And nails in the coffin of the FA Cup-

Moving the final time from 3PM.
Not having the final as the very last game of the season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's not how I remember it at the Goldstone.

I presume you are referring to the away fans held behind after the match? I think it didn't happen early on in our rivalry but did by the end. I may be wrong though. But the police certainly didn't stop home fans from getting trains in my recollection.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Is there really not going to be any trains for this?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Originally Posted by Captain Sensible View Post

Completely wrong and the fact that so many people still think this was UTDs fault is one of the reasons why the cup has been killed. They were given no choice that year it was a year of a new world club cup competition that was MANDATORY and the media decided to blame UTD for it rather than the real culprits FIFA and UEFA. Much that I hate UTD this is one thing you cant blame them for.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

There's bound to be a service of some description and I wouldn't be surprised if the strike was called off anyway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
RMT strikes having very little impact on services. Given the small crowd, very likely the train experience will be much better than usual. Nice excuse for those looking for one not to attend, mind.

Personally, I still love the FACup and would actually prioritise it over the League. I'm enjoying the Prem but enjoyed the previous two seasons more in the Champ. More games, easier to get tickets, better atmospheres for away games. I also find it's easier to enjoy matches this season if I am not obsessing about relegation like so many on here. The whole financial thing is irrelevant for the fans - we don't have our noses in the trough

Recognise I am in the minority here. And anticipating some stick.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
RMT strikes having very little impact on services. Given the small crowd, very likely the train experience will be much better than usual. Nice excuse for those looking for one not to attend, mind.

Personally, I still love the FACup and would actually prioritise it over the League. I'm enjoying the Prem but enjoyed the previous two seasons more in the Champ. More games, easier to get tickets, better atmospheres for away games. I also find it's easier to enjoy matches this season if I am not obsessing about relegation like so many on here. The whole financial thing is irrelevant for the fans - we don't have our noses in the trough

Recognise I am in the minority here. And anticipating some stick.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This, away games must be getting sterile with the same old faces every other week. It used to be fun going away and seeing how many Albion rocked up lots are losing interest now as they can never get to an away game shame really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here