Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here's clump backing illegal entry into the country and the criminals that send them here, NOT WANTED IN THE UK
regards
DF

Not backing anything, old chum. Merely stating that I do not wonder why people risk their lives to come here. Now, more importantly what's got you all in a funkle this evening? Have you seen a foreign looking person or something?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I love the “we” Dave, you gave up on this green and pleasant land many moons ago [emoji23] Shame CZ don’t follow some of the rules of the bloc eh[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I work for a British company. Shame the UK has cretins in power, and didnt follow Czech Republics lead. Less than 300 convid-19 related fatalities. They dont follow EU rules? Wasnt that why many of you wanted to leave the EU, because the UK didnt want be told what to do by the EU? Shows that 'reason' was a load of bs along with all the other 'reasons'

Jan 30, 2008
I work for a British company. Shame the UK has cretins in power, and didnt follow Czech Republics lead. Less than 300 convid-19 related fatalities. They dont follow EU rules? Wasnt that why many of you wanted to leave the EU, because the UK didnt want be told what to do by the EU? Shows that 'reason' was a load of bs along with all the other 'reasons'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePUVDKcXowM
regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Just remind us again CZ’s record on helping refugees and what your delightful billionaire PM thinks of them Dave.

Oh and btw, comparing fatalities to somehow score political points is pretty low mate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just remind us again CZ’s record on helping refugees and what your delightful billionaire PM thinks of them Dave.

Oh and btw, comparing fatalities to somehow score political points is pretty low mate.

Do you ever stay on topic?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Fruit picking has always been done in fields in the country and the pay has always been utter gash. This is why we have, in recent history, ferried across thousands of workers from Bulgaria and Romania - they will work for far less money. They do send it all back of course, but we were always entitled to restrict workers coming in from newly joined member states for up to 7 years I think, if it was felt they were simply undercutting the local workforce. Your post simply suggests they weren't, as apparently you'll only do the job if you are paid above the market rate and the farms also throw in your transport costs.

So next year when this is all over, you Brexiteers will have no excuse. You can all get picking.

Romanians and Bulgarians were restricted for the full 7 years.
Romania and Bulgaria joined in 2007, the UK applied the 7 year restriction that was allowed which ended on jan 1 2014
The UK applied the first two year stage, then applied the permitted additional three years stage and then in 2011 announced the final two years would be applied (total 7) following the 5th year, The final two years were allowed under the accession treaties if there was a threat of serious labour market disturbance.

I read that you can also live in a caravan on-site? How much does this cost?

The accommodation charge in a shared caravan or cabin is up to £52.85 per week.
Should be noted groups of strangers living in a caravan or cabin are treated as a household for the purposes of social distancing. If one person in the caravan becomes sick the rest of the “household” caravan or cabin must self isolate.

Frack that, some farms insist you live on site, can imagine that being off-putting to UK nationals if you have existing rent or mortgage…..its hardly surprising there is a shortage across Europe with so many travel restrictions …….anyway ive done farm labour in my youth with that communal living and vowed never tp do it again. Its bloody hard graft and farm labourers are a bit nuts.

Jan 30, 2008
Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Comparing ? Theres no effing comparison. The British Government is guilty of negligence, they had fair warning what was coming, but will be condoned by people wanting to be 'winners'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes I would do it, because I'm not worried about a bit of hard work. I'm already up and out the door at 4:30 every morning, 7 days a week delivering. I have been doing this for the 3.5 years, it fits in with my wife and daughter.

Bit old for a paper round, aren't you?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There will be a border in the Irish Sea. Project Fear
The UK will weaken food standards to accommodate a deal with the US. Project Fear.
There will not be enough fruit and veg pickers for the harvest. Project Fear.

How did we get it so wrong, and yet, so right.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The UK will weaken food standards to accommodate a deal with the US. Project Fear.

...because of the mindset of those who wanted this to happen, and clever spin to ensure they stayed 'on board'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The government are taking advantage of the pandemic news cycle to get some of these unpalatable truths out there. Johnson unequivocally said there would be no checks in the Irish Sea, and yet perhaps missed by many over the passed week, that we will have checks on goods within OUR OWN COUNTRY!!

How on earth can anyone talk about taking back control when we’ve lost control of trade within our own borders. 1 UK company will not be able to send goods to another without more checks than when we were in the EU sending goods to mainland Europe.

If you voted to take back control, is this what you imagined? How can this be justified or are you angry your vote has led to this? I’m staggered anyone can think this is a price worth paying, that trading within our own borders has more checks in place than when we traded with a continent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
...because of the mindset of those who wanted this to happen, and clever spin to ensure they stayed 'on board'.

And a democracy that gives a stupid person's vote the same weight as the vote of someone that can differentiate between there, their and they're.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And a democracy that gives a stupid person's vote the same weight as the vote of someone that can differentiate between there, their and they're.

200.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here