Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women and tattoos

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Most people don't have tattoos. So that's original is it?

So those who aren't tattooed are just trying to be cool are they. Tw@s.

Amongst people under 30, a lot of do. It's become somewhat of a fashion. Like another poster said, it's a generation thing. I just about fit into that generation (with a push) and I barely know anyone that doesn't have a very cliche tattoo.

And the suggestion is that there's more peer pressure amongst young people to have them now. Older generations probably don't feel that mind. I should have clarified the generation point though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
c36e3a76e03ffbb287b7c31b91d6cfc6.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So let me get this straight. You have opinions. Other people are retards.

OK, fine, whatever..................

It's like this-same thing really,you are driving your car for example,you a waiting at a T junction to pull out,you look left and right,you check for cyclists and motorbikes,you look left and right again,still checking and proceed to pull out,the road is clear in both directions,as you pull out you are still looking,you get half way out & some driver is doing 45mph in a 30mph zone you have just pulled into.....

Now you are in their way,of course technically you have entered the road and are in their way,your my friend are in the wrong and they will let you know about it,on come the horn,the obscenities are hurled,the face says it all,you might even get a bit of road rage.....but it's they who are wrong..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm 63 so older than some who are so vociferous in here.

I'm not going to get that upset about tattoos on anyone. It might depend on the subject matter of the tattoos, but if it's just decorative it would not be an issue. If it was a "statement" which said something about the views or similar of the person involved with which I disagreed, then it might be a turn off, but that would be because of the views rather than the tattoo itself.

Other things would be more important, like what's between the ears, personality, conversation...... And I'm not just saying that because I'm old (not that old or unfit, I've got a resting heart rate of about 44). I've always felt that way.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think personalised number plates are worse........

I agree - just an ego-trip usually.

I sometimes like business related ones, though. On our way back from Scotland on holiday a couple of weeks ago, we saw a butcher's van which was claiming quality sausages as a speciality. The number plate was SO55AGE. It made us both laugh.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Each to their own. I just think tattoos look pretty shite after a few years when they are faded, and the person wearing them gets old and saggy, male or female !! Saw plenty of both examples in Benidorm a couple of weeks ago. Did feel in the minority not having any, especially as a Brit, we seem more obsessed with inking ourselves than other Europeans.

Less taste and class than most of those across the pond.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Russian-031-2.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It has to be the right tatoo on the right woman. Some are incredibly attractive IMO. Not neccesarily a whole complete sleeve but large ones down the side of a certain women are lovely.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A tattoo used to categorise people....Gypsy, Sailor, Homosexual etc. The baby boomers of post war Britain were brought up to believe that a tattoo was a barrier in job interviews. It was impossible to work in the City with one and many other employers were totally against it. It became a class thing. Working class men, particularly those who had been in the Merchant Navy, would have them on their arms, fading and of moderate quality. It was almost impossible to find a woman with one and anyone with any social pretension avoided them like the plague.
They are back in fashion but like every transient fad, they will have a limited lifespan and then people will move onto something else. Unlike almost all other fads, bizarre hairstyles, piercings, ponytails, fashion statements etc, they cannot be easily removed. You have chosen to brand yourself for life and a lot of those rushing to the parlours now, give no consideration as to what they will look like when ageing sets in and the skin starts to sag.
I cannot think of anything more unappetising than ageing women, covered in tattoos, which have lost most of their definition due to their skin losing its elasticity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Amongst people under 30, a lot of do. It's become somewhat of a fashion.
Agreed, a lot do. Most still don't though.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You declare that most tattoos look shit, but obviously a lot of people like them.

I just about fit into that generation (with a push) and I barely know anyone that doesn't have a very cliche tattoo.
Are you drawn to people with tattoos :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tattoos are for Sailors, criminals and 80's heavy metal bands.

Most women look like right skanks when covered in them

Their body to ruin I suppose.

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

100% correct. Tattoos also highlight their complete lack of class and intelligence.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
I don't like tattoos,especially on women. Don't see the point of them. but people get taken in with these crazes.

Yes i'm well over 50

Yes i voted out.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't like tattoos,especially on women. Don't see the point of them. but people get taken in with these crazes.

Yes i'm well over 50

Yes i voted out.

Me too,i am some way under 50.....must be the odd voter out :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Agreed, a lot do. Most still don't though.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You declare that most tattoos look shit, but obviously a lot of people like them.

Are you drawn to people with tattoos :)

Haha, I do feel like I am. But then again, go out on a Friday or Saturday night and most young people seem to have them now. I guess my original post was that tattoos used to be a bit different, they weren't mainstream at all, yet now they are since the Beckhams of this world made them so.

The problem when things become popular, is that the more that have something, the less variety there invariably is. I just thinks that's become the case with tattoos.

I think that some can look excellent. Just that the majority don't. And that stands for men and women.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why do a lot of women with tatts have their kids names, and d.o.b. on them? I can remember all my kids names, and most of their d.o.b.
And, they are usually on their backs, or somewhere else that can't easily be seen.

Daft!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The thing is the pictures of hot women with tattoos people are posting are just that , hot women. The tattoo adds nothing to their hotness, they'd still be hot without the tattoo.

Have you ever looked at a pretty girl and thought yeah she's well fit but would look even better with dagger snake combo tattoo on her forearm?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The vast majority of British women have absolutely no class or femininity.
If they think that being plastered in crap tattoos looks good then that only proves my point.
When you go down to the med and you see all the beautiful girls dressed nicely, no tattoos, having a nice time with there friends and behaving like normal human beings should behave, and then you have the Brits, fat, ugly, dressed like hookers, covered in awful tattoos, shagging any bloke that talks to them, pissed,drugged up and fighting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The vast majority of British women have absolutely no class or femininity.
If they think that being plastered in crap tattoos looks good then that only proves my point.
When you go down to the med and you see all the beautiful girls dressed nicely, no tattoos, having a nice time with there friends and behaving like normal human beings should behave, and then you have the Brits, fat, ugly, dressed like hookers, covered in awful tattoos, shagging any bloke that talks to them, pissed,drugged up and fighting.

None of the Med women walk round in shit Chavvy leggings either but that's a whole other debate :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here