Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great ta.

Spoke with the club, their going to see if they can hurry up they're delivery on there NHS shirts I've ordered.

I would of called earlier, but been busy.

It's probably all the excitement. It's now only 5 weeks until you find out whether you voted 'deal' or 'no deal' four years ago.

Because of course, Johnson is a man of his word, and I know you have complete confidence in him delivering. No U-turns from him.

Tick Tock :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The government are taking advantage of the pandemic news cycle to get some of these unpalatable truths out there. Johnson unequivocally said there would be no checks in the Irish Sea, and yet perhaps missed by many over the passed week, that we will have checks on goods within OUR OWN COUNTRY!!

How on earth can anyone talk about taking back control when we’ve lost control of trade within our own borders. 1 UK company will not be able to send goods to another without more checks than when we were in the EU sending goods to mainland Europe.

If you voted to take back control, is this what you imagined? How can this be justified or are you angry your vote has led to this? I’m staggered anyone can think this is a price worth paying, that trading within our own borders has more checks in place than when we traded with a continent.

No one is bothered about border checks WITHIN our own country it seems. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1264484502451228672[/tweet]

This is why all the other parties were trying to get parliamentary scrutiny of the whole Brexit Withdrawal bill, fancy not reading the small print before voting on it, shameful.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Nothing this government of lying chancers surprises me. The 'plus' is watching leavers here, and elsewhere making themselves look really stupid trying to defend them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nothing this government of lying chancers surprises me. The 'plus' is watching leavers here, and elsewhere making themselves look really stupid trying to defend them.

You mean

[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]

all over the Cummings thread trying to use defending/deflecting/whataboutism to justify what he did, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary ?

Well who would have guessed :lolol:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You mean

[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]

all over the Cummings thread trying to use defending/deflecting/whataboutism to justify what he did, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary ?

Well who would have guessed :lolol:

I don’t recall reading let alone posting on the Cummings thread
I presume you mean the cummings thread at the top of page one.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?380222-Will-Cummings-go

Yet here you are saying I am “all over the cummings thread”.
How did you figure I was “all over the Cummings thread”
Have you caught TB?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t recall reading let alone posting on the Cummings thread
I presume you mean the cummings thread at the top of page one.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?380222-Will-Cummings-go

Yet here you are saying I am “all over the cummings thread”.
How did you figure I was “all over the Cummings thread”
Have you caught TB?

I am so sorry, maybe this one that I posted earlier was a little more accurate
So who is stupid enough to still be defending/deflecting/whatabouting Cummings in the face of all evidence to the contrary ?

I'll guess at

and [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] trying to subtly do it on another thread where it won't be seen, like this https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?379981-How-do-you-think-Boris-has-handled-it-so-far-8th-May&p=9355718&viewfull=1#post9355718

I'm normally quite good at guessing :wink:

Bit pissed at the moment, so I'm sure you will understand I have higher priorities than answering you on a football forum :rolleyes:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What amazes, disappoints and angers me in equal measure, is the way in which anyone could frame the whole Covid shambles, the Cummings awfulness and Johnson's disgraceful response as some kind of aberration.

No. Lying, divisive, incompetent behaviours and moral bankruptcy have been constant companions of the Johnson roadshow for a long time. In short: this is Team Brexit playing the same way as they've done all along. Anyone who (rightly) gets worked up about the Cummings affair and supported the Brexit bulldozer needs to reflect for a minute or so: if this mob is like this now, what were they like previously? The only difference is that they've now got their grubby little Leaver fingers on the levers of power.

Most of us are appalled. But some of us are not in the least bit surprised: we've tracked this bunch of low-lifes for a long time. You were warned.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What amazes, disappoints and angers me in equal measure, is the way in which anyone could frame the whole Covid shambles, the Cummings awfulness and Johnson's disgraceful response as some kind of aberration.

No. Lying, divisive, incompetent behaviours and moral bankruptcy have been constant companions of the Johnson roadshow for a long time. In short: this is Team Brexit playing the same way as they've done all along. Anyone who (rightly) gets worked up about the Cummings affair and supported the Brexit bulldozer needs to reflect for a minute or so: if this mob is like this now, what were they like previously? The only difference is that they've now got their grubby little Leaver fingers on the levers of power.

Most of us are appalled. But some of us are not in the least bit surprised: we've tracked this bunch of low-lifes for a long time. You were warned.

Ah, but Corbyn wore the wrong coat to the Cenotaph.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Apology accepted.
Enjoy the booze

I so used to enjoy your spectacular essays in semantics on this thread, so thank you, on this bright and sunny holiday weekend, for telling us that while you haven't been on the Cummings thread, you have been on a cummings thread. Just like the old days.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Still, better than it would have been under Momentum with Corbyn as their puppet

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Still, better than it would have been under Momentum with Corbyn as their puppet

That's rather like defending an Austin Allegro against the charge that it was a shoddily-built and terrible handling rust bucket by saying at least it wasn't a Hillman Imp.

It was always hugely unlikely, but IF Corbyn had found himself PM it would only have been with the support of other parties and that would have severely constrained him and, within a year or so, done for him. It wouldn't have been pretty but it would have been better in my view than having our country run by the duo who ran/fronted the disreputable Leave campaign; two proven liars and one moral vacuum, one elected and one not, one strange loner and one who surrounds himself with yes men and dull careerists.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I so used to enjoy your spectacular essays in semantics on this thread, so thank you, on this bright and sunny holiday weekend, for telling us that while you haven't been on the Cummings thread, you have been on a cummings thread. Just like the old days.

Cant be too hard to work out even for an undemocratic loon like you.
I hadn’t been on The Cummings Thread despite WZ saying I was all over it.
I replied to point it out that I had not been all over The Cummings Thread at all, i hadnt even posted on it.
For that reply i opened the first page of The Cummings Thread to copy the link address at the top (im guessing there are other methods of doing this but this way works best for me)
I couldn’t even tell you what the first post was as I didn’t read it.
Would you like a press conference to explain it to you at length?

Please drink responsibly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now remind me, what exactly is this BREXIT ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here