Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Must have been checking out Hogan. Not a lot of service to the latter TBF...

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Southampton striker Shane Long, 29, and Brentford's Scott Hogan, 24, have emerged as alternative January targets for West Ham if they cannot prise first-choice Jermain Defoe, 34, away from Sunderland. (Sunday Telegraph)

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hogan may be a good finisher, but he works way less hard than Baldock. Watching him closely yesterday, he got little service, but generated little for himself either. You can never accuse Baldy of that.

I think CH was there to check out Brentford, who we play in a month's time, rather than Hogan.

PG

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hogan may be a good finisher, but he works way less hard than Baldock. Watching him closely yesterday, he got little service, but generated little for himself either.

He also assumes many of the same positions as Murray (in & around 6 yard box/penalty spot). We can't have two players in those areas.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure Albion were ever looking at him. We have the squad we need- that was sorted in the summer.

I suspect that we may bring in the number 10 we are after in January. But, given that we can take the pick of top flight loans, I'm not sure that it will be a permanent signing.

Money doesn't grow on trees.

If that happens I would put in a £5m bid to Norwich for the lad who chose them over us in the summer. That would be a right ''**** you'' to Norwich if we could get him for a knock down price. He can hardly get a game for Norwich but I think they only went for him because they had been failing massively in the transfer market since CH left them and they probably thought that if CH wants him he must be good.

The difference is. We have a Manager who knows where Pritchard would have fitted into our system. Norwich have a ''pub team'' manager who is way out of his depth and hadn't a clue why they were buying him. Alex Neil got Norwich promoted with CHs team of players but as soon as he has needed to find his own players he has failed miserably.

They gave a £1m improved contract to someone who had just got Norwich relegated. You reap what you sow as they say.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
If that happens I would put in a £5m bid to Norwich for the lad who chose them over us in the summer. That would be a right ''**** you'' to Norwich if we could get him for a knock down price. He can hardly get a game for Norwich but I think they only went for him because they had been failing massively in the transfer market since CH left them and they probably thought that if CH wants him he must be good.

The difference is. We have a Manager who knows where Pritchard would have fitted into our system. Norwich have a ''pub team'' manager who is way out of his depth and hadn't a clue why they were buying him. Alex Neil got Norwich promoted with CHs team of players but as soon as he has needed to find his own players he has failed miserably.

They gave a £1m improved contract to someone who had just got Norwich relegated. You reap what you sow as they say.
Pritchard? Really? Are you sure? No, no, no, no, no. Unless he's prepared to read out a pre-prepared, comprehensive, grovelling apology for his greed and stupidity, in front of 25,000 fans pitch side before he's allowed to even put his boots on, and accept a wage of £50 a week for the privilege of playing for us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pritchard? Really? Are you sure? No, no, no, no, no. Unless he's prepared to read out a pre-prepared, comprehensive, grovelling apology for his greed and stupidity, in front of 25,000 fans pitch side before he's allowed to even put his boots on, and accept a wage of £50 a week for the privilege of playing for us.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL - I knew someone would respond like that to a suggestion like mine BUT Pritchard is a potentially brilliant Premier player of the future, so the end justifies the means for me but I appreciate many others won't see it like that and the Manager and the Chairman probably feel that way as well because they were the ones who put the time and effort into trying to sign him in the summer only to get a ''slap in the face'' so I quite understand your point

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think CH was there to check out Brentford, who we play in a month's time, rather than Hogan.

PG

I can't buy that one. If he really wanted to watch a game featuring our upcoming opponents he would have gone to Preston V Sheffield Wed. Two out of the next 4 opponents - and in the right context. Unless he didn't fancy the traveling.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I can't buy that one. If he really wanted to watch a game featuring our upcoming opponents he would have gone to Preston V Sheffield Wed. Two out of the next 4 opponents - and in the right context. Unless he didn't fancy the traveling.

It's probably as simple as he lives in London and didn't want to spend nye travelling. They have video's of all games anyway but thought he would take chance to see a local game

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

You obviously didn't watch Prickhard in yesterday's game at Brentford. He played one decent pass, otherwise gave the ball away and wandered around doing little. On that showing he wouldn't make our bench.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL - I knew someone would respond like that to a suggestion like mine BUT Pritchard is a potentially brilliant Premier player of the future, so the end justifies the means for me but I appreciate many others won't see it like that and the Manager and the Chairman probably feel that way as well because they were the ones who put the time and effort into trying to sign him in the summer only to get a ''slap in the face'' so I quite understand your point

I'd take him. He's made an error, badly advised, call it what you will........ greed....

But would suit us and improve the team.

A grovelling apology including the word 'mistake' would also help.

Murray seems to have done fairly well on his return and I was more irked when he went to Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You obviously didn't watch Prickhard in yesterday's game at Brentford. He played one decent pass, otherwise gave the ball away and wandered around doing little. On that showing he wouldn't make our bench.

I didn't see the game but he is playing under a Manager who wouldn't recognise a good player if he punched him in the eye. A good manager can do well with average players but a bad Manager would struggle to get Cristiano Ronaldo to perform. Alex Neil has totally lost it. He is chopping and changing the team week after week to try and find a solution - Instead he should be sticking with the good players and working to find a system to suit them and then coach them well

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'd take him. He's made an error, badly advised, call it what you will........ greed....

But would suit us and improve the team.

A grovelling apology including the word 'mistake' would also help.

Murray seems to have done fairly well on his return and I was more irked when he went to Palace.

Well he's hardly going to accept a 20% paycut to come back here on the contract we offered him as clearly the only thing he's interested in is money, so I wouldn't worry about us ever signing him. Just hope he goes on to be a failure and regret being a greedy little (insert expletive).

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

As he was starting I kept an eye out for him. He doesn't drop back to defend when needed, spends a lot of time spectating and waves his arms around a lot when he feels a foul has been committed. He was doing this when one of their players was through on goal and looked likely to score. The ref didn't whistle and the player didn't score.

I'm really glad we didn't sign him based on what I've seen so far.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well he's hardly going to accept a 20% paycut to come back here on the contract we offered him as clearly the only thing he's interested in is money, so I wouldn't worry about us ever signing him. Just hope he goes on to be a failure and regret being a greedy little (insert expletive).

Stranger things have happened.

That said, as per your last sentence, it is abundantly clear what his motivation is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here