Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
As I said,even if we get Brexit in Oct or Jan this is not the end by a long way.Remainers will carry on trying to get us back in with the help of the EU who will leave the door wide open.A change of Goverment promising to take us back in is all it would take.We are going to get this shit for years to come.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As I said,even if we get Brexit in Oct or Jan this is not the end by a long way.Remainers will carry on trying to get us back in with the help of the EU who will leave the door wide open.A change of Goverment promising to take us back in is all it would take.We are going to get this shit for years to come.

If we did ever go back in, we could embrace a new currency. €

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
England’s Chief Medical Officer has once again confirmed that in the case of No Deal, patients lives are at risk and there may well be deaths as a result of No Deal Brexit.

Genuinely shocking the amount of people who care so much about playground concepts of WINNING and LOSING that they are comfortable having innocent blood on their hands. Genuinely.

What the **** has happened to our country? Tearing itself apart over something no one gave a flying **** about 5 years ago. It’s so sad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Trouble is for the past year all he has been pushing for is an election and when the chance finally came he bottled it due to the polls and the need to come up with another plan to win over his leave constituency's

Corbyn wants an election but he didn't fall into the trap Cummings/Johnson set for him, with the timing. Once we've got the extension, then a vote of No Confidence can be called.
No party will get overall control despite what the polls say. It will end up in a coalition of some kind which will hamstring the extremists of Labour & the Tories.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What the **** has happened to our country? Tearing itself apart over something no one gave a flying **** about 5 years ago. It’s so sad.

Radicalised by malign disinformation delivered by social media.

People get cross when I say it is from the Kremlin.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There is a lot of merit in that.

So Labour negotiated some add ons ( workers rights, environmental safeguards, customs union until the next election when the next Parliament could decide [ backstop in place ] etc. etc. ).

But May resigned ( was pushed ) before Parliament could vote on the new package.

I reckon May was pushed by the headbangers because of the Labour add-ons to her deal.

I thought that May's WA as ammended by Labour was due to be voted on, it came up as part of the Benn act stuff.

When will this happen, if it is? Seems like a good comprise and presumably all the labour MPs who wrote to the EU wanting a deal recently would vote for it. On this basis it would likely pass the HoC.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Actually I did reply but I can't respond to all my fans as there are simply to many posts.Anyway I'm inviting all Remoaners like you to meet me for a big booze up on Oct 31st to celebrate Independence Day.Drinks are on me.Who's coming??????????

I don't like Special Brew.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't like Special Brew.

Will he keep popping into the toilets and changing his outfit? “Oh yeah, I’ve just seen two profs in the toilets, he’ll be out in a minute. In fact I’ll just go and check on him”...

Obvs I won’t be at Wetherspoons with him. I wouldn’t go anywhere near him if the world was flooded with piss and he was sat in the only tree.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sadly so predictable. But not to those who actively chose not to see.

No really? Who would have thought that a major part of Japanese (and other) car-makers establishing major manufacturing operations in the UK was that they would be able to trade freely here within the EU? Well, I would never have thought of that!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
May's deal was not Brexit and everyone including you know it.

It would have taken us out of the EU. That's literally what Brexit means.

I have a feeling Brexit will happen on Oct 31st because Boris is still telling us it will and if it doesn't happen then of course he has to go.
My hunch is that with No Deal removed he will crack and come back with a crap deal which will get passed.

So you base this entirely on the idea Boris Johnson, serial philanderer and a man twice sacked for lying, is telling the truth?

Either that or Team Boris has found a way round the Benn Law.

Nope. Legally watertight, with a backstop of the Scottish courts writing a letter on his behalf.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So, we ask for ANOTHER delay, with no hope whatsoever of an agreement. Waste of time, a further attempt at sabotage, scuppering and delay by folks not accepting the result.

Get the GE done, and get this done. It is not going away.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Deal or No Deal? Courtesy of Cold War Steve.

Attachments

• Cold War Steve.JPG
    Cold War Steve.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 81

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is how I see this going:

1. EU Summit rejects Boris's backstop solution. No "Deal" reached.
2. 19 Oct 19 - Parliament reconvenes. Johnson asks for vote on his backstop solution to give it parliamentary backing. Corbyn rejects this as EU has already rejected it. Corbyn demands the Benn Act be executed and Boris seeks extension.
3. Boris leaves it as late as possible but eventually caves and writes letter seeking extension.
4. Boris immediately announces a General Election for the end of November.
5. Boris goes into full "Me and the People vs Parliament" mode.
6. EU accept extension to January.
7. EU also announce they'll extend further to June if UK wishes to hold a Second Referendum.
8. Farage kicks off that No Deal hasn't happened, that Boris is full of shit and an electoral pact is off.
9. Boris takes a kicking in the polls as Leavers begin to desert Tories for Brexit Party.
10.General Election produces another hung Parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here