Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know that

But you said there were only two ways we could leave the EU via a withdrawal date.
1/ softest of soft brexits
2/ no deal

now we all know the no deal deal option is defunct, so when is this softest of soft version going to happen before friday

its almost as if your crystal ball never worked

You have to give him a bonus point for resilience, most people who had made so many spectacularly inaccurate predictions and been owned on numerous occasions would have slunk away a long time ago ... not our Wz .... keeps coming back for more. :salute:

DGxQtx7WsAAh3ey.jpg RIP :angel:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have to give him a bonus point for resilience, most people who had made so many spectacularly inaccurate predictions and been owned on numerous occasions would have slunk away a long time ago ... not our Wz .... keeps coming back for more. :salute:

View attachment 119624 RIP :angel:

I'm offering 2 bonus points...

a) One for a tangible benefit of Brexit from a Brexiter (Blue Passports and 50p are exempt)

b) One for a NSC Brexiter (or any Brexiter) that predicted a border in the Irish sea in 2016

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

a) One for a tangible benefit of Brexit from a Brexiter (Blue Passports and 50p are exempt)

b) One for a NSC Brexiter (or any Brexiter) that predicted a border in the Irish sea in 2016

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c770e5cbe4a03616253295b6cef85aa220a2fdf1&rid=giphy.gif

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Apparently Johnson is going to make a speech next week in which he officially abandons any notion of 'frictionless trade' between us and the EU. This term - was all the rage for a while among Tory Leavers - is incompatible with the 2019 Manifesto commitment to take us out of the Customs Union and Single Market. .

There are no surprises here other that Johnson is expected to - explicitly and finally acknowledge - that UK business will now need to follow regulatory and procedural protocols for trade with the EU. If this doesn't add to costs and delays, can someone who is so keen to embrace these things please explain how?

I see this as the drip, drip, drip of the practical implications of a Johnson-style Brexit. A final admission that directly contradicts his former boast of 'having your cake and eating it'.

While our Leaver friends are still recovering from their Brexit Day piss-ups, the reality will slowly begin to become apparent. This is not something that can be successfully negotiated out of the picture; it is the explicit intention of the negotiations themselves.

It's all good fun for some to gloat and swagger along to the nearest 'Spoons to indulge in semi-coherent triumphalism with those of a similar view, but I'm not sure you know anything more about what Leave will look like than you did when you voted for it in 2016. Cheers!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently Johnson is going to make a speech next week in which he officially abandons any notion of 'frictionless trade' between us and the EU. This term - was all the rage for a while among Tory Leavers - is incompatible with the 2019 Manifesto commitment to take us out of the Customs Union and Single Market. .

There are no surprises here other that Johnson is expected to - explicitly and finally acknowledge - that UK business will now need to follow regulatory and procedural protocols for trade with the EU. If this doesn't add to costs and delays, can someone who is so keen to embrace these things please explain how?

I see this as the drip, drip, drip of the practical implications of a Johnson-style Brexit. A final admission that directly contradicts his former boast of 'having your cake and eating it'.

While our Leaver friends are still recovering from their Brexit Day piss-ups, the reality will slowly begin to become apparent. This is not something that can be successfully negotiated out of the picture; it is the explicit intention of the negotiations themselves.

It's all good fun for some to gloat and swagger along to the nearest 'Spoons to indulge in semi-coherent triumphalism with those of a similar view, but I'm not sure you know anything more about what Leave will look like than you did when you voted for it in 2016. Cheers!

Good luck getting a response to that any sensible response to that

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good luck getting a response to that any sensible response to that

In the same way I've had I've not had a sensible response from you, or indeed ANY response, about your claim people won't be able to move to the other EU 27 countries ? :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
OK that's me done, off to Bucharest tonight to help my mate out finalising this years strawberry pickers. We'll still need them after we've left, Brits still aren't interested despite the good money

Back saturday after we've left the EU, I'll miss all the fun. Hope all the Brexiters enjoy their night out at Spoons and Unicorn steak. Don't worry about the hangover, gonna last years so you may as well get smashed

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know that

But you said there were only two ways we could leave the EU via a withdrawal date.
1/ softest of soft brexits
2/ no deal

now we all know the no deal deal option is defunct, so when is this softest of soft version going to happen before friday

its almost as if your crystal ball never worked

You're making things up again (I've highlighted it for you).

Maybe you could do what you did last time and edit my quotes again to try to justify what you've posted :wave:

he was not referring to the trade deal after leaving. He was referring to we could only leave by no deal or the softest of soft exits, the latter needs to be inplace by friday......its not even on the table or in the agreement
The semantics being he wasnt talking about a trade deal after the withdrawal deal. He was specific about leaving the EU according to the withdrawal deal.....and said it was either no deal or softest of soft exits.......his crystal ball was obviously screwed......but we all told him that anyway

No matter how any times you repeat it, a lie is still a lie :shrug:

If I had said what you claim, it would be very easy to quote where I said it, a bit like this

Just googled "Brexit" and dont get even half the doom you get.

View attachment 91104

Seem to get a far more balanced/information based crop.......looks like your google knows what you enjoy reading.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well obviously a principled Brexiter who thinks the following

Rubbish. The UK government is protecting the integrity of the UK (as they should) and following the wishes of the UK electorate (leave/take back control). The Irish government temporarily backed by the EU Commission are the problem.

NO SURRENDER obvs (self-determination/democratic will of the majority in NI). The Unionist community has only one major concern re being shafted and that's from 'principled' politicians who have spent much of their career supporting a United Ireland while cosying up to Republican terrorists.

would never support a border in the Irish Sea, would they ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In the same way I've had I've not had a sensible response from you, or indeed ANY response, about your claim people won't be able to move to the other EU 27 countries ? :facepalm:

Or the fact that you haven't been able to muster any comment whatsoever about Johnson's lies and U-turn on the Irish Sea Border (as in your 'Good deal') ???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
From tomorrow the top 1% (Boris f***ing Johnson being one of them) will be able to make the rules and destroy the lives of the other 99% and the rich wont care because they'll be able to afford whatever changes come their way. Congratulations you muppets.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Or the fact that you haven't been able to muster any comment whatsoever about Johnson's lies and U-turn on the Irish Sea Border (Your 'Good deal') ???

I've responded but in your usual way, because the answer didn't match your agenda, you failed to take it in. I guess it's lucky you've retired from business because with observation skills like that you'd soon go bust.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any Brexiters PLEASED with the prospect of friction at the borders? Is it a price worth paying for sovereignty, whatever that actually means to anyone that didn’t vote for this government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here