Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fair point but for me personally any delay risks the possibility of not actually leaving.

I mean...we've already left. It literally already happened. The Union Flag no longer flies outside the European Commission building in Brussels. We're out.How can you delay something which has already taken place?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I mean...we've already left. It literally already happened. The Union Flag no longer flies outside the European Commission building in Brussels. We're out.How can you delay something which has already taken place?

It really does make one ponder upon how aware people were during the Brexit process? If people don't even know we've already left, did they know what on earth they were voting for? Well, no. None of them did.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

It is a novel solution to the problem. Just tell the thickos that we've left by throwing a big leaving party, banging on Big Ben a few times and minting some commemorative 50ps. Then actually subtly stay in economically, while paying contributions but now having no say in how it's run. Keep it a rolling yearly contract so we can keep pretending that we're actually properly STILL gonna leave the EU economically as well until a few years down the line people say "where did this annual tradition of renewing our single market membership come from? Can't we just sign a paper that allows us to stay in it permanently?".

Job done.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Watford, you appear to be missing me, come and join me on another thread, Brexit is a done deal now.

Not quite sure of your point here, I have only been back here (Brexit thread) by invitation ONLY

Would you like me to PM a picture? Any preferred angle??? Why the obsession ??? :kiss:

I see you have had a post removed from 'another' thread.
Couldn't resist mentioning Brexit there either could you.
You really are a very sad, sick, lonely and pathetic little attention seeker.
Do everyone a favour, including yourself and disappear.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yeap she just stood up a government that wanted to bypass parliament. Brexiters did their nut, but they should thank her, ultimately she stood up for all of us, a victory for all of us

I'm sure that Westdene will be along in a tick to explain how Gina Miller only invoked the law to defend parliament in order to feather her own nest. After all, I did ask nicely.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I see you have had a post removed from 'another' thread.
Couldn't resist mentioning Brexit there either could you.
You really are a very sad, sick, lonely and pathetic little attention seeker.
Do everyone a favour, including yourself and disappear.

If the whole thing about this not being its only account is true, then they really need this board more than they want to admit. Must have an empty life.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't imagine why you would go to the trouble of editing each and every post of mine before you quoted it (again) ???

I'm busy tonight, but I'm watching paint dry later in the week, so I wonder what those posts you've edited might have said?

I do remember years ago, making the offer that if you stopped saying stupid things, I would stop quoting you. Do you want me to find it?

Rmember, it's all on the Internet in black and white :thumbsup:

Congratulations on getting Two Professors back though :lolol:

Having had a rather enjoyable evening, I'd forgotten all about this last night. Let's have a look at the posts you are referring to

05-06-2020
09:41 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...ctive and selected JC Footy Genius quotes, as he is the...

This is was where I was quoting your reaction to an Irish Sea Border (obviously before Johnson told you that you were getting actually getting an Irish Sea border in his 'good deal') :facepalm:

NO SURRENDER obvs (self-determination/democratic will of the majority in NI). The Unionist community has only one major concern re being shafted and that's from 'principled' politicians who have spent much of their career supporting a United Ireland while cosying up to Republican terrorists..
Rubbish. The UK government is protecting the integrity of the UK (as they should) and following the wishes of the UK electorate (leave/take back control). The Irish government temporarily backed by the EU Commission are the problem.

31-05-2020
09:41 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post Will Cummings go?
...end, so I just put JC Footy Genius' and 'stupid ideas' ...

And this one was were I quoted your idea of a deal whereby the EU would operate a single market without any borders whatsoever :facepalm:

I am certain most Brexiteers (including me) want a deal, even at this late stage but not any old deal and certainly not one the one that includes tying us inside the customs union indefinitely without an exit date. If no deal happens it is because the EU (Eire) insists a deal that has been rejected by the United Kingdom parliament on numerous occasions and by a record margin, cannot be changed. If avoiding no deal and increased tensions in NI is so important to the Irish I have no idea why they couldn't agree to a temporary backstop (say 2 years) where our future trade relationship would be partially negotiated /much clearer with the possibility to extend the agreement at any time to continue trade negotiations but also have the ability, with a set amount of notice ( say 6 months) to end the process (very unlikely). Pretty sure this would have got through the HoC and still would.

I'm sorry but I really couldn't be arsed to look up any more as I was too busy laughing at the first two :lolol::lolol::lolol:

You really don't help yourself, do you ? But the offer is still there, you stop saying stupid things and I will stop quoting them :shrug:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Having had a rather enjoyable evening, I'd forgotten all about this last night. Let's have a look at the posts you are referring to

05-06-2020

This is was where I was quoting your reaction to an Irish Sea Border (obviously before Johnson told you that you were getting actually getting an Irish Sea border in his 'good deal') :facepalm:

31-05-2020

And this one was were I quoted your idea of a deal whereby the EU would operate a single market without any borders whatsoever :facepalm:

I'm sorry but I really couldn't be arsed to look up any more as I was too busy laughing at the first two :lolol::lolol::lolol:

You really don't help yourself, do you ? But the offer is still there, you stop saying stupid things and I will stop quoting them :shrug:

Go easy on him Watford....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can understand Gina Miller irritating Brexiters but the level of vitriol is surprising. All she did was bring to the British courts' attention her belief that our government was breaking the law. The judiciary confirmed that she was correct. You say that she did this only to further her own personal success. Can you explain how?

As it happens, personally, I don't have an issue with her holding the government to legal process. What grinds my gears is that before the case she regularly said she wasn't against Brexit but just wanted to hold the government to account to ensure the triggering of Article 50 was legal. She won the case along with another claimant ( who most people can't name as all he wanted was to ensure legal process and didn't seek the publicity unlike Miller ). After winning she sudden;y announced she wanted to stop Brexit - so she lied. She then went on to campaign against Brexit, appear on chat shows, on Question Time, attend political rallies that were campaigning against Brexit and even pleaded with the Labour leadership to block Brexit. During all of this many articles highlighted her businesses - all of which benefited from her new found public image ( hence she benefited personally ).

So, if she hadn't lied, and instead had stuck to her word, she might not get so much vitriol thrown at her. I have no sympathy and just think she's the other side of the coin to Farage - both equally repulsive and liars.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As it happens, personally, I don't have an issue with her holding the government to legal process. What grinds my gears is that before the case she regularly said she wasn't against Brexit but just wanted to hold the government to account to ensure the triggering of Article 50 was legal. She won the case along with another claimant ( who most people can't name as all he wanted was to ensure legal process and didn't seek the publicity unlike Miller ). After winning she sudden;y announced she wanted to stop Brexit - so she lied. She then went on to campaign against Brexit, appear on char shows, on Question Time, attend political rallies that were campaigning against Brexit and even pleaded with the Labour leadership to block Brexit. During all of this many articles highlighted her businesses - all of which benefited from her new found public image ( hence she benefited personally ).

So, if she hadn't lied, and instead had stuck to her word, she might not get so much vitriol thrown at her. I have no sympathy and just think she's the other side of the coin to Farage - both equally repulsive and liars.

Thank you. My understanding was that she claimed that her prime motive for pursuing the government on a specific point at a specific time was because they were intending to ignore parliament and legal process, rather than because she wanted to stop Brexit per se: any reports that she said 'I don't want to block it' should be viewed in the context of that episode - as you say, she certainly made no attempt to disguise her Brexit views in other contexts. Disingenuous yes, some might even say slippery, but when measured against the duplicity of a government now led by proven liars (Lord knows what you must think of them) hardly worthy of the sort of racist and violent vitriol she continues to face (I believe even the Daily Mail commented that there was something about her that wasn't quite English; read into that what you will.). There were, as I recall, six or so claimants alongside her. Most dropped out in the face of threats and while one stayed the course he asked to remain anonymous because, to use your masterpiece of euphemism, he 'didn't want the publicity'. You bet he didn't.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Thank you. My understanding was that she claimed that her prime motive for pursuing the government on a specific point at a specific time was because they were intending to ignore parliament and legal process, rather than because she wanted to stop Brexit per se: any reports that she said 'I don't want to block it' should be viewed in the context of that episode - as you say, she certainly made no attempt to disguise her Brexit views in other contexts. Disingenuous yes, some might even say slippery, but when measured against the duplicity of a government now led by proven liars (Lord knows what you must think of them) hardly worthy of the sort of racist and violent vitriol she continues to face (I believe even the Daily Mail commented that there was something about her that wasn't quite English; read into that what you will.). There were, as I recall, six or so claimants alongside her. Most dropped out in the face of threats and while one stayed the course he asked to remain anonymous because, to use your masterpiece of euphemism, he 'didn't want the publicity'. You bet he didn't.

And just to clarify - I in no way condone the racist comments or threats towards her ( or anyone else ) but I also don;t object to her being called out as a liar. I just don't think she is a very honest person - or possibly more devious. As for the current government - I'm not a supporter and once the year is over I'd happily see another GE ( assuming no extension of course ! ).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I can't imagine why you would go to the trouble of editing each and every post of mine before you quoted it (again) ???

I'm busy tonight, but I'm watching paint dry later in the week, so I wonder what those posts you've edited might have said?

I do remember years ago, making the offer that if you stopped saying stupid things, I would stop quoting you. Do you want me to find it?

Rmember, it's all on the Internet in black and white :thumbsup:

Congratulations on getting Two Professors back though :lolol:

Your first mistake .. they weren't your quoted posts they were a list of your Mentions, see - 'It would be interesting to compare the number of mentions we all get from StalkyMcStalkface'

Your second mistake .. I didn't edit them that's the format they come in as anyone can see if they look at the mentions section of their profile just a copy-paste job.

Your third ongoing mistake ... parading your inability to read and comprehend/rank stupidity day in day out on NSC. Another cracking example to add to the list in black and white bravo ... :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your first mistake .. they weren't your quoted posts they were a list of your Mentions, see - 'It would be interesting to compare the number of mentions we all get from StalkyMcStalkface'

Your second mistake .. I didn't edit them that's the format they come in as anyone can see if they look at the mentions section of their profile just a copy-paste job.

Your third ongoing mistake ... parading your inability to read and comprehend/rank stupidity day in day out on NSC. Another cracking example to add to the list in black and white bravo ... :lolol:

Well if you hadn't been editing them maybe you could point out this why this first 'mention' at 9.41 on 05-06-2020 on The Brexit Thread doesn't appear ?

It would be interesting to compare the number of mentions we all get from StalkyMcStalkface..

05-06-2020

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9367341&viewfull=1#post9367341

Computer says no. The gift that keeps on giving :facepalm:

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well if you hadn't been editing them maybe you could point out this why this first 'mention' at 9.41 on 05-06-2020 on The Brexit Thread doesn't appear ?

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9367341&viewfull=1#post9367341

Computer says no. The gift that keeps on giving :facepalm:

The gift that keeps on giving indeed ..

Yes, indeed. I know a regular (and recent) leave poster on here who has always wanted to give 'NI back to Ireland', (I then had to explain the history of Ireland to him).

However I am being selective and selected [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] quotes, as he is the most ardent unionist and supporter of the Conservative and Unionist (for now) party, and yet is willing to accept the Irish Sea border in order to get 'his Brexit' :wink:

*edit*

I've just found the history bit, but I'll only print my response

It's probably also worth noting that Northern Ireland has never been part of the Republic of Ireland so there is no previous historical state to return to. (As far as I know, it still is a single Island ) When what is now the Republic of Ireland was formed as the Irish Free State, Northern Ireland chose to opt out and form its own distinct region so the Republic has only ever been the 26 counties.

The last time Ireland was independently united was around 1011 when the regional rulers recognised Brian Boru as king but even that only lasted a year. The only time that Ireland has been united as a political entity has been under British rule so it would almost make more sense to ask why doesn’t the Republic of Ireland return to the UK to have a united Ireland again?

But you have been backed into a corner and are now so desperate for any kind of Brexit, you really don't care who gets f***ed over in your desperation. With each desperate lurch to find an answer to implementing Brexit, you just open up another can of worms

Last edited by WATFORD zero; 05-06-2020 at 09:42

... hand me that shovel.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread/page32&p=9367324#post9367324

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It would be interesting to compare the number of mentions we all get from StalkyMcStalkface..

05-06-2020

31-05-2020

30-05-2020
18:16 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post Will Cummings go?
...egards DF I bet JC Footy Genius is so glad you came ...

24-05-2020
12:45 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
... pastafarian JC Footy Genius all over the Cummin...

26-02-2020
10:39 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
... Unionist Brexiteer JC Footy Genius can see the funny si...

05-02-2020
21:24 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post What The Hell Is A Gammon?
...te appearance by JC Footy Genius for the full house. ...

03-02-2020
13:15 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...tely know that JC Footy Genius was voting for a bor...

30-01-2020
12:39 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...e of that because JC Footy Genius is so excited about ...

24-01-2020
18:48 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...ardent unionist JC Footy Genius appears to have no v...

20-11-2019
19:03 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The General Election Thread
... Well to be fair JC Footy Genius, one of the most ard...

19-11-2019
10:32 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The General Election Thread
...ower West Stander JC Footy Genius (I'm sure I've left...

12-11-2019
09:53 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The General Election Thread
...117047 I can see JC Footy Genius getting really upset...

05-11-2019
13:36 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The General Election Thread
...ere credit is due, JC Footy Genius looks really good fo...

31-10-2019
10:30 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...d crap :whistle: JC Footy Genius and Westdene Seagull...

29-10-2019
17:27 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...tdene Seagull and JC Footy Genius. The reason I have ...

22-10-2019
15:55 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...ene Seagull and JC Footy Genius views on it. Mainly,...

13-10-2019
10:54 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
... that yourself and JC Footy Genius have been looking fo...
10:10 - WATFORD zero mentioned JC Footy Genius in post The Brexit Thread
...f and JC Footy Genius have been looking fo...

.... and on and on .... very needy. :lolol:

Stay safe.

https://www.gov.uk/report-stalker

Creepy number of "mentions"......very needy indeed

Stay Alert- Wash your hands.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well done, a point to you (it certainly didn't occur to me to page back through all my posts looking at edit times) but it was obviously worth the effort :thumbsup:

And maybe you should pick up Chicken Run's laundry bill.

I know you're missing the end of the bar at the Black Lion but you might want to stop the drinking at home if you don't want to continue to make yourself look stupid :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know you're missing the end of the bar at the Black Lion but you might want to stop the drinking at home if you don't want to continue to make yourself look stupid :facepalm:

Thanks for the advice, but I'll probably ignore advice from a man whose long claimed and fanfared Animal Welfare principles can literally be bought off with a cheesy crust

On the assumption that Chapper's post is correct then I find it disgusting. Live exports should be banned world wide. Strangely the EU hasn't banned them either. But then we're talking about an organisation too scared of Parmesan producers to ban the vile treatment of the cows used in the production. Or Fois Gras production because it would upset the French. Or that refused to ban fish discards until predominant British chefs put pressure on them. The EU are about as animal friendly as Saddam Hussein was to the Kurds.

Wheelers

Very small place - handful of tables but also has a deli. The deli had constant queues down the street which was quite telling. It's BYO so a nice bottle of Polly Fume from the offie over the road. Starters were blow tourched mackrel, eel, with a beetroot soup accompanied by an apple grape and celery salad and smoked haddock on a spinach and potato risotto with egg yolk and parmesan. Both were great except the beetroot soup which really didn't suit the dish .... maybe beetroot jus and candied beetroot cubes would have been better.

Ockenden Manor - one of our favourite haunts for dinner. Used to have a star but no more and to be frank I can see why. Mrs W had oysters three ways to start and thought they were stunning. I had carpaccio - it was average. Was disappointed it didn't have parmesan on it - surely that's a must for carpaccio ?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let them eat Dover Sole

[TWEET]1270617688931434496[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here