Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Odds Tracker

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Really? We're still ahead of them, and who knows how they will react to 2 consecutive defeats (I know the Cup was a reserve team) and the number of games they have to play. I know we're understandably focussed on BHAFC, but they are under just as much pressure.

Am not trying to be negative, just think 4/1 is a pretty decent price considering our recent form, Duffy now being out and the very real possibility that Dunk will miss three of the final games. Also, we need to see how we respond to two consecutive defeats (Both our first team!) If I remember rightly a little while ago we had an eleven point cushion, which is now down to six and they have a game in hand, they're reeling us in. I hope as much as everyone else on here that they come unstuck and hit bad form at the same time as we pick it back up. But to be honest, removing my Albion tinted glasses, I think you could pretty much flick a coin on it as it currently stands.
Of course if we hump Rotherham and Villa manage a result against them, I think it swings back in our favour, but I guess that's all 'ifs' and 'buts'.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Am not trying to be negative, just think 4/1 is a pretty decent price considering our recent form, Duffy now being out and the very real possibility that Dunk will miss three of the final games. Also, we need to see how we respond to two consecutive defeats (Both our first team!) If I remember rightly a little while ago we had an eleven point cushion, which is now down to six and they have a game in hand, they're reeling us in. I hope as much as everyone else on here that they come unstuck and hit bad form at the same time as we pick it back up. But to be honest, removing my Albion tinted glasses, I think you could pretty much flick a coin on it as it currently stands.
Of course if we hump Rotherham and Villa manage a result against them, I think it swings back in our favour, but I guess that's all 'ifs' and 'buts'.

I know what you mean!

All we need to do is match Huddersfields results, with the cushion our GD is better. They can even win the game in hand they have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know what you mean!

All we need to do is match Huddersfields results, with the cushion our GD is better. They can even win the game in hand they have.

If only...

If we both have an average / below average run you can bet your bottom doller one of Leeds / Reading or Massive will go on some sort of winning streak and overtake - it's NOT a 2 horse race for second as many seem to think unfortunately...

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I said about Leeds on Friday and nobody seemed too bothered - still got to go there - they win their next 3 and will be right on us...

They, thankfully, have to travel to Fulham tomorrow night. That's no easy fixture! Fulham are in form, won 5 of their last 6 league games & now 5 points off play offs with a game in hand. Hopefully we will be 10 points clear of Leeds tomorrow evening.

If, however, Leeds do win their next 3...

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Better off betting on Huddersfield top 2 at 4/1.

Maybe, but can't rule out Leeds totally just yet. Imagine feeling gutted about us missing out on top2 AND losing money!!
Any negative bets probably best placed after tomorrow night.
If we win our next 2, which we really ought to, then we will be much bigger odds wise. Not sure I could bet against us, even to soften the blow...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe, but can't rule out Leeds totally just yet. Imagine feeling gutted about us missing out on top2 AND losing money!!
Any negative bets probably best placed after tomorrow night.
If we win our next 2, which we really ought to, then we will be much bigger odds wise. Not sure I could bet against us, even to soften the blow...

Nope I couldn't. I'd rather not have the £100 or whatever. I just looked on 365 & they still have us as big favs for promotion. Not sure whether to follow their confidence or my own diminishing faith (the Duffy thing & possible Dunk thing has really worried me...!)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They, thankfully, have to travel to Fulham tomorrow night. That's no easy fixture! Fulham are in form, won 5 of their last 6 league games & now 5 points off play offs with a game in hand. Hopefully we will be 10 points clear of Leeds tomorrow evening.

If, however, Leeds do win their next 3...
Also they have Newcastle away and Sheffield Wednesday I think, maybe even reading too?

Fulham beating them will end their hopes should we win.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The massive disparity of odds in us being big favourites over say Huddersfield, reflects cash flows of bets over the season when we were on fire and our points in the bag.

The reality here and now of our injuries, our loss of momentum and the closing of the points gap from two months ago, makes the Huddersfield top two bet a good buy I think.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Also they have Newcastle away and Sheffield Wednesday I think, maybe even reading too?

Fulham beating them will end their hopes should we win.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Agree, if they lose tomorrow(or even draw), coupled with us winning at Rotherham, it would give them a huge task etc. They indeed still have to play away to Toon(& Reading). Their last 4 all look winnable, but hopefully that won't be an issue to us by then

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The massive disparity of odds in us being big favourites over say Huddersfield, reflects cash flows of bets over the season when we were on fire and our points in the bag.

The reality here and now of our injuries, our loss of momentum and the closing of the points gap from two months ago, makes the Huddersfield top two bet a good buy I think.
Is that really how mass football betting works out every season? The popular punted teams always go significantly too short and the unfashionable, or later to the party, teams are always much longer than they really should be? Seems an easy market in which to make very good value bets.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that really how mass football betting works out every season? The popular punted teams always go significantly too short and the unfashionable, or later to the party, teams are always much longer than they really should be? Seems an easy market in which to make very good value bets.

Agree with that about the obvious clubs. The odds on Villa and Newcastle going straight up were awful last August and Sept, plus I suppose their larger fan bases led to far more bets than on the likes of Brighton - giving the short odds.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Agree with that about the obvious clubs. The odds on Villa and Newcastle going straight up were awful last August and Sept, plus I suppose their larger fan bases led to far more bets than on the likes of Brighton - giving the short odds.
Anyone who bet on Newcastle at the awful odds will be quite happy...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here