Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If people want to got to France from Dover, and accept all that entails then that’s their call…….there are other routes to France as there are other countries to holiday in.

If you go to Thailand you may get malaria, so you will need to get a malaria jab. If you don’t want to get a jab or risk malaria then don’t go to Thailand, you should go to a country which has a zero malaria risk.

If you go to France via Dover in the peak holiday season theres a risk the French may play silly buggers at the border check. If you don’t want to risk delays at Dover, go from a different port, or go to a country which doesn’t play silly buggers at the border…….like Portugal.

I appreciate this is difficult for you to digest, however it is quite simple.
In what way is it difficult for him to digest? He hasn't had the chance to misunderstand any of that has he? His original point was an entirely different one - that travelling to the EU via air to land in Portugal cannot be compared to a channel crossing from our biggest port - Dover. Your solution to this appears to be "well go somewhere else then", which surely only the most brilliant of minds will have considered before now, and doesn't feel anything like yet another pointless shambolic inconvenience so that moronic Brexit headbangers can feel good about their decision.

It's at this point you like to bullshit to back up your argument. What misleading article are you going to post this time? I can hardly wait.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As time passes and chaos piles on chaos, more and more people will just start laughing at Brexit.

It didn't have to be this way. A Brexit within the Single Market would have fulfilled the mandate and could well have been up and running smoothly by now.

Lol. What a joke it is becoming.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The French aren't playing silly buggers or do you think the Spanish are too?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ists-able-prove-spend-85-day-enter-Spain.html

UK Foreign Office guidelines states: 'Border guards will use passport stamps to check you're complying with the 90-day visa-free limit for short stays in the Schengen area. If relevant entry or exit stamps are not in your passport, border guards will presume that you have overstayed your visa-free limit.'

The same €100 per-day requirement also applies to people applying for Schengen visas from Spain. The daily required means on subsistence for Schengen visa applicants differs between each EU and Schengen country.

In Belgium, for example, Schengen visa applicants must prove they have €95 pet day if they are staying in a hotel, and at least €45 if staying at cheaper accommodation.

In France, the minimum daily amount is €120 if the arriving tourist has no proof of pre-paid accommodation. If the accommodation has been prepaid, that amount drops to €65 per day.

I am not disputing the article, I am saying that isn’t applying in Portugal……again.

According to travel adviser Paul Charles, CEO of the PC Agency, "Portugal is obviously leading the way in recognising that they have to process vast numbers of British visitors as seamlessly as possible, otherwise there would be long queues this summer."

Countries in the EU or out the EU can do what they please…….if Spain or France want to make it more difficult for U.K. tourists that’s up to them.

Portugal have acted differently…….good for them, we have a choice in the EU holiday market. Good news I am sure you will agree.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tut tut…..this bullshit is directly from the EU, over 800 infringements they are investigating of which Germany is at the top table.

I couldn’t care less it’s up to the EU member states to decide what they want to spend their money on, however capitalism will out, and with Germany now in trade deficit territory I can’t see them making exports to the U.K. more difficult.

You think they will…..fine.
Germany was responsible for 48 infringements according to that article. Doesn't seem that regular for a country of 85m people despite your gleeful bullshit suggesting otherwise.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If people want to got to France from Dover, and accept all that entails then that’s their call…….there are other routes to France as there are other countries to holiday in.

If you go to Thailand you may get malaria, so you will need to get a malaria jab. If you don’t want to get a jab or risk malaria then don’t go to Thailand, you should go to a country which has a zero malaria risk.

If you go to France via Dover in the peak holiday season theres a risk the French may play silly buggers at the border check. If you don’t want to risk delays at Dover, go from a different port, or go to a country which doesn’t play silly buggers at the border…….like Portugal.

It may indeed be simple. But certainly not as simple as your post is irrelevant to the Chaos at Dover :facepalm:

It's just that your whataboutism is getting so ...... desperate :lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

It is your prerogative to go off on irrelevant tangents, but nobody is disputing that customers have choices.

However, there is nothing in your comment that constitutes a semblance of a counter argument to the thrust of this thread - that the chaos at Dover is down to changes in border procedures due to Brexit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not disputing the article, I am saying that isn’t applying in Portugal……again.

According to travel adviser Paul Charles, CEO of the PC Agency, "Portugal is obviously leading the way in recognising that they have to process vast numbers of British visitors as seamlessly as possible, otherwise there would be long queues this summer."

Countries in the EU or out the EU can do what they please…….if Spain or France want to make it more difficult for U.K. tourists that’s up to them.

Portugal have acted differently…….good for them, we have a choice in the EU holiday market. Good news I am sure you will agree.

They aren't playing silly buggers but entitled to treat British as a 3rd country.
Countries can choose how they treat tourists even though they are members of the EU, so it isn't being totalitarian.

Britain asks tourists to provide evidence of £100 a day.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It may indeed be simple. But certainly not as simple as your post is irrelevant to the Chaos at Dover :facepalm:

It's just that your whataboutism is getting so ...... desperate :lolol:

My thoughts exactly. The desperation has now moved into a new phase - malaria in Thailand, although we have had the West Indies, Monaco, and Faro in Portugal already.

I'm looking forward to where next the Brexiteers' worldwide odyssey will take us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In what way is it difficult for him to digest? He hasn't had the chance to misunderstand any of that has he? His original point was an entirely different one - that travelling to the EU via air to land in Portugal cannot be compared to a channel crossing from our biggest port - Dover. Your solution to this appears to be "well go somewhere else then", which surely only the most brilliant of minds will have considered before now, and doesn't feel anything like yet another pointless shambolic inconvenience so that moronic Brexit headbangers can feel good about their decision.

It's at this point you like to bullshit to back up your argument. What misleading article are you going to post this time? I can hardly wait.

These Brexiteers....they remind me of the 'Black Knight" :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhbHvxWrA

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It can't be a coincidence that I just received this:

e7b05db7-2c40-42ed-be91-2b4b853a91a9.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They aren't playing silly buggers but entitled to treat British as a 3rd country.
Countries can choose how they treat tourists even though they are members of the EU, so it isn't being totalitarian.

Britain asks tourists to provide evidence of £100 a day.
That's marvellous, I don't even get £100 a day myself....maybe I can be deported somewhere cheaper and more fun ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It can't be a coincidence that I just received this:

View attachment 150345

I can't help but think maybe that was where it all went wrong. I wonder, if on the 24th June 2016, if all the Remainers had said 'yes you are winners and we are silly old losers' then we could have got on with negotiating a sensible mature exit from the EU minimising the effect of shooting ourselves in both feet because it was really all about certain people getting a very rare 'win'.

Certainly facts and evidence don't work so maybe 'the win' was the all ?

I've evidently given this more thought than some of the accounts who post on this subject on NSC :laugh:

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I can't help but think maybe that was where it all went wrong. I wonder, if on the 24th June 2016, if all the Remainers had said 'yes you are winners and we are silly old losers' then we could have got on with negotiating a sensible mature exit from the EU minimising the effect of shooting ourselves in both feet because it was really all about certain people getting a very rare 'win'.

I've evidently given this more thought than some of the accounts who post on this subject on NSC :laugh:

That was Parliament's job - they failed miserably and we are where we are.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That was Parliament's job - they failed miserably and we are where we are.

So maybe you could outline the 'good deal' that they were meant to negotiate :wink:

I'm off for the football, come on the lionesses :thumbsup:

(I'll check tomorrow for a response)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So maybe you could outline the 'good deal' that they were meant to negotiate :wink:

I'm off for the football, come on the lionesses :thumbsup:

(I'll check tomorrow for a response)

No thanks. I am not rising to that - that discussion has been done to death and is entirely pointless. I made clear earlier in this thread what I think should happen to attempt to mitigate the issues raised in this thread. Enjoy the football.

Last edited:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

I'm sure you and hwt are very comfortable thank-you very much

Both of you come across as condescending pricks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here