Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - FA Cup

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ok, if you're really that anal that you have to sit in the same seat ... fair enough, I can't really argue against that. At least you admit you're a minority. (I wouldn't have thought there would be anybody with that view, but I stand corrected). But apart from that you're trying to have your cake and eat it. Have they'devalued' it by reducing the price or 'promoted' it? If they were charging full whack AND only opening part of the ground then I'd agree that that was bad; but they're trying to promote an extremely unglamourous match in a competition that most fans (sadly) don't care about without losing any more money than they have to. You can't please everybody, but I thought those that were displeased might at least understand the club's position. Again I appear to be mistaken.

No you're correct i don't understand the clubs position , rather than trying to promote the game in a positive way they have basically said meh ! east or west like it or lump it , so in my eyes yes they have devalued it , brilliant promotional strategy . I agree with you you can't please everybody but not opening the northstand for this makes no sense at all , financial or otherwise , and just to clear something up this is not about ME sitting in the seat i want to sit in i'm not a season ticket holder so i move around the stadium from game to game all the time , it's purely my point of view , right or wrong .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In will leave it late to decide. If my normal ticket was on sale, I might already have bought it.

Probably go. Pity Lualua will be missing. That might have made the difference.

(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In will leave it late to decide. If my normal ticket was on sale, I might already have bought it.

Why will Lualua be missing?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.

I thought Kaz was back from suspension for the FA cup game?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Think the thread needs a poll, to see if numbers going could be gaged, so the club could plan accordingly :wave:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Are the away supporters going in E1G & E1H?

Sent out EMails to work out the new seats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just curious - how do you go from visiting every away game, to presumably visiting none? If it's health related then fair enough.

At the risk of sounding curt, it sounds very much like you've fallen out of love, so i'm not really sure your opinion that the club should chaffeur you to and from the ground and carry you to and from your 'own' seat because you don't like the FA cup is something the club should use as feedback.

To be honest, up until the last couple of years, I must have been to hundreds of away game in the 44 years I have been supporting brighton. In the 70's and 80's, I had almost full seasons home and away and helping out with the junior seagulls managed to miss only a couple of games when we were at gillingham. I used to go with my daughter and brother in law, but as she went to Uni, I found that I didn't really have people to go with. Certainly when moving to the Amex, apart from Woodingdean Seagull( the very much missed tony langridge) and mates from work, I didn't really have anyone to go with and so interest waned. Playing golf every Saturday morning with new found mates, meant that getting to home games can be tricky if we have matches against other golf clubs.

I don't think you are being curt at all. I make my own way to the ground and park in the virgin club ( and normally use the pool or cafe before making my way over to the ground) and have done since the Amex opened, so I don't use the travel subsidy and don't expect to be " chauffeured" by the club at all and have never use daily the transport option. I do not expect the club to be remotely interested in my opinion and would not offer it to them. I know people who use the transport option and have extremely good experiences.

Yes you are right..over the years my interest has waned, but I am as passionate about the club as the poor sods who are in earshot of me in the northstand, however these days they are not the be and end all and as I said earlier, if we went up that would be fantastic as I have only seen us in the top division for the 4/5 years we were there (I only missed 8 away games in that time) and with Rory and Ernest used to go overseas when we had tours....I recall a few hairy times in Belgium!

So I know this sounds sanctimonious twaddle, but hopefully that explains where I am coming from and I really do think that if the north stand was open, I would have gone along again to see mates. I am not sure sitting in another part of the ground not knowing anyone ( like the middlesboro beam back is much fun really)

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Does anyone know why/if we can't use Brighton and Hove Albion ticket gift vouchers for this fixture online? I could use one for a normal league fixture by redeeming it online, but when I go to it for the FA Cup game it doesn't give me the option too?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems the hope is for Kayal to feature, but it'll be too soon for Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here