Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
The Clamp;7863943[B said:
]I've seen you react exactly the same way to others who disagree with your viewpoint[/B] or tell truths you don't wish to hear. Based on that history I feel very comfortable ignoring your comments about me.

Completely incorrect. The last post to you was the first time I have felt the need to reply in such a way. I have always conducted my self properly on this forum. And to say that I react this way when people have a different view to mine is "pot & kettle" in the extreme. You mentioned earlier than anyone who voted to leave was thick.

You also mentioned that people only voted leave because they wanted to stick it to the Tories. Yet only 12 months before the referendum the same voters voted the Tories into government with an increased majority. You are the one who is coming across as stupid and disrespectful of anyone's views if they differ from you own.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Completely incorrect. The last post to you was the first time I have felt the need to reply in such a way. I have always conducted my self properly on this forum. And to say that I react this way when people have a different view to mine is "pot & kettle" in the extreme. You mentioned earlier than anyone who voted to leave was thick.

You also mentioned that people only voted leave because they wanted to stick it to the Tories. Yet only 12 months before the referendum the same voters voted the Tories into government with an increased majority. You are the one who is coming across as stupid and disrespectful of anyone's views if they differ from you own.

I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I don't think you have quite grasped the point I was making have you.

As an aside.

I have no problem with democracy in theory. This should never have gone to a plebiscite and it should be noted that referendums are not legally binding and Brexit should never have got this far down the road. But it has and it's happening. It can be argued it has been handled democratically but nobody would argue the fact that it's on a fast track to disaster.

It could also be argued that the EU itself is on a fast track to disaster :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It could also be argued that the EU itself is on a fast track to disaster :shrug:

Yes it could. If the last 2 years has shown us anything it's that any establishment no matter how long it has been in place or how strong it seems, can change or disolve. Overnight in some cases. .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You posted the following at 11:41 today (post # 30738.

"Just proves most Brexiteers are thick. But I've always said that. And I stand by it."

Thank you. As I said, I never stated that anyone who voted leave is thick. I stand by that and I thank I you for proving my point. What were you saying about thick people?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because if the EU wasn't so shit in the first place, we'd never have wanted to leave.

A shit place...or the inability for some to not be able to comprehend the idea of being a partner in something bigger? After all, if it's shit places they're after...the residents of Stoke and Basildon don't need to look too far.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To buy into that argument one has to accept the idea that people wanted to leave the EU. I don't believe they did, they wanted to kick the Tories up the arse.
:eek: I can't believe you seriously think that. I understand you think that a good 9 million of us are thick. Of course I disagree with you, but it's not really worth arguing about. But you also believe it was an anti Tori vote? What nonsense. We voted to leave the EU, because we thought it would be best to leave the EU :rolleyes:

PS - the anti Tories up in Scotland voted to remain.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:eek: I can't believe you seriously think that. I understand you think that a good 9 million of us are thick. Of course I disagree with you, but it's not really worth arguing about. But you also believe it was an anti Tori vote? What nonsense. We voted to leave the EU, because we thought it would be best to leave the EU :rolleyes:

PS - the anti Tories up in Scotland voted to remain.

I doubt even you believe that. Come off it kidder, we all know Leave was a protest vote against the Tories. Many leavers have said as much. Most leave voters didn't think for a second Leave would prevail. Oops!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt even you believe that. Come off it kidder, we all know Leave was a protest vote against the Tories. Many leavers have said as much. Most leave voters didn't think for a second Leave would prevail. Oops!
Ok, you're just a troll. Otherwise, please post quotes from here that we voted leave as a protest against the Tories. Further evidence that you're a troll:

I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick.
You posted the following at 11:41 today (post # 30738.

"Just proves most Brexiteers are thick. But I've always said that. And I stand by it."
Thank you. As I said, I never stated that anyone who voted leave is thick. I stand by that and I thank I you for proving my point.
You're either a troll, or stupid, or both.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ok, you're just a troll. Otherwise, please post quotes from here that we voted leave as a protest against the Tories. Further evidence that you're a troll:

You're either a troll, or stupid, or both.

Sigh. Okay, one last time:

You stated I wrote "ANYONE who voted Brexit is thick". I did not. I said MOST brexiteers were thick. Meaning not anyone who voted leave is thick, most of them are.

I think you need to read things a bit more carefully before getting yourself into a funkle about things you think people have written.
No, not a troll just a radically differing opinion to yours. If you want to flourish in debate you need to aqcuire a thicker skin.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm sick of arguing the toss with shortsighted leave voters on here. I have some videotapes to return.

Edit: thought you were Biscuit Barrell. Looks like it is also me that needs to read more carefully. My reply stands though and I think we've all learned a bit about ourselves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So I see - https://www.ft.com/content/98f1cedc-1582-378e-8b54-b635997fed7f

Any future aviation deal will not apply to Gibraltar without Spanish consent it seems.

this is an interesting little threat reading the text:"“After the United Kingdom leaves the Union, no agreement between the EU and the UK may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the kingdom of Spain and the UK" that is effectively endorsing bilateral agreements between UK and Spain, eroding the principles of a unified bloc. are the EU really going to go so far?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
this is an interesting little threat reading the text:"“After the United Kingdom leaves the Union, no agreement between the EU and the UK may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the kingdom of Spain and the UK" that is effectively endorsing bilateral agreements between UK and Spain, eroding the principles of a unified bloc. are the EU really going to go so far?

It appears so. Other press now picking up on it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ven-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-donald-tusk-uke-leave-european-a7659656.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/32241...-agrees-to-it-first-leaked-eu-guidelines-say/

They appear to giving The Republic of Ireland some slack as well - https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0331/864030-brexit/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You stated I wrote "ANYONE who voted Brexit is thick".
I see from you're edit you've seen that was BB, so I'll leave that.
I did not. I said MOST brexiteers were thick. Meaning not anyone who voted leave is thick, most of them are.
No. Saying "most" are thick would mean that "not everyone" is thick. Saying "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick." actually means that you've never stated any one person (who voted leave) is thick.

You realise there's a difference between anyone and everyone right?

I think you need to read things a bit more carefully before getting yourself into a funkle about things you think people have written.
No, I'm right.

No, not a troll just a radically differing opinion to yours.
If you weren't trolling, then understand you made a mistake and we'll move on, I've no problem if you just got confused between anyone and everyone, it's no big deal. I thought you were trolling, perhaps you weren't. Nothing to do with a difference of opinion though, I'm not complaining about your opinion that Brexit is a bad idea.

If you want to flourish in debate you need to aqcuire a thicker skin.
Eh? I'm not upset about anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here