Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What is embarrassing is "fans" directly tweeting Tomori telling him to **** off back to Chelsea, he's 19 years old he's going to make mistakes.

It's like 90% of Brighton fans love someone to bitch and moan about, as if his confidence wasn't shot already he's getting abused by some dick hiding behind a keyboard.

i even remember back to the Goldstone days how large sections of the crowd were so intolerant.......it didn't take long for people to start freaking out if things started going wrong.......although this is undoubtedly a shit result there are plenty of other casualties of note in this and other divisions.....i only want promotion so Mr Bloom can get some of his money back....premier league football leaves me cold these days.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What is embarrassing is "fans" directly tweeting Tomori telling him to **** off back to Chelsea, he's 19 years old he's going to make mistakes.

It's like 90% of Brighton fans love someone to bitch and moan about, as if his confidence wasn't shot already he's getting abused by some dick hiding behind a keyboard.

Seriously? Are there actually people doing that ? That's disgraceful. Footballers shouldn't bother with twitter.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property', Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

Here's an idea; if you're going to play in a football match - actually try!

It's been a while since I've felt so overwhelmingly angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

They played with heart, passion, desire and no little talent. So well done to them, but we made it all too easy with that feeble reposte... or lack thereof!

One word for Thursday: momentum.

Today is the day, Chris will come to rue.

Oh come on Kosh. You're going to need a bumper pack of Pampers if thats how you take defeat of a run-out team in a comp none of us want to be in at the moment. What are you going to do when we lose in the league? Give up? Pull yourself together and get behind our boys for the important stuff FFS. :tantrum:punish:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Oh come on Kosh. You're going to need a bumper pack of Pampers if thats how you take defeat of a run-out team in a comp none of us want to be in at the moment. What are you going to do when we lose in the league? Give up? Pull yourself together and get behind our boys for the important stuff FFS. :tantrum:punish:

You're not speaking for me.

I'd rather have been in the 5th round draw today rather than go out to a non-League team.

I wanted to be in it

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
You're not speaking for me.

I'd rather have been in the 5th round draw today rather than go out to a non-League team.

I wanted to be in it

Opinion is probably split fairly evenly on this, quite a few people, me included were happy for Brighton to field a weakened team and go out to Non league opposition as long as no one got injured. It's a competition we were never going to win and fixture congestion could have been detrimental to our promotion chances, look at Newcastle and Leeds as well, they obviously thought the same way. It's not a freak result that 3 of the top four teams in the championship got beaten by teams way lower in the league, it's by design.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I suppose 'tis indeed a new dawn today, one of grim acceptance of defeat, and onward to the more decisive encounter... We hold the high ground, lest we become encircled and besieged... In the temple of Mithras I doth kneel and pray... To the power of the Gods of yore I call... As it is surely only they who can turn the tide, and only they who can prove the stark and terrible omens I bore witness to, are nowt but a fey glance from the eyes of the faithless.

Is that better?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Opinion is probably split fairly evenly on this, quite a few people, me included were happy for Brighton to field a weakened team and go out to Non league opposition as long as no one got injured. It's a competition we were never going to win and fixture congestion could have been detrimental to our promotion chances, look at Newcastle and Leeds as well, they obviously thought the same way. It's not a freak result that 3 of the top four teams in the championship got beaten by teams way lower in the league, it's by design.

By this reckoning then if we get promotion to the Premier League this season and using your "It's a competition we were never going to win" we might as well just hide behind the sofa and suck our thumbs rather than give it our best shot.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
By this reckoning then if we get promotion to the Premier League this season and using your "It's a competition we were never going to win" we might as well just hide behind the sofa and suck our thumbs rather than give it our best shot,

Sorry, I can't reply to that, I've read it three times and still cannot work out what you are trying to say!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sorry, I can't reply to that, I've read it three times and still cannot work out what you are trying to say!

I think, the gist is, if we go up... We're never likely to win the premier league, so why bother.

The FA cup however will become suddenly re-relevant.

That's why I can't let it go, this and Lincoln had other priorities too... like winning the National League, did they prioritise returning to the FL?!? Didn't look that way to me...

Sidwell was spot on. Embarrassing, from attitude to application. A disgrace to the competition frankly, alas we're not alone.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

If you read it - and I've quoted you - your stance is that we are better off out of a competition that we cannot win.

In all likelihood we will not be in a position to compete for the title in the Premier League if promoted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think, the gist is, if we go up... We're never likely to win the premier league, so why bother.

That's why I can't let it go, this and Lincoln had other priorities too... like winning the National League, did they prioritise returning to the FL?!? Didn't look that way to me...

Sidwell was spot on. Embarrassing, from attitude to application. A disgrace to the competition frankly, alas we're not alone.
We bother because of the £20 million cheque Tony currently writes each season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We bother because of the £20 million cheque Tony currently writes each season.

No, I'd like to go up - what's with you, huh? You seem determined to be a prick.

Anyway if we go up, with our current spending power we're Stoke II, so we're not likely (last year accepted) to win it. I just hope Tony gets a return on his huge and magnificent re-birth of the club.

The point here is, that Saturday was a serious misjudgement and now one of the senior players has admitted as much. Bouncing back will not be so easy.

We should have played to win.

JDMariner

Jan 30, 2017
Good old Sussex
I'm sure this has been said elsewhere but the only truly bad thing to come out of Saturday was the fact our number 2 keeper got injured. Hopefully not as bad as first thought but still a concern we could do without. I personally wouldn't have been upset if we'd gone out against MK Dons, full focus is and should be on promotion - we can have our 38 'cup finals' next year and at the same time get the cash injection to keep us strong as a club. Winning another round or two in the cup this year or even winning the thing wouldn't give us anywhere near as much back in return in the long run.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, I'd like to go up - what's with you, huh? You seem determined to be a prick.

Anyway if we go up, with our current spending power we're Stoke II, so we're not likely (last year accepted) to win it. I just hope Tony gets a return on his huge and magnificent re-birth of the club.

The point here is, that Saturday was a serious misjudgement and now one of the senior players has admitted as much. Bouncing back will not be so easy.

We should have played to win.

Nice.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We as fans hardly sent a message to the players of how seriously we are taking the cup that despite cut price tickets, we only had to open 1/3rd of the ground for the 3rd round. I think WE showed where our priorities lay in that regard long before the players walked out at Lincoln.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here