Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You're embarrassing yourself. Because nothing screams pro-Europe more than becoming the first country to vote OUT of the European trading bloc. :rolleyes:

And when the Scots vote to separate from England, that'll DEFINITELY show the world how much they stand side by side with us.

The paradox is that the Scots will have to sacrifice the Scottish pound for the Euro. That lot up there are more patriotic than us English so it won't be so straight forward..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
And we have to take a hard line with them. It's vital for the UK that we have leaders with balls right now. Europe need the UK, don't let anyone forget that. We have to have a deal that is close to the current deal, we must not get bullied.

Assuming that we remain the UK, in which ways do Europe need us?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The messages I've had from European friends are ones of condolence, pretty much. They feel sorry for us, rather than angry at 'our' decision.

Why would your 'friends' feel sorry for a democratic decision, disappointed or frustrated perhaps but why 'sorry' for it, your friends sound patronising and ill-informed.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
You're saying that the leave campaign were telling people to vote out as it would make house prices crash? I missed that, and it wouldn't have affected my vote.

You are right - it wasn't actually a statement by the Leave campaign and I was mistaken to word my post as I did. I didn't mean to, I blame it on lack of sleep. Anyway, it was FUD from Remain but people did take it as you seem to have done that if we did have some economic pain leading to house prices dropping it's not a bad thing.

I think my point still stands. House prices will never drop to a level that most young people can afford simply because the conditions for that to happen would be far more serious and detrimental. The age of easy access to home ownership has long gone in my opinion. I also still think it is fair to say that the Leave vote has been bolstered by those protesting against Westminster and those who have been hoodwinked into thinking that the Leave argument will lead to a more equitable society with better prospects for those disaffected by the crappy politics we currently put up with. I don't believe it will and I suspect there will be many left wondering if it was all worth it years down the line from now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If that was a dig at me,I don't care what bitter losers say!Has world war 3 started yet?:)

No but both the £ & FTSE are sinking like they have been fitted with concrete boots and tossed overboard.
And the Brexit people are saying that they dont want article 50 enacted now but want time thereby delaying the full exit.
Given the alleged £350m a week I expect to see new hospitals schools and housing shooting up by the day

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Who's said it isn't democratic? The only person I see throwing their toys out the pram is you.

Oh dear - have you deliberately misunderstood this ?
I am certainly not throwing any toys around but the amount of trash that I've read about the British people having made a "huge mistake" just gets me very bored

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Regardless whether or not we remain the UK, Europe export a lot of goods to us. If that stops, the UK and Europe will plunge into the biggest recession we've ever seen, and the EU will completely collapse. Is that what the EU want? No, of course it isn't.

I understand the argument that the EU might want to appear tough on us, to prevent others wanting to leave, but that is not the way forward. We've voted leave because we don't like the way the EU is run. If the EU wants to remain viable, it needs to listen to the concerns of its other member countries that would consider leaving, and address those concerns, not make an example of country that has left. People don't like to be threatened and bullied, it won't work.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No but both the £ & FTSE are sinking like they have been fitted with concrete boots and tossed overboard.
And the Brexit people are saying that they dont want article 50 enacted now but want time thereby delaying the full exit.
Given the alleged £350m a week I expect to see new hospitals schools and housing shooting up by the day

Then I would suggest you help vote in a progressive party at the next election. Now that we have voted Leave this progressive party will also be free to nationalise the railways..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Cameron has been a bit of a tit on many levels really, and claiming that leaving the EU could lead to WWIII was utter madness. I was apathetically remain but I’m happy that this has led to his exit.

Europe could grow stronger because it forces everyone’s hand. The EU cannot act in haste against us.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

I talked this over the other day when I picked up my Sound Level Meter from a Sussex Company that calibrates scientific equipment.

They have several European Clients and without exception, all of them have said they will continue sending their gear for recalibration no matter what the result was.

I think it is called Life Goes On...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here