Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 managers tapped up by the Telegraph

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
There are managers who I loathe who I hope and pray are on the list - funnily enough a couple of them have managed our chums in Norwood !
This is not just confined to England though - most of the rest of the world exists on the backhander

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In a round about way it is SKy's investment which is partly causing it - If there wasn't so much money floating about it wouldn't be attracting such people.

I have no sympathy for anyone involved. None in the slightest. People should do things properly and pay taxes correctly. I hope HMRC get involved as well on this because the British Economy has a shortfall in its GDP and this would go part of the way to balancing the books

Football is the new boxing.

Years ago, boxing was the sport with the really big bucks and it attracted the sleazeballs and slimeballs of society. Some boxers were owned by organised crime..i.e the Mafia. They controlled them and rigged fights. They manipulated the market. They made fighters throw fights and bet on the other man. Boxing was dirty and ugly. Money corrupts. It doesn't matter about the sport, its only about making more and more money. The well-being of the athlete is secondary.

Now football has taken over, displaying all the worst aspects of society....arrogance and greed. We have allowed a breakaway league to rig/fix the market and now it is in control. The governing body is relatively powerless. The interest of the national game is secondary. The proper development of young players is secondary. We have allowed our beloved football clubs to fall into the hands of individuals who have broken every rule in the book to become wealthy and got away with it. We have allowed a satellite broadcaster to pump more and more money into the pockets of players and agents and away from the grass roots of the game. So much money has come into the game, that every football club in the land should have been on a sound footing for decades to come. They aren't and they won't be.

The sleazeballs and slimeballs are back. Jumping on the gravy train faster than the speed of light. Rigging and controlling the market and making millions in the process, most of it underhand and pretending to represent the interest of their clients. It was clear football had lost leave of its senses a few years ago, when Ashley Cole called a £250,000 a year pay rise as derisory. We all made jokes at the time and laughed it off but the signs that it was starting to get out of control, were there for all to see. Those signs were largely ignored and the monster has got greedier and greedier. Some managers will now be exposed and pay the price. But thats how it happens anyway. The manager always carries the can.

The whole system is rotten, from top to bottom and ultimately, the solution lies in our hands. The governing body won't do anything about it because their snouts are in the trough as well. The fans have to start saying enough is enough. We have to demand a cleaning up of the game. We have to demand a fairer share of money in football. We have to demand more value for money, as spectators. We have to have the courage to recognise that Sky calls the shots and all the time that millions of people pour millions of pounds into their coffers, the hundreds of millions/billions swilling around football will bring even more parasites into the game. We are the customer here. Without us, the game is nothing. We have the ultimate power.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really?

The Telegraph are part of the British press so they are going to focus on our game. Do you genuinely believe that this corruption is limited to England? I bet there are overseas leagues where corruption is considerably worse and where there is no appetite on the governing bodies in those countries to take action against it.
No I don't believe corruption is limited to UK, with respect I'm not really bothered about other countries issues, they can get their own houses in order, I guess it's just me being a tad patriotic!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The FA is just like FIFA, UEFA and the IOC. When there is corruption from within, you cannot cure the problems without. Does anyone actually believe that the FA is whiter than white? The scandal of new Wembley has left a stain on the game for years to come and left certain FA officials with a lot of money in their bank accounts.

I cannot disagree with you there :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We don't seem to be very transparent at the moment with "undisclosed fees" paid for pretty much all of our signings over the last few years! ???
I know the agents fees are listed in the clubs accounts though.

I don't get the undisclosed fee - I am sure it is registered somewhere, but as you say it is not very transparent

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I pissed myself laughing when I read that quote.

As for the Swiss Banks Accounts if anyone put money there then they must be really daft given that UK and Switzerland only recently set up a Dual Taxation Agreement about 8 years ago to pass on information to each other
It's not 100% effective though....plenty of ways of segregating assets.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
think all of them bar 1 or 2, as the list says ex-premiership manager. some suggestions are fanciful, likes of Fergie or Mourhino earn so much wouldnt be worth the hassle of a few grand.
Don't forget, Fergie is not squeaky clean when it comes to money. Look up the Coolmore Racing story when Fergie was made a " present " of one of their top horses as a bonus then decided to sue for stud fees after the horse was retired

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's not 100% effective though....plenty of ways of segregating assets.

Of course it is not 100% effective but the relatively recent Dual Taxation Agreements between the UK and both Lichtenstein and Switzerland have brought in Billions in tax revenue to the OK and it is ongoing

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Obviously no club chairman or FA council member would take anything a character like Pino Pagliara says seriously. But equally obviously they'll want to investigate.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Obviously no club chairman or FA council member would take anything a character like Pino Pagliara says seriously. But equally obviously they'll want to investigate.

They will investigate but they aren't going to find any evidence. It will be the word of a disgraced ex agent, who is unlikely to agree to give evidence. The managers will just need to refuse to comment, which is their right.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Don't forget, Fergie is not squeaky clean when it comes to money. Look up the Coolmore Racing story when Fergie was made a " present " of one of their top horses as a bonus then decided to sue for stud fees after the horse was retired
Which in turn lead to the Glazer takeover. Funny how many Man U fans forget that it was all caused by old redface's greed.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Because we live in the same world where Hugh Grant would cheat on Liz Hurley with a skanky Prostitute. Some people are just greedy.

Not to mention Gary Barlow (though I just have :)) . Who couldn't spend the cash he already had if he lived to be 150..without the help of my Mrs. But still felt the desire to weasel around paying his tax morally.
Often the way that those that have most, have an extended desire to increase it uneccessarily. :shrug:

SAC

May 21, 2014
Lawyers for the 8 have gagged the Telegraph according to SSN , how long till they're ID'd ?

If true then I'd guess that we will know who applied for the gagging orders some time this afternoon. Bound to be reported abroad and then on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here