Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There has been a deliberate club and police strategy of making this fixture difficult to attend. It will be ironic if that results in regulars being replaced by what you call ‘genuine fans’ with the associated increase in chances of problems outside the ground.

I agree - it's almost as if the club don't want people to turn up to this one -£25 a ticket and only 5 loyalty points for a home cup game.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just a different name for the same thing. Doesn’t matter what you call it. We will have to agree to disagree I reckon. Anyway, we digress. We should make way for the super fans to get back on with the business of telling the rest of us what we should be doing.

No one's telling you to do anything.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Have you read the thread? There are plenty of people urging attendance in order to be a 'real' fan etc etc etc.

Not sure that is actually true - maybe you are just assuming that this is the attitude. For my part, I am disappointed that folk seemingly don't want to turn up, but fully accept that it is their right and there may well be a whole host of perfectly good reasons, although reasons such as the weather are really only excuses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure that is actually true - maybe you are just assuming that this is the attitude. For my part, I am disappointed that folk seemingly don't want to turn up, but fully accept that it is their right and there may well be a whole host of perfectly good reasons, although reasons such as the weather are really only excuses.

There are plenty of posts which have the attribute I allude to. There are also plenty of more reasonable posters like yourself.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Where is your source for the World Club Championship being mandatory ?
That’s not how I understand it. Manchester Utd pulled out after discussions with the FA and with the hope that by so doing England would be selected to host the 2006 World Cup. By making that choice Manchester Utd and the FA instantly devalued the FA Cup (as explained by @Captain Sensible )

If they did not attend there would have been sanctions from FIFA for not attending whether that would have been punishment to United or the English FA or both who knows (FIFA couldnt do much to United as they only govern world competitions). We didnt get the world cup anyway but they sure as hell would have wanted to punish us in some way. It was not Uniteds decision on their own as it has been made out and to not go they would have been vilified for that too.

If I misunderstood what @Captain Sensible was saying then I am sorry

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't know who started this binfest...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Yes it is.

Control freaks sticking their nose into other people's reasons for not going and criticising.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It does not look as if Palace have sold their allocation yet. Their website is showing away games at Southampton tomorrow and Arsenal on 20th Jan as being sold out but looks to be still tickets available for the cup match.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It does not look as if Palace have sold their allocation yet. Their website is showing away games at Southampton tomorrow and Arsenal on 20th Jan as being sold out but looks to be still tickets available for the cup match.

They haven't sold out Southampton, tickets are available on the gate tonight for them, just like they didn't sell out Swansea. Odd as they seem to be doing better of late.

Last edited:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.

I don't know about other supporters, But I would rather travel to Crawley and watch our under 23's play, then watch our fringe players against shitty palace again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't know about other supporters, But I would rather travel to Crawley and watch our under 23's play, then watch our fringe players against shitty palace again.

That is just weird.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I will be going...because it's Palace.

However I understand those that don't want to attend. I have been to the Sellhurst shithole many times over the years and I don't recall one game where we weren't either kept in the ground or sat in the coaches for a very long time after the game.

I find it very disappointing that our club does not reciprocate and keep the scum locked in until the home fans have dispersed. I would ask Barber why we don't do that, but life's too short!

For those who have been put off going because of the fracas at the league game, I am absolutely certain that Disney will have identified and issued banning orders to the scumbags who broke down the gates, assaulted the stewards and let off incendiary devices inside the ground.

I'm sure postcode boy or one of his cronies will be along shortly to enlighten us with the number of banning orders CPFC has issued.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Very weird given whenever I see an NSC starting XI before a game, half of the NSCers want to see these 'fringe' players in action!

Personally, I don't see our fringe being that fringe anymore by standard at least, quite looking forward to seeing how this lot get on if CH plays a fully changed side, still a very decent team!:

Krul

Schletto / Rosenior
Hunemeier
Goldson
Bong / Suttner

March
Kayal
Molumby
Brown

Baldock
Hemed

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
those that attend will get it.

Some of the bests atmospheres have been when the fair weathers stay away.

Everyone there will care

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here