Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd guess because he's not on benefits, a short term contract or in any of the industries that rely on frictionless trade across the EU :shrug:

Zinger! *fistbump*

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
But no idea when ? Could you not guess on a month or even a year ?

You seem to have all the answers. Well you did up until yesterday. You tell me. In the meanwhile I'll sit here waiting patiently as i have for the past 3 years and as I have waiting for the election us furious members of the public wanted to vent our spleen. In the meantime you carry on boring us with your nonsense.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
More people voted for Remain and second referendum parties (52.66%) than Leave ones (47.33%). Doris Johnson only wanted an election rather than a referendum to take advantage of the first past the post system, so that's handy.

[tweet]1205468660661403649[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/jonoread/status/1205468660661403649

So if you believe that it should be determined by who wins the most votes, I am going to assume you believe in implementing the 2016 referendum. Perhaps though your definition of a ‘broken electoral system’ is one where you do not get the result you want.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem to have all the answers. Well you did up until yesterday. You tell me. In the meanwhile I'll sit here waiting patiently as i have for the past 3 years and as I have waiting for the election us furious members of the public wanted to vent our spleen. In the meantime you carry on boring us with your nonsense.

Shouldn't you be happy because you won ?

Well Johnson says it will be all over by the end of December 2020 and you have obviously believed everything he has said up until now.

So come December 2020 you should find out what it is you won ???

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The people who voted Tory and Brexit in the northern towns will find they've been lied to soon enough. And the irony is that those of us in the cities who voted Remain and against the Tories and are better-placed to survive the economic hit will have to prop them up with our taxes.

Exactly this. The turkeys have voted for Christmas, nothing we can do about it now. No one can say they weren't warned so let 'em get on with it now and let's hope for the least worst outcome.

Yeah, thickos. If only the working classes knew their place.
Stoke Newington not Stoke don’t you know.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The people who voted Tory and Brexit in the northern towns will find they've been lied to soon enough. And the irony is that those of us in the cities who voted Remain and against the Tories and are better-placed to survive the economic hit will have to prop them up with our taxes.

Don't forget, this will be a Tory Brexit, a Boris Brexit and in 3-5 years time who are these lost souls in the North going to blame when the jobs, investment and Sunny Uplands have not arrived as many have predicted and they find themselves worse off ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
would you care to explain why you're better-placed ?
regards
DF

The cities are generally more prosperous, with higher wages and more employment opportunities. When jobs begin to disappear in places like Burnley and Wrexham, Sunderland too if Nissan leaves, there'll be fewer options. The deprivation statistics are already bad in northern towns and the trends are in the wrong direction. In contrast, the areas where the deprivation stats are improving fastest are in London, Leeds and Liverpool.

But it was their decision. Good luck to them. I have a feeling they'll need it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd like to think there is truth in your statement but I cannot reason how !
This result is a mandate for the Conservative government to go as hard as it wishes with no checks or balances possible from the tiny opposition benches, The Conservatives have " played a blinder" and the country has spoken in full agreement with their strategy and policies and whatever our Government decide they have the blessing of the majority of our electorate.

At my age now and with the opposition parties in total disarray ( I cannot count Labour as a single entity opposition anymore as IMHO they will not form a Government on their own in my lifetime ) the Conservatives can only lose power themselves and with the strategists, campaigners, and indeed morals* they have shown that is highly unlikely, *the electorate have endorsed bare faced lying as an acceptable strategy.

Being a remainer, I have felt since the 2016 referendum that I could not overtly support Corbyn after his showing during that campaign and the mass resignation of Labour MPs from his shadow cabinet should have been the end of him but somehow he survived and instead of his demise he has overseen the demise of a once honourable party.

As for this thread, it maybe should be consigned to the dustbin as the battle was won long ago. Congratulations.
Great post. Although I also agree with the post you quoted.

Johnson is a remainer and a liberal. He just lied to get where he wanted to be, as he always has.

Be interesting to see how he acts now that he's won his prize....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Great post. Although I also agree with the post you quoted.

Johnson is a remainer and a liberal. He just lied to get where he wanted to be, as he always has.

Be interesting to see how he acts now that he's won his prize....

Priti Patel gone in the reshuffle?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So if you believe that it should be determined by who wins the most votes, I am going to assume you believe in implementing the 2016 referendum. Perhaps though your definition of a ‘broken electoral system’ is one where you do not get the result you want.

No, just saying. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Don't forget, this will be a Tory Brexit, a Boris Brexit and in 3-5 years time who are these lost souls in the North going to blame when the jobs, investment and Sunny Uplands have not arrived as many have predicted and they find themselves worse off ?

They'll find someone.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
...and they voted Tory not Labour at every opportunity.

But the wrong sort of Tories apparently, and not in sufficient numbers.

This was not the point though. The point is that leavers go on and on about how the EU is always wanting to rerun public consultations until it gets the 'right answer'. It's untrue though - check Ireland and Denmark. The organisation that just loves doing it appears to be the Conservative Party.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm guessing you won't see the funny side of sitting waiting patiently for 3 years, then 'furiously venting your spleen', winning, and still not having any idea of when you will find out what it is you have actually 'won'.

No, I guessed not :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here