Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yeah I would definitely be happy to have him at least until the end of the season, he is a prove goal scorer, seems to be a good laugh and has bags of experience to offer to the team. Its almost a no brainer if the money is right.

If we are without Murray for a stretch of games then thats potentially quite a few goals going missing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll sign Keane on a 6 month deal. And I think even at his age he'd be great for us if injury free. Won't be starting many games but good competition and back up for Baldock and a good lad to have around the dressing room. Knows Hughton and Duffy well to name just 2. If you were a player that late in your career and got an opportunity to be part of a promotion push with a club with facilities like ours, even as a bit part player, you'd surely jump at that opportunity...!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sunderland could bring in Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott - who have a combined ages of 70. Keane, 36, is a free agent after leaving LA Galaxy and is expected to begin talks next week, while Lescott, 34, has been training with the Wearsiders after leaving AEK Athens. (Express)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Problem is Robbie Keane doesn't seem in a rush to sign for someone, can we afford to wait for him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll sign Keane on a 6 month deal. And I think even at his age he'd be great for us if injury free. Won't be starting many games but good competition and back up for Baldock and a good lad to have around the dressing room. Knows Hughton and Duffy well to name just 2. If you were a player that late in your career and got an opportunity to be part of a promotion push with a club with facilities like ours, even as a bit part player, you'd surely jump at that opportunity...!

I hope you are correct and dangle a 1 year contract in the Premier in front of him to secure it as he would be a capable squad player next season when we get promoted.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Problem is Robbie Keane doesn't seem in a rush to sign for someone, can we afford to wait for him?

We don't really need anyone until after the cup game.

He makes his decision next week

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sunderland could bring in Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott - who have a combined ages of 70. Keane, 36, is a free agent after leaving LA Galaxy and is expected to begin talks next week, while Lescott, 34, has been training with the Wearsiders after leaving AEK Athens. (Express)

Are they actually trying to get relegated?
Moyes is one of the biggest myths in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here