Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We must be the only nation in quite some time that has actually willingly given away power.

And as for people wanting England to jettison Scotland, Wales and NI!?

It’s ludicrous!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's the actual news on Brexit at the moment? What are parliament doing?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's the actual news on Brexit at the moment? What are parliament doing?

May is currently considering bringing her deal back for a fourth vote next week, but with the backstop taken out.

So, a customs union "soft" Brexit, basically.

Again she's parroting this being "the only way Brexit can be delivered" - so it's her deal, or No Brexit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
May is currently considering bringing her deal back for a fourth vote next week, but with the backstop taken out.

So, a customs union "soft" Brexit, basically.
Without the backstop it's a fantasy document not agreed with the EU.

*rolls eyes* .... again.

All we need now is some *dim spark* to suggest 'using technology' and our progress reaches full circle again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Without the backstop it's a fantasy document not agreed with the EU.
I thought the idea on NSC was that she got parliament to agree something, before then going back to the EU?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought the idea on NSC was that she got parliament to agree something, before then going back to the EU?
A year or 2 back, yes.

Now unilaterally agreeing changes to an unchangeable document she has already agreed in negotiation with the EU is facepalmingly stupid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course if Scotland leaves the UK - do we need to look at a hard border/backstop situation there?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Of course if Scotland leaves the UK - do we need to look at a hard border/backstop situation there?

Just one made of shortbread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A hard border, or EFTA / EEA membership + customs arrangement for England and Wales would be the only 2 possibilities.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm starting to wonder if maybe we should just call the whole thing off, frankly.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah, the schoolkid retort. Running out of ideas I see.

I notice that you don't deny it.Normal grown-ups don't use 'divs',don't think mental health people are keen on it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Most people living there are already EU citizens from other countries,with leave to remain already.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I notice that you don't deny it.Normal grown-ups don't use 'divs',don't think mental health people are keen on it.

Well this is embarrassing.

I'm a website designer, it's a play on the use of a <div> as an HTML tag. I also suffer from mental health issues, so I'm fully aware of it's usage.

Now kindly either try again, or **** off. Your choice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Depends whether there is any sort of equivalent of the Good Friday Agreement with Scotland which guarantees an open border and which the EU plans to uphold in solidarity with their own member state.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now unilaterally agreeing changes to an unchangeable document she has already agreed in negotiation with the EU is facepalmingly stupid.

I think it was the one before last council meeting where it was reported that when The EU27 were looking for positives at what May was scratching around saying, Joseph Muscat was reported as coming up with the only one - 'at least she's finally stopped asking to reopen the withdrawal agreement'. :facepalm:

It all boils down to Brexit backing Tory toffs with posh accents elsewhere still going on about 'reopening' the withdrawal agreement and further 'negotiations' and people buy it. Twas ever thus - it's like that Fawlty Towers 'Touch of class' episode with 'Lord Melbury' peddling bent cheques at Basil - oldest trick in the book.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well this is embarrassing.

I'm a website designer, it's a play on the use of a <div> as an HTML tag. I also suffer from mental health issues, so I'm fully aware of it's usage.

Now kindly either try again, or **** off. Your choice.

Oh,you're a 'Website Designer'?So that excuses you from upsetting other people with mental issues who may not know how 'clever' you are being using a word with two meanings.Try coming into a pub in Birmingham (where Birds custard came from) and start chucking div into the conversation and see where you end up.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think it was the one before last council meeting where it was reported that when The EU27 were looking for positives at what May was scratching around saying, Joseph Muscat was reported as coming up with the only one - 'at least she's finally stopped asking to reopen the withdrawal agreement'. :facepalm:

It all boils down to Brexit backing Tory toffs with posh accents elsewhere still going on about 'reopening' the withdrawal agreement and further 'negotiations' and people buy it. Twas ever thus - it's like that Fawlty Towers 'Touch of class' episode with 'Lord Melbury' peddling bent cheques at Basil - oldest trick in the book.

Perhaps the IRA re-opening the murder issue might help to concentrate the politicians minds a bit,but I doubt it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh,you're a 'Website Designer'?So that excuses you from upsetting other people with mental issues who may not know how 'clever' you are being using a word with two meanings.Try coming into a pub in Birmingham (where Birds custard came from) and start chucking div into the conversation and see where you end up.

Where did I say that it excuses me? Get the **** off your high horse. The point is that it is a Play. On. Words. If anything is on my profile offends someone then they are more than willing to point it out to me and I'll be more than willing to amend it. The fact that it is stuck within HTML tags is a bit of a giveaway...

And lets be honest, it's a part of an online profile. It doesn't mean that I would use that, or any slur in person, so you can stop with that implication. You're just being a tosser for the sake of being a tosser now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here