Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm going to make a prediction: bashlsdir won't pick fruit at any time in the next 18 months.

I know, it's a risky one, it really is. But when it doesn't happen, it will all be the fault of remainers I'm sure.

Well considering only a few posts up he already said he has a job rather makes your statement look a little lazy no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have yet to see one post of yours in this thread that is remotely thoughtful. I mean this is another absolute beauty isn't it?

Fruit picking has always been done in fields in the country and the pay has always been utter gash. This is why we have, in recent history, ferried across thousands of workers from Bulgaria and Romania - they will work for far less money. They do send it all back of course, but we were always entitled to restrict workers coming in from newly joined member states for up to 7 years I think, if it was felt they were simply undercutting the local workforce. Your post simply suggests they weren't, as apparently you'll only do the job if you are paid above the market rate and the farms also throw in your transport costs.

So next year when this is all over, you Brexiteers will have no excuse. You can all get picking.

The pay is minimum pay, which is the law. Migrant workers are not paid less than British workers.

bashy will never give you a straight answer. He still hasn't answered my question about where his mate worked in the firm who made my husband redundant in December. It was a simple question - in the office or on the shop floor.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Between the unwelcoming anti-foreigner Brexit vibe Britain gives off these days and the highest death rate in Europe, I can’t see many low skilled workers or tourists bothering with the U.K. for many a year.
Unscrupulous foreign investors looking for virtually tax free environment in which to operate? I imagine we’ll see plenty of those.

Agreed, makes you wonder why some still risk there lives crossing the channel in a bath tub.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The pay is minimum pay, which is the law. Migrant workers are not paid less than British workers.

bashy will never give you a straight answer. He still hasn't answered my question about where his mate worked in the firm who made my husband redundant in December. It was a simple question - in the office or on the shop floor.

Again another who hasn’t bothered looking up! My guess is if he’s delivering he ain’t in the office?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again another who hasn’t bothered looking up! My guess is if he’s delivering he ain’t in the office?

Probably the only thing worse than a numpty like Bashldr responding to posts is you responding for him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm not talking about bashy. He told me the redundancies at the firm (he said he knew exactly which firm it was because his mate worked there) were not down to Brexit, when my husband distinctly heard the MD say it was. I asked him which dept his 'mate' worked in, either the office or the shop floor. He never answered. As there were 12 people laid off, it would be reasonably easy to identify his 'mate'.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well considering only a few posts up he already said he has a job rather makes your statement look a little lazy no?
Was that before the bit he said "I would happily go fruit picking, if the job was within driving distance, if the pay was OK" and then talked about pay rates?

I'm only replying to his own words.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agreed, makes you wonder why some still risk there lives crossing the channel in a bath tub.

Yes, because that's the way immigrant fruit pickers from the EU always choose to come to Britain, definitely not flights, trains or ferries :shootself

If you've joined in posting, to attempt to make [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]'s posts look (relatively) well researched and well thought through, then I have to congratulate you on doing a sterling job :lolol:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm not talking about bashy. He told me the redundancies at the firm (he said he knew exactly which firm it was because his mate worked there) were not down to Brexit, when my husband distinctly heard the MD say it was. I asked him which dept his 'mate' worked in, either the office or the shop floor. He never answered. As there were 12 people laid off, it would be reasonably easy to identify his 'mate'.

Square enough. [emoji106]

Oi Bashy answer the ladies question!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, because that's the way immigrant fruit pickers from the EU always choose to come to Britain, definitely not flights, trains or ferries :shootself

If you've joined in posting, to attempt to make [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]'s posts look (relatively) well researched and well thought through, then I have to congratulate you on doing a sterling job :lolol:

We are on the Brexit thread not fruit picking you fool, it’s you I congratulate for the most confused post of the day.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who'd have thought it....?

Government confirms new checks on goods entering NI from GB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52715332

Not Boris Johnson who stated clearly during his election campaign....

"There’s no question of there being checks on goods going [between] NI/GB and GB/NI."

Didn't he say he'd do the paperwork himself?

For all the Union jack waving by Brexiters, their cavalier disregard for the Union now puts a break of it more likely anytime in the past 300 years

Leave the European Union and destroy your own, put that on the side of a bus

Jan 30, 2008
Between the unwelcoming anti-foreigner Brexit vibe Britain gives off these days and the highest death rate in Europe, I can’t see many workers or tourists bothering with the U.K. for many a year.
Unscrupulous foreign investors looking for virtually tax free environment in which to operate? I imagine we’ll see plenty of those.

You could always **** off out of the country, go and find yourself a boat ,you've got nothing good to say about it
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here