Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't think anyone is saying it won't be complicated. But I am sure it will happen.

I'm sure it will happen too for what it's worth. We have a thread here entitled 'hard BREXIT' which I think is looking increasingly likely, in my opinion, but just last week I saw the right honourable member for Henley on Sky News implying that we'll remain in the single market, which he stated would happen throughout the leave campaign too.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Utter nonsese. A bit like 'prepare for a General Election in 2017'.

What are you talking about? How is it nonsense when May and Davis can't even agree on the basics of what "Brexit" will mean, and what's it got to do with a GE?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
BrExit pretty clearly means Britain leaving the European Union. That is what was on the ballot paper. That is what was voted for by the majority. That is what we will do. It doesn't seem an overly complicated concept.

This means the whole result is invalid as the official ballot paper made no refetence to Britain. I was cadting my vote on whether the United Kingdom should leave or remain. Why didn't you raise your wrong ballot paper on the day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What are you talking about? How is it nonsense when May and Davis can't even agree on the basics of what "Brexit" will mean, and what's it got to do with a GE?

It's left wing diversionary drivel.... anything to take attention away from their utter shambles.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This means the whole result is invalid as the official ballot paper made no refetence to Britain. I was cadting my vote on whether the United Kingdom should leave or remain. Why didn't you raise your wrong ballot paper on the day.

Yes, yes... obviously factually it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland... but tell that to Team GB in the Olympics etc...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, this and the people who weren't eligible to vote at the time but would be by the time it happens.

Industrial areas like Sunderland may be affected but surely the spread of people who were unable to vote covers all areas?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hard Brexit or soft Brexit, it does not matter which, those with money and power will adapt and survive the recession as always and the rest of us will be " In This Together " for the next round of cuts and wage stagnation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tell us oh wise one,

What the major implications of Brexit will be ?

After all, you wouldn't vote for something you don't understand, would you ???

No longer a member of The EU
Primacy of our courts
Increase in Parliamentary sovereignty
Regain control of our borders

I like those implications

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's left wing diversionary drivel.... anything to take attention away from their utter shambles.
There's nothing left wing about the fact that the government had no plan for a Leave win and still have no plan whatsoever for actually leaving the EU.

You seem to have your head in the sand as these are facts, not left vs right, Tory vs Labour point scoring.

Maybe any type of debate other than that is a bit too difficult for you to understand but I'm not a Labour supporter and I can't stand Corbyn and his pals. I just look at what's actually happening and it's a total mess.

larus

Best tell that to the government then cos they haven't got a ****ing clue what it actually means!

What is it that you Remainers don't get? The GOVERNMENT didn't want BREXIT. They nearly ALL voted for REMAIN (snouts in the trough you see). May didn't support Brexit (although she wasn't exactly supporting Remain either).

So of course the GOVERNMENT doesn't have a plan, because the vote was promised by CMD and he never thought he would lose, so never even prepared any groundwork.

The GOVERNMENT are recruiting trade negatiators at the moment and trying to develop a strategy, but it wasn't the GOVERNMENTS choice to leave, it was the majority of the population who voted.

So, FFS, stop going on about no plan. They (the Remainers) didn't plan as CMD stopped civil servants doing any form of planning as he didn't want to countenance the risk of losing. So, if you want to blame anyone, blame the F*CKING REMAIN team for being so THICK as to not even plan for the possibility that, in a Yes/No vote, you may F*CKING lose.

See, it ain't that complicated. Farage, Gove, Johnson, etc. WEREN'T IN POWER. Remainers were.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
just last week I saw the right honourable member for Henley on Sky News implying that we'll remain in the single market, which he stated would happen throughout the leave campaign too.

[Pedant alert] John Howell is a PPS but not a member of the Privy Council so, he's an Hon not a Right Hon ...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It’s too resource hungry for something that won’t make any difference. The government have had to employ 350 “experienced” monkeys to try and make sense of the details. It’s counterproductive it would be interesting to know how much this will cost just employing all these extra people.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
What is it that you Remainers don't get? The GOVERNMENT didn't want BREXIT. They nearly ALL voted for REMAIN (snouts in the trough you see). May didn't support Brexit (although she wasn't exactly supporting Remain either).

So of course the GOVERNMENT doesn't have a plan, because the vote was promised by CMD and he never thought he would lose, so never even prepared any groundwork.

The GOVERNMENT are recruiting trade negatiators at the moment and trying to develop a strategy, but it wasn't the GOVERNMENTS choice to leave, it was the majority of the population who voted.

So, FFS, stop going on about no plan. They (the Remainers) didn't plan as CMD stopped civil servants doing any form of planning as he didn't want to countenance the risk of losing. So, if you want to blame anyone, blame the F*CKING REMAIN team for being so THICK as to not even plan for the possibility that, in a Yes/No vote, you may F*CKING lose.

See, it ain't that complicated. Farage, Gove, Johnson, etc. WEREN'T IN POWER. Remainers were.

Think that sums it up rather well !!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It’s too resource hungry for something that won’t make any difference. The government have had to employ 350 “experienced” monkeys to try and make sense of the details. It’s counterproductive it would be interesting to know how much this will cost just employing all these extra people.

I would have thought the governments time would be better spent on something productive.

larus

Probably less than £8bln a year that we pay into the EU.

Before you say that's going on the NHS. I never believed that, same as I didn't believe all of the lies from the Remainers about :
House Prices.
£30bln emergency budget,
Interest rates going up.
WW3.
Back of the queue with the USA.

No need to list anymore.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Best tell that to the government then cos they haven't got a ****ing clue what it actually means!

Really? Given that government members attend meetings, travel abroad and are advised by civil servants, I think that they probably do know what it means. How on earth are you able to make such a judgement? You might not agree with their decisions, but that does not mean that they don't understand - it is almost certain that governments will understand more than you do. Liccolj -you would be well advised to think first before you post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here