Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So they were fvcking born here , they don't regard themselves as British , and you're deluded if you do.

Wait, that's not clear. Are you saying I'm deluded if I regard myself as British or I'm deluded if I regard them as British? Because both are dumb statements.

They were British. That's a hard fact. Born here = British. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is often a core rhetoric of the anti-immigration mob, is it not?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wait, that's not clear. Are you saying I'm deluded if I regard myself as British or I'm deluded if I regard them as British? Because both are dumb statements.

They were British. That's a hard fact. Born here = British. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is often a core rhetoric of the anti-immigration mob, is it not?
When you're highly religious nothing else matters bar your god....where you live or where you're born is irrelevant to these people.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just having a quick think but you'd like to think various security agencies and the like would be on the case.

Difficult to work up a case on some nutcase getting into a lorry and driving it into a market though, eh? What would you suggest? Only allowing people of non-Islamic faiths access to driving licenses?

You don't need a driving licence to steal a vehicle! Only allowing people of non-Islamic faiths access to Europe, although ethically unacceptable, might have worked better - but, as I said, ethically unacceptable, and anyway, that horse is well and truly bolted now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok the truck must have taken a wrong turn then, and the brakes failed and I guess the driver was so horrified he had been part of this horrific accident in front of a church he ran off because he was so scared.....

Speculation is part of good journalism I thought...

Guess I'm wrong, let's not mention Islam, or terrorist or God forbid immigrant and the implications that would have in Germany and their leader at all until we know for certain.
You're blathering.

The BBC will talk about the perpetrator when they know who it is.
The moment the BBC does report those details, we will know them as fact.

Not only that, we will also know all the possible background facts that are currently being put together.

I appreciate we're moving away from fact based journalism, which is why it's so important BBC News holds onto it's integrity.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Am I allowed to say that these days ?

You are.

Under Fascist Germany, Communist China, The Soviet Union, Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia you wouldn't be though. Quite a good argument for liberal democratic centrism that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

You're deluded if you regard them as British, and the ghettos they live in are just recreations of.the countries they or their parents.originate.from but with social housing, benefits and health care.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You're blathering.

Not only that, we will also know all the possible background facts that are currently being put together.

I appreciate we're moving away from fact based journalism, which is why it's so important BBC News holds onto it's integrity.

Berlin police confirm 9 dead. Driver arrested

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/12/19/one-dead-lorry-plows-berlin-christmas-market/

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
You're blathering.

Fact based journalism may disappear if Mosley (spelling) gets his way. BBC fact based don't make me laugh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If they were born here, they were not immigrants. Fact! If that bollox's up your "a core rhetoric of the anti-immigration mob" mantra, then I'm frightfully sorry.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You're blathering.

Surely your allowed to speculate as part of journalism, genuine question ?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
You're deluded if you regard them as British, and the ghettos they live in are just recreations of.the countries they or their parents.originate.from but with social housing, benefits and health care.

Eh you're the deluded one they were British ffs regardless where there parents are from. If I am born in Wales and my parents are English I'm still Welsh eh

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quick question for the mods; do you see these topics and think "Good grief this could be a long night" ?

I wouldn't presume I speak for everyone (unlike, it seems, a few on here) but yes, yes I do :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
German paper Die Welt claims that the man arrested by police is of Chechen origin. The National Criminal Police Office (LKA) say that the dead passenger may have either died during the incident or may have been shot beforehand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely your allowed to speculate as part of journalism, genuine question ?
Why bother, when the facts are going to be produced quickly.

Isn't 9 dead, x injured, memories of France, enough news for you, for the moment?
Why do you need to add guesswork into the equation?

Edit - Post #108 says it much better than I do.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here